2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Wow, Not What We Expected
By brightsun1 on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our 3rd Sienna. Always liked the solid quality of these cars. New interior panels are very hard and cheap looking. My wife loves all the convenience gadgets. But.. the sliding doors are starting to stick and the power steering is making a strange crunching noise. Took it to the dealer. Yes, Toyota is aware of these things. There is no fix. Now, some of the electronics seem to be intermittently failing. It is amazing to me that these things are happening if Toyota had tested them out before releasing production. Last model was higher quality.

A great minivan
By MyFirstMiniVan on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We just purchased a new 2011 Sienna Limited with Advanced Tech Pkg. Previous vehicle was gas-guzzling Lexus SUV. We really like all the options and technology it has to offer. Drove the 2011 Odyssey but for the $ we could get a lot more Sienna and a great family hauler that is noticeably quieter. The driver's seat could use some work with the headrest. At 6'3" I find it difficult to get comfortable and Toyota made a huge mistake with that awful faux wood on the dash.

Good Buy
By M. Viejo on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We decided to purchase the 2011 XLE instead of the new Odyssey strictly because of the exterior Design. Overall the van is a great buy with a a few minor needed improvements.

Replaces first generation 98 Sienna XLE
By Leigh on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have 4 kids. Started out thinking I would go with a Large SUV. Happened to see the new Sienna, looked at it and my 14 yo saying she had more room in the back seat..we started minivan shopping! I have a 98 Sienna XLE (kept it, couldn't give it up after 210,000 miles), so I knew the reliability was excellent. Bought 1 mo ago, We love it! Nice driving experience. love almost everything about it. Waited til the Honda Odyssey came out to buy, but Sienna won out (personally thought the Odyssey was ugly as in the back looks like a droopy backside!) and Honda not willing to come off MSRP the first months of release.

So far so good
By rick on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Really like the versatility of the Base Sienna. Removable seats and the folding 3-Row is a great feature. Runs great for a minivan. The 4 cyl engine (hard to get in the Los Angeles area) has enough pep to get us around town. Strangely, when I was looking into the jack compartment in the back of the van, it seems there was a big motor there which I think could only be for the sliding doors but this van does not have auto sliding doors. does this mean it can be upgraded?

Best Minivan in the human history so far
By Young on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We just bought an SE 2 weeks ago. Drives better than my 2002 Odyssey. Acceleration is good. The appearance is just stunning. I got a pre-dawn Gray. It perfectly matches the black interior. I can't take my eyes of it. Sorry wife . My wife and I and our 4 kids all love it very much.

Great so far.
By Signal30 on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our first mini van that we have purchased, however I have driven a Chevy Astro and the GMC version at work for years. The first thing I noticed was the amazing field of view I get while driving our van. A large front windshield and big side windows allows you to see everything. The V-6 has good pick up from a stop and decent gas mileage. The plastic dash and other parts of the interior are no worse than any other vehicle that is being made. I will say that the controls on the center dash look like of thrown together and it's takes a bit to get used to where everything is.

sweet!
By james jet on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This the best mini-van out there period. This thing gets a lot of looks, it drives and handles like a car. It blows all others away! Just drive on you will see. Make sure you drive an se model.

First Time Minivan Owner
By dleininger on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We just purchased the new 2011 Sienna Limited FWD in Blizzard Pearl, and WOW am I impressed so far. We're going to have 3 kids under 3 yrs old here shortly. This thing is truly loaded with every feature you could think of. The ride is so smooth, quiet and effortless, and I'm LOVING all the electronics for sure. The dealership had two identical Limited's in Blizzard Pearl, so we got FWD vs. AWD. I was surprised that only FWD has auto fold 3rd row seat (better mpg too). Have received multiple compliments from carpool riders. IMO the interior materials look nice, not cheap as others have said. Just pay a few extra $$ and get the limited with all the fun options. You won't regret it.

Good purchase overall
By lynn on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Being someone young without kids, the thought of a minivan haunted me at night, but after outgrowing my sequoia and the poor mpg I looked at the new sienna. After shopping multiple dealers, ended up saving 4k off sticker price. It drives VERY nice! Drives like a car yet the room of a full size suv with way better mpg. So far around 21-22 mpg combined driving. Nice interior although sunroof is a joke, only opens about 1/3 of the way. Navigation was worth the $$. Still can't believe no auto-lights in a $38k vehicle. With a bad back, I was a little disappointed with seat comfort. The heated seats help though. Besides the minivan stigma, I'm happy with my purchase.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan in VA is:

$108 per month*