Used 2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews - 140 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Another happy swagger family!
By queentot

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our family of five outgrew our 2006 Mazda5 (great car) and were we ready for a full-size minivan. We researched, test drove and compared all the top recommended, re-designed vans of 2011, and ultimately decided on the Sienna. We are all so happy with our new minivan! I like that the Sienna '11 is an IIHS top safety pick, and I preferred the exterior appearance to the other top safety pick van. I also really liked that I could get a lot of useful and important features (two rows of sunshades, iPod connectivity and XM) without having to get leather seats (ick, who thinks dead cow is luxury?!) Overall the Sienna was the perfect minivan package for our family - our swagger wagon rules!

sunshades in second *and* third row, seating flexibility, automatic sliding doors, iPhone connectivity and XM radio!

automatic tailgate on LE model - without having to get leather!

Great Trip Van
By wil12345

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Sienna 14 months ago and have driven it 19k miles.
We still have our 2001 Sienna with 135k miles on it and the new van has improved in every way.
Didn't like the van at first because of the ride, but replaced the run flats with normal tires and it now rides and drives like a luxury vehicle.
We get about 20 mpg in town and 25 mpg on the road.
So far, we are very pleased.

Love the space, all wheel drive, the ride and the rear entertainment system

Interior materials on the dash could be better, but this is a minor detail. Get rid of the run flats and have the vehicle come with a spare tire or a repair kit for normal tires.

Great Car
By jschwartz

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had a Dodge Grand Caravan in the late 90's and loved the space (not the reliability).
Since then have had a Tahoe, Envoy, CRV and Volvo S80 (the worst piece of junk I ever owned).
This car is just for my wife and I (and a dog).
We love this car.
It is spacious, lets us hang clothes on a trip and in general is just a wonderful experience.
To those who complain about the NAV, I would say learn to use it properly.
Further, no NAV system is perfect.
I have not used the voice activation, but from what I can see in the manual, it works great.
Love the bluetooth as I do not always hear my phone, but with the connected bluetooth, never lose a call.
I have averaged almost 21 MPG.

The driver's seat slides back when entering or exiting the vehicle. Bluetooth is terrific (although I haven't used the voice activation yet). XM traffic is great around the city as I use the car to commute 37 miles each way through a metropolitan area. Space is fantastic and the lounge seats are great. Love the ease of either using the 3rd row or folding it down.

I agree that the fake wood could be improved and the trial XM does not include some of the premium channels (come on - for 40 K+). Because of the bar under the lounge seats, can't put rubber floor mats there, as the seat needs to slide back and forth to get to the 3rd row.

Cross Country Machine!
By daf62757

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my brand new 2011 Sienna XLE about a month ago. I was going to take a cross country trip (Indy to San Diego, LA, San Fransisco, Elko, Grand Junction, Denver, Salina to Indy.

I wanted a large van but not a full size van. My wife loved the Toyota and after about a month of dealing with local Indy dealers on my 2006 Rav4 as a trade in, I finally bought one.

The selection of available vans was better at some dealers than others. I bought from the dealer in Anderson, Indiana because they gave me the most for my trade in.

After a month of ownership and about 6K miles, I can report back that this mini van is excellent. It got very good gas mileage, comfortable, and fun to drive.

Automatic sliding doors and back door. Makes loading and unloading people and luggage an easy chore. My wife's grandkids loved the DVD entertainment system. The instruments take a bit of learning but you figure it out and quickly master operating all the controls.

Well, better gs mileage would be wonderful, but for the size of the van and the large V-6 engine, it goes get good gas mileage. I drove 75 in some states (Colorado, Utah, California, New Mexico, and Kansas) and was able to get 26 MPG.

It was the right way to go!
By hcruz1980

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought our 2011 Sienna last week and it drives like a dream!
Steering is so smooth, turns and corners effortlessly.
Has great pick up.
Feels like your driving a living room on wheels.
The first few days I felt like the car was almost too luxurious for me!
Definitely spend the money or negotiate the price to get the XLE model.
Ours has leather seats and navigation.
I figure the dvd can be bought after market.
Leather because our kids would have destroyed the fabric seats.
It was between this and the Honda Odyssey.
Test drove both and in the end it was a youtube video that helped us decide. Type in Toyota Sienna vs. Honda Odyssey and look for video from New York Training.

Seat warmer, steering wheel is so smooth. Space in between front seats for your purse. One touch sliding doors and liftgate. Deep rear well (which would be the trunk space). Ease of folding the third row seats. COLOR!! Ours is the Salsa red, we've already gotten like 10 compliments on the color alone. Blue tooth can be answered on the steering wheel, Navigation system is awesome. Push start ignition is pretty cool. Sun shades that come already in both 2nd and 3rd row!

Better material on the floor right where people step to get into the van (not sure what that area is called). Currently it is a grey plastic material and it's already scratched.