Used 2011 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Most Helpful|
2011 Sienna - Recall Imminent
By DaddyNOTlike

2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned this car for less than two weeks. After 10 days, the rear trunk door stopped working. We took it to our local dealership body shop at were told the hinge had a problem, like the Highlander in recent times. They tried to fix it, didn't work. Now we find out the tailgate is bent at the top, so the entire rear trunk door needs to be replaced. At the same body shop, an identical 2011 Sienna (1 week old this time) was parked for the identical same problem. Their door was also bent at the exact same spot as ours and refused to work. The steering has been giving me creaking noises since day 1. Other 2011 Toyota owners have also had same problems w/passengers doors within 1 week

Favorite Features

Leather seats - but what's the use when it's been in the body shop 10 tens after purchase?

Suggested Improvements

This minivan needs to be on the recall list. It is totally defective from start to finish. NHTSA needs to be notified. Doors have serious latch issues, steering and brakes have issues. There are safety issues here - very serious.

Plastic Everywhere!
By Derek

2011 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Drove the Sienna, very smooth ride overall. Exterior design is nice and looks good. The interior plastics are horrendous. Very poor quality looking and very cheap to the touch. Surprised that Toyota would do this to this vehicle. Not a fan of the fact that the upscale LE model is missing so many important features and that Toyota forces people to upgrade even higher to the XLE or limited model to gain many common features.

Favorite Features

Quiet Ride, nice exterior looks

Suggested Improvements

hard plastic dash needs to be changed Hard plastic all over the doors as well No backup sensor on LE model No HID lights on LE model No power hatch on LE model And many many other options not available on this popular model The 2 thousand dollar price to get the rear DVD system is a joke.

Great car if you like Squeaky Seats
By marktuyet

2011 Toyota Sienna 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Nice looking mini van but Toyota skimped on the quality of the interior especially the seats. Imagine your surprise after buying an expensive automobile and every time you or a passenger are in it the seats squeak terribly. I am talking about all the seats. The seat backs squeak and the seat bottoms squeak when you shift your body weight the slightest. They squeak when you pull away and when you brake the van. The second row seats can be removed but you are left with a big,bulky track above the floor level. Terrible design ! I have owned this vehicle over 1 year and have over 20,000 miles on it.

Favorite Features

quiet engine, decent gas mileage, the 6 speed shifts well and makes driving hills a breeze. Good radio and nice visibility .

Suggested Improvements

The seats .. I am very upset about this as I am 60 yrs. old and have driven a lot of bombs and no car I ever had, and there has been many, has had such poorly designed seats . It is so bad it makes me hate this vehicle. I will never buy another Toyota .. no car is perfect but I expected much better from Toyota. All the interior parts are cheap. My old Chrysler and much better quality except for the transmissions .

Toyota is slipping; NOT worth $45k
By DLu

2011 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the 2011 Limited AWD with the "premium" package in April. First impressions were that it was pleasant/ unoffensive, about what you'd expect from a minivan. The transmission is surprisingly quick to downshift for passing and shifts smoothly. However, the cheap materials, especially the fake wood (which they should get rid of and stop pretending it's fancy!) and the shoddy stitching on the leather, are very disappointing. I recommend getting the LE and save $20k to upgrade your kitchen or buy a Miata. When I got a tire replacement (see below), a lug nut was cross-threaded and ripped the bolt off. I have not had a major problem like some, but these are a sign of poor quality!

Favorite Features

Roominess, surprisingly quick to downshift (good thing for a heavy minivan), plenty of cup holders and plugs, puddle lights, the keyless access ("Smart Key") system works very well and seamlessly (most of the time).

Suggested Improvements

The run-flats are a bad idea -- they are slightly less comfortable, cost a lot, cannot "limp" very far, and nobody seems to carry one when you are far from home. The interior materials and the stitching of the leather need to be upgraded to be more fitting of the $40- 45k price on the Limited.

Not what I signed up for
By Troy

2011 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After having this for less than a month it has been in the shop for NUMEROUS issues including transmission, power windows that would not go up and a stereo that has a mind of its own. This is not my first Toyota product, but this sure will be the last. The dealer was less than helpful and my salesman was nonexistent for help dealing with service. I will be buying an Odyssey in 2 years unless this vehicle gives out before. Getting ready to trade our ES350 for an Accord Crosstour. What happened to you Toyota?

Favorite Features

I do like the middle row seats.

Suggested Improvements

Everything