Used 2011 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Unbelievable Drive!!
By dustino

2011 Toyota Sienna 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This Vehicle is Worth every last cent!! Went in to trade our 08 Nissan Quest in and wasnt totally sold that I wanted to be upside down in the loan but after driving this vehicle for 2 min I knew we had to have it. The smooth steering and the way this van glides on the road is very impressive.

Favorite Features

The exterior design and the driving ability. The turn radius is amazing.

Suggested Improvements

Making the Base model available with temp reading and now that its the law, basically everywhere, every vehicle should have the blu tooth standard not an optional feature. The gas mileage needs some major help!!

Don't Buy the Navigation System
By ghung

2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased my 2011 XLE Sienna two weeks ago and found out that not all addresses are in the navigation system, even those that have been in existence for quite some time. When I had the dealership check it, they said they cannot do anything because the disk that uploads the direction is contracted out to a third party vendor. When asked if the problem can be resolved, they said they cannot guarantee that the issue would be fixed. I was then directed to the corporate customer relations department. The representative said the same thing and was not very helpful. To make a long story short, I would think twice about buying this since Toyota doesn't appear to have this problem resolve.

Sienna Cruise Control Problem
By texastuit

2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had our Sienna for almost a year now and thoroughly enjoy driving it. The pick up and turning radius are great. I have only two complaints.....Our LXE has everything but the DV D package and YET....No automatic headlights. The dash lights come on automatically but NOT the headlights....go figure. More annoyingly, when decending even a SLIGHT grade, the cruise control can not keep the set speed within 10-15 MPH. Took it in for check out and was told to read the owners manual...No other vehicle I own or have owned seems to have this problem. Granted, they may gain a few MPH, but will hold the speed much closer than this. Look out speeding ticket!

Favorite Features

Acceleration and driving performance

Suggested Improvements

Cruise Control!!!!! Our local Law Enforcement loves to hide out at the bottom of these long decending grades with radar in hand.

Great car if you like Squeaky Seats
By marktuyet

2011 Toyota Sienna 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Nice looking mini van but Toyota skimped on the quality of the interior especially the seats. Imagine your surprise after buying an expensive automobile and every time you or a passenger are in it the seats squeak terribly. I am talking about all the seats. The seat backs squeak and the seat bottoms squeak when you shift your body weight the slightest. They squeak when you pull away and when you brake the van. The second row seats can be removed but you are left with a big,bulky track above the floor level. Terrible design ! I have owned this vehicle over 1 year and have over 20,000 miles on it.

Favorite Features

quiet engine, decent gas mileage, the 6 speed shifts well and makes driving hills a breeze. Good radio and nice visibility .

Suggested Improvements

The seats .. I am very upset about this as I am 60 yrs. old and have driven a lot of bombs and no car I ever had, and there has been many, has had such poorly designed seats . It is so bad it makes me hate this vehicle. I will never buy another Toyota .. no car is perfect but I expected much better from Toyota. All the interior parts are cheap. My old Chrysler and much better quality except for the transmissions .

Good family car, need to improve some designs
By juan_preciado

2011 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I change this van, upgrading from a 07 Honda Oddysey, I have more than a year with it, and will said that I miss the honda, but this have some new features, like the electric power steering, that is a big difference from a hydraulic one, this will make the city drive more comfortable, but I think, I need more attention to drive on the road, because steering is so soft to move. I believe that the honda had better aceleration on the start (low RPM). The new dessing for the middle seat are not rigth, the seat are getting too hard to move, my wife can not move them anymore, and the floor mat get stuck under the seat very often. The front seat has the problem that the plastics keep falling off.

Favorite Features

Big room for almost anything. soft drive.

Suggested Improvements

Design of the middle seat mechanism, because are hard to move to get on the third row. Factory Floor mat move and get stuck under the middle seat, need to change desing Quality on interior, some parts have fall off, most of them from the front seats, another ones I have not find where to they came from. color of the upholstery. to easy to get stains because is almost white.