2011 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Another happy swagger family!
By queentot on 08/06/11 19:51 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our family of five outgrew our 2006 Mazda5 (great car) and were we ready for a full-size minivan. We researched, test drove and compared all the top recommended, re-designed vans of 2011, and ultimately decided on the Sienna. We are all so happy with our new minivan! I like that the Sienna '11 is an IIHS top safety pick, and I preferred the exterior appearance to the other top safety pick van. I also really liked that I could get a lot of useful and important features (two rows of sunshades, iPod connectivity and XM) without having to get leather seats (ick, who thinks dead cow is luxury?!) Overall the Sienna was the perfect minivan package for our family - our swagger wagon rules!

Great Trip Van
By wil12345 on 07/31/11 19:37 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Sienna 14 months ago and have driven it 19k miles. We still have our 2001 Sienna with 135k miles on it and the new van has improved in every way. Didn't like the van at first because of the ride, but replaced the run flats with normal tires and it now rides and drives like a luxury vehicle. We get about 20 mpg in town and 25 mpg on the road. So far, we are very pleased.

Great Car
By jschwartz on 07/29/11 04:36 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had a Dodge Grand Caravan in the late 90's and loved the space (not the reliability). Since then have had a Tahoe, Envoy, CRV and Volvo S80 (the worst piece of junk I ever owned). This car is just for my wife and I (and a dog). We love this car. It is spacious, lets us hang clothes on a trip and in general is just a wonderful experience. To those who complain about the NAV, I would say learn to use it properly. Further, no NAV system is perfect. I have not used the voice activation, but from what I can see in the manual, it works great. Love the bluetooth as I do not always hear my phone, but with the connected bluetooth, never lose a call. I have averaged almost 21 MPG.

Cross Country Machine!
By daf62757 on 07/10/11 09:49 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my brand new 2011 Sienna XLE about a month ago. I was going to take a cross country trip (Indy to San Diego, LA, San Fransisco, Elko, Grand Junction, Denver, Salina to Indy. I wanted a large van but not a full size van. My wife loved the Toyota and after about a month of dealing with local Indy dealers on my 2006 Rav4 as a trade in, I finally bought one. The selection of available vans was better at some dealers than others. I bought from the dealer in Anderson, Indiana because they gave me the most for my trade in. After a month of ownership and about 6K miles, I can report back that this mini van is excellent. It got very good gas mileage, comfortable, and fun to drive.

It was the right way to go!
By hcruz1980 on 06/28/11 19:38 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought our 2011 Sienna last week and it drives like a dream! Steering is so smooth, turns and corners effortlessly. Has great pick up. Feels like your driving a living room on wheels. The first few days I felt like the car was almost too luxurious for me! Definitely spend the money or negotiate the price to get the XLE model. Ours has leather seats and navigation. I figure the dvd can be bought after market. Leather because our kids would have destroyed the fabric seats. It was between this and the Honda Odyssey. Test drove both and in the end it was a youtube video that helped us decide. Type in Toyota Sienna vs. Honda Odyssey and look for video from New York Training.

There is no other to compare
By aenewman on 05/27/11 20:38 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought our "swagger wagon" after much research this past April. We tried every competitive minivan and even a few SUVs, but we need 7-passenger seating so the field is limited. We've had two Dodge Caravans and they began to fall apart after about five years. The Kia is junk IMO. So, it cams down to the Odyssey and the Sienna. The Sienna won for three reasons: 1. Price beats the Honda by a few thousand, 2. Consumer Reports show Toyota reliability is unbeaten by anyone in the long run (and we hope to keep this van for many years) 3. The Honda is just plain ugly on the outside (looks like a hearse). IMO, the 2011 Sienna is the best looking minivan ever.

Highly Recommended
By texsteeler on 05/22/11 09:02 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We love our Sienna. We’ve had it for approximately 4 months and have put almost 5,000 trouble-free miles on it, including several long road trips. The Vehicle Quiet, roomy, comfortable, attractive, safe, and reliable. Very agile steering -- this huge vehicle is very nimble in parking lots and tight corners. I think the base XLE is a very good value, especially with an after-market DVD player. In my opinion the premium package and limited versions are too expensive, and the AWD version seems to have some disadvantages. The Competition There are lots of great minivans on the market but the Sienna was an easy choice for us. We’ve always found Hondas to be uncomfortable, and I’ve never been impressed by the Odyssey’s consumer reviews. The Kia is nice, but we thought the Sienna was much more attractive and we were surprised how little difference there is in the price. The Quest’s styling is polarizing and controversial (once again) and the limited cargo situation was an issue for us despite its beautiful interior. Finally, I just don’t trust Chrysler/Dodge quality (whether that’s fair or not). Final words I think the “cheap interior” controversy is a little over-hyped. The 2011 XLE cabin is much more attractive than the 2010 Sienna or the 2011 Sedona. Additionally, since there is absolutely no center column, this interior just feels much more spacious then most other vehicles. Being a practical, price-conscious consumer, I would have loved to have saved money by buying a used Sienna, but the used Siennas are so bizarrely expensive it’s just not worth it. Bottom Line: Highly recommended. We are very happy with our 2011 Toyota Sienna XLE.

Jerry,s 2011 Sienna LE
By bigdaddy64 on 05/17/11 09:43 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We had a 2006 Honda EXL prior to this. Before that we had 3 Chrysler vans. This is by far the best minivan we have owned! Honda steering and brakes do not measure up to this Toyota.

Better than expected
By brifromwi on 05/11/11 19:51 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After much debate, we sold our 2005 Sienna XLE and found a great deal on a 2011 Sienna Limited ($2200 under invoice!). The ride is superior to our 2005; I would describe it as more "plush". The interior cabin noise is much improved over the '05 as well. Overall, in our mind, the Sienna beats the honda and the nissan hands down. The ability to move the second row so far back was what sold us on the Sienna. Overall, we are really happy with the purchase.

Very Disappointed
By corbinj123 on 03/11/11 15:43 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the Sienna XLE a few weeks ago. We spent good money on a high end vehicle expecting great quality, unfortunately we've been very disappointed. All the back seats are squeaking and rattling. It started with the 3rd row seat, then the pilot chair seats. We brought it into the dealership to have it looked and they said Toyota was aware of the issues on some of the Siennas and that there was no fix. They said they are working a redesign! Why did they let this go out the door. Furthermore, when we asked the dealership to help us out and resolve the issue, they said it's not their problem (there exact words). I will never buy a Toyota again!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Sienna in VA is:

$111 per month*