Used 2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Disappointed with new 2011 Sienna
By Disappointed

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was a loyal Sienna LE owner since 2006 driving about 35,000 km a year. Previous model was well finished, good handling, and reliable van. That perception changed when I looked for replacement of the van with a new 2011 model after car accident. Obviously my first choice was same make and model. I visited local Toyota dealership and looked at all models of Sienna. I was surprised to find out that interior finish (even the top of the line models)looks so cheap with low quality hard plastics resembling domestic products. I was so turned off by the interior, that I even didn't care to take the van for a test drive. Will look now at new Honda or Nissan vans.

Exterior look, powerful engine, handling

Interior may be barely acceptable on base model, but not more upscale model. Cheap, hard plastics are a turn off for $40,000 vehicle.

Bad Purchase
By ANW

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I spend more than $35K and got a car with no auto head lights, no turning signal on side mirrors. What kind of car is this? Even a low-end Camry comes with auto head lights now. The wood panel is so cheap looking. Anyway, my wife wants it and that is what she get - a lousy van.

I have not found any.

Please use some quality materials. The arm rest is so cheap that I almost break it several time. The interior is so cheap even on a XLE model with nav package. Of course, I compare the XLE and Limited and I do not see any differences.

Excellent 2011 Sienna
By steve

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased Sienna from Fremont Toyota with $1000 lower than the invoice price through corresponding e-mails. The newly designed 2011 Sienna has enough room fitting a 6 Ft body comfortably. I had my head banging on the door frame in 2010 Sienna. 2011 Sienna has lots of power with very fast and smooth acceleration. It drives solid with sharp turns. Bluetooth in the car functions very well. People can’t tell I’m using the speaker phone while driving on freeway. 2011 Sienna is very quiet on freeway. The two- step rear separate seats up-down is very lovely. Satellite radio is excellent, clear with high fidelity. All the designs are going through thoughtful process. I can even compare 2011 Sienna

6-speed transmission, 266 hp, alloy wheels, satellite radio, Bluetooth, power sliding doors, AWD, backup camera, captain seats, sun screens

none

Some good, some bad
By random1

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We use the minivan largely for road trips with the family, dog, and gear. The good - very nice looking, quiet and comfortable. Build quality/reliability should be excellent, everything fine so far. Powerful engine, cavernous interior, very nice steering wheel! The bad - the cheap dash plastic and faux-wood trim are horrible. Climate controls are awkward, dash layout is pretty poor, radio controls hard to reach from driver seat. The front cup holders are huge-good luck using them for cups that normal size. Amazing that all these simple things are so poorly executed. The van handles like a boat-it's soft and floaty even for a minivan, Honda and Chrysler both drive better.

As above - quiet, powerful, and comfortable. It seems/feels bigger inside than the competitors, even though they're all roughly the same size. I believe that's a function of window size, shortened hood/forward seating position. Easy to drive for a minivan.

Dash layout and materials mostly. All the Siennas should have the SE's sport suspension. I don't know anyone who wants to drive a barcalounger. I don't know how anybody can rate any minivan as fun to drive, esp. the Sienna. The mast antenna is a bit of an eyesore on an otherwise good-looking van.

Wow. What a difference.
By SoCal Marine Family

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our Sienna as a replacement for our 2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L. Our Honda was a great van, and with a large family (5 kids) it was time to find another mini-van. We looked at the upcoming 2011 Honda Odyssey and felt it was a "step backward" in it's design, not very appealing. We liked the way the 2011 Sienna looked and once we test drove it, we knew this was it. At that point it was just a matter of which trim level to buy. Since my wife would only compromise on one color (Blizzard Pearl White), we had to buy the Limited FWD. What Mommy wants, Mommy gets. And I have to keep Mommy happy. If you do the research, you can save A LOT of cash on a purchase. Do your homework!

Navigation, BlueTooth, DVD RES. Smooth quiet ride, and EASY steering. Great acceleration and nice brakes. The cabin is VERY spacious (5 kids and a dog = no problem). The Blizzard Pearl paint is VERY nice and we get A LOT of compliments. Also liked the 2 years FREE maintenance.

We have only had the van a couple of weeks and can't really think of anything major, however, maybe Toyota could have used a little less plastic within the interior.