2011 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
The best of what's available today
By Coty on 04/28/10 10:31 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have 5 kids and this is our 3rd minivan. This is not the "Perfect" minivan in the world, but it is gosh darn close. It seems like the accountants stepped in at the last minute and prevented Toyota's engineers from making this a benchmark vehicle. The ride is very compliant and it handles the typical curvy mountain roads just fine without feeling to floaty or tipsy like many other minivans. My biggest complaint is that the steering feel is way too light and provides almost zero feedback in the Limited with AWD trim. I don't expect a BMW driving experience from a minivan, but I expect the steering to have more feel than a 1980's Lincoln Town Car. The acceleration and braking are great.

excellent mini
By kennyg1221 on 04/26/10 10:25 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After purchasing a honda odyssey ex 2007 back in 2007 i loved the mini. Had a minor problem with the power steering making noises @ 10000 miles got it fixed. other than that no problems. Went to the sienna because of the options that came with the vehicle. Plus checked autobeef.com seen that the odyssey had tranny problems where as the sienna didnt have as much not knocking honda, but my sienna i love it. If i had to do it over again i would probably get the odyssey because of the looks of the exterior back in 07, vs the sienna looks, but would have brought the sienna for its reliabilty in 07,08,09,2010,11. so to sum it up go get a 2011 sienna like i did u will love it.

JUST LOVE THIS VAN
By Mike on 04/25/10 16:23 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great Van love the way it looks and rides. This is my fourth Toyota and I will keep on buying Toyota. I got a great trade in price for the 07 corolla from Toyota. Toyota did a fine job with the 2011

Twins Made Me Do It!?
By Northeaster on 04/23/10 10:23 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I had to get a van because of the unexpected Blessing of Twins and having a 2y/o, 3 car seats in a cross over would not do. We tested the Honda and Toyota and we did not like the Honda because of the road noise, uncomfortable seats, tight fit to 3rd row, all around Dark interior space. The Sienna Was like a blotted version of my wife's Audi Avant, so much more light and airy with Duel Moon roofs, more room between seats, better parking assist and backup camera and it was comfortable smooth and quite. It looks fast just sitting there and it was the only van with AWD. My son now does not want to leave the van and treats it like a second living room with a changing view.

Should have bought the Odyssey
By Martin M. on 04/21/10 11:11 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I were very excited to be the first on our block to own the new Sienna Limited. But since driving it home, we've experienced a lot of problems for a brand new car. The navi screen has blacked out on warm days and the Toyota dealer can't seem to fix the issue. We found the road noise on the highway is really bad. Fuel economy is about 10 MPG around town and maybe 16 at best on the highway, both my wife and I are irate about this. The dealer says it's "Breaking in" (at 4000 miles). I came out to the car last night and it wouldn't start. Toyota Customer Service thinks it could be a security fault and now I'm back at the dealer. I'm just glad I was at home and not stranded at night!

Just purchased
By siennadaddy on 04/18/10 21:32 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased 2011 Sienna XLE FWD with Nav pkg. Silver Sky Metallic. Since the car has only 100 miles on it, can't tell how's the mileage. Drives and feels like Lexus. Very quiet cabin and minimal wind noise. Turning radius is great. When compared to 2009 Odyssey EX-L with nav and RES (my brother has one), feels much luxurious, quieter, better leather material.

Not what I signed up for
By Troy on 04/17/10 09:56 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After having this for less than a month it has been in the shop for NUMEROUS issues including transmission, power windows that would not go up and a stereo that has a mind of its own. This is not my first Toyota product, but this sure will be the last. The dealer was less than helpful and my salesman was nonexistent for help dealing with service. I will be buying an Odyssey in 2 years unless this vehicle gives out before. Getting ready to trade our ES350 for an Accord Crosstour. What happened to you Toyota?

Plastic Everywhere!
By Derek on 04/15/10 20:01 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Drove the Sienna, very smooth ride overall. Exterior design is nice and looks good. The interior plastics are horrendous. Very poor quality looking and very cheap to the touch. Surprised that Toyota would do this to this vehicle. Not a fan of the fact that the upscale LE model is missing so many important features and that Toyota forces people to upgrade even higher to the XLE or limited model to gain many common features.

Great Family Car!
By OCTG787 on 04/09/10 18:57 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Always wanted a minivan for yrs, w/its unmatched sliding doors, spacious 3rd row seating, cargo room. Traded in wife's sedan, and she's now a believer and agreed that should have bought the van yrs before. Even the toddlers love the van and want to play in it. The Limited FWD looks sharp (grill is just like Venza/Avalon),has great suspension and ride is very comfortable (between Lexux ES350 and Highlander) w/low wind noise. Brake feels solid. Making U-turn w/o problem, and can back up easily w/the back up camera and parking sensor. It has pretty much all the gadgets the ES350 has and more. All 4 windows go up/down with one touch button. Love the sunshade on 2nd row (to protect the kids).

Quality Check
By bruinville on 04/06/10 15:10 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought my 2011 Toyota Sienna LE from Irvine Power Toyota. When trying to store the 8th passenger seat in the designed trunk area, the car was missing the parts (hooks and belt) to store the seat correctly. As I looked around the dealership, this looked to be common in other Siennas (XLE and Limited included). While this issue is not life threatening (I took the car back and the parts are on back order leading me to believe this is a common problem), I question the quality control process. Given all the negative publicity of the company, one would think Toyota would have stronger checkpoints in place to eliminate problems. Anyone else experience the same issue?

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Sienna in VA is:

$111 per month*