2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Uber Impressive
By D and D on 06/05/10 07:59 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our 3rd minivan and our last. The Sienna is the most impressive van I have ever had the pleasure of owning. I researched vehicles for approximately 5 months. Many test drives. Many consumer reviews. Many talks with owners of vehicles considered. The Sienna was the best value for the features we have. The vehicle moves nearly silently down the road at highway speed. Extremely smooth ride and very agile handling. The vehicle is firmly planted to the road and is very easy to drive and control. I found the vehicle to have a higher stance and better visibility than the other vans. I am very tall, and the Sienna offers the best driving room for my stature. Arguably the best on the market.

Vantastic
By Bubs on 06/04/10 08:19 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This van is just great. Acceleration is very surprising for a minivan. Handling is great too. The ride is like a jetliner, very smooth. My kids love it too and want to always ride in it. The satellite radio is fun with lots of choices. Best thing has to be the hands-free Bluetooth connected to my phone. It automatically connects when I get in the car and will lower the radio and ring over the speakers when there is an inbound call. That, combined with the steering wheel controls could make it the best safety feature out there. We DID NOT get the RES or NAV. You don't need it. Kids are happy just watching out the window and talking to you or listening to the radio. Rear-backup camera: awesome

GPS Problems
By Patricia M Johnson on 05/24/10 18:58 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After a month of unsuccessfully trying to use the gps to find motels, gas stations and other points of interest, we ask Toyota why the touch screen buttons become dimmed and inoperable when we are driving. Toyota just informed us today, that it is a safety feature, which cannot be turned off. You must stop the vehicle, put it into park to access the points of interest information. The owners manual, and the gps manual do not discuss this major oversight in design. We would never have purchased the xle with gps had we known the gps would not work when you are moving.

Take it or Leave it.
By mcifan on 05/24/10 12:42 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had the vehicle 5 weeks and logged almost 1,000 miles. Very quiet cabin and tons of get-up-and-go. Fuel economy so far is about 17 mpg, after about 95% in city driving. Seating flexibility is great in general. Hard plastics feel a little cheap (especially for $32,000) but overall fit-and-finish very good. Generally very pleased with our first-ever Toyota. A few surprising features missing or poorly executed however: A mast antenna? Really? Go with a roof- top shark fin, even base Hyundai's have them. Turn signals should incorporate a "3-blink lane change" feature. 8-way power driver seat but no power for the front passenger? Move the headlight switch to the dash please & add auto on/off.

Not a minivan person
By NB on 05/22/10 13:33 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I did not want a minivan. I had a 12 year old Tacoma on big tires and I LOVED it. With the upcoming hope of a 2nd child, my husband convinced me to get a minivan. I am a convert - this van is awesome and the convenience factors outweigh any cares I have of what anyone thinks about me because I drive a minivan! This Sienna is a dream to own, a dream to drive, a dream just to go shopping in because all the auto doors are so convenient. It's roomy and comfortable inside, sometimes I ride in the 2nd row seats just because they're so comfy. We've already taken a 4 day road trip with the toddler and dog and it was a great way to travel! The front row passenger seat lays almost flat to sleep in.

Great Van
By Alex on 05/21/10 12:50 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So far I only put 350 miles so can't comment on long term durability. But I drove '06 Odyssey Touring a few times so I'll use Odyssey as benchmark. I like the Sienna ride better (I came from BMW 5 series with sport package. To me, the Sienna is ideal for a family hauler), quieter than Odyssey, ride is not as firm/bouncy, handling is about the same. The transmission shifts smooth. Interior looks modern but lack the quality I expected. I feel the Odyssey interior trim/buttons are well made, Sienna feels cheap, especially compare to BMW and Acura (maybe not a fair comparison but the van cost 30k+). Mileage is good, I got 28 mpg (from MID) for almost all highway driving.

Very smooth and comfortable ride
By garapata on 05/19/10 14:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We got this van because i am fed up with my Honda CR-V because it is too small, bumpy, worst seat and has horrible road noise. I get stressed out every time i drive within the first 30 minutes. My family went on a long drive to Vegas just last week and it took us 5 hours to get there but it only seemed like 2 hours for me. The van is very roomy and the seat is very ergonomically designed, very comfortable. I like the bluetooth capability, connected the iphone to receive and make calls, and even play your music files wirelessly. I think fuel economy is not bad considering a V6 engine and at constant 85 mph speed. Overall, it is a wise decision to choose the Sienna over the Odyssey.

Leather seats are horrible
By will on 05/16/10 12:27 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased toyota sienna 2011 exl with 8 seats with nav. The quality of seats are very poor, not comfortable at all. Because of this, we regret to purchase this car. We wish to purchase LE instead. When we were in the local dealership, this type of car was not available for test-driving. We did not have a chance to experience the seats. We test-drive a Sienna LE instead. We like how it rides. But my wife wanted to have an Sienna XLE with nav. The dealer had to get this car from somewhere else. & days later, we had this car and made a short trip. Gosh, it hurts my buttock and legs, it also hurt my wife's legs. Now, we simply hate the seats. We do not know what to do with the car.

A Decent Minivan
By Will on 05/13/10 19:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have 3 kids (12, 10, 9) and turned in an Audi Q7 for the Sienna and the kids could not be happier. SUV's look cool but this car is designed to move people and cargo in comfort with space and amenities. The second row recliners are a treat and storage behind the 3rd row is great in comparison to any SUV beside a Suburban class vehicle. Thus far we are very happy with the minivan except for a few annoying features the XLE seems to be missing.

One of the blunders I made
By BG on 05/10/10 13:02 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As if the buying experience was less haunting, the new sienna that I bought makes be regret every minute I drive it. One of the blunders I made when I didn't test drive other minivans before buying the Sienna just because it had AWD. I wish I listened to my friends who bought the Odyssey. The engine is so noisy, especially during acceleration, sometimes during turning quickly, the steering wheel seems non- responsive and of course it is a little too big to make driving fun. The acceleration is not always the same sometimes it is good while sometimes, it doesn't shift to the next gear. The dash looks like cheap plastic. I have been in the driver's seat only and I do not like it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan in VA is:

$111 per month*