2011 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
My Best Vehicle Purchase Ever
By ttw on 07/02/10 13:02 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Needed a vehicle that could comfortably carry several adult guests, would also provide good storage for items I need to use in work travel (sometimes including 8 ft. folding tables), and AWD since I live on a steep hill in the country with a good amount of snow and ice. This vehicle is filling the bill in every respect. AWD is not continuous, only when need is sensed, but it does the job. Very comfortable for long trips. Previous cars were Ford LTD/Mercury Grand Marquis/Lincoln Town Car. (I'm no kid.) Ride and comfort are comparable to those, with better handling. Several people who have ridden in it have made favorable comparisons to Lexus, other luxury cars.

A Lot of Car. AWD Rides Hard.
By Missy P on 06/30/10 08:51 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased June, 2010--driven ~ 700 miles. Upsized from RAV4, which I loved but outgrew. The 2011 feels like this is A LOT of car to drive. We owned a "99 Sienna and it's a completely different car -- much heavier. Not sure if due to AWD/run flats, but please test drive AWD/ compare to FWD + Odyssey. I am/was loyal Toyota customer, loved my 99 Sienna and wanted AWD--did not test drive AWD only FWD, and am now regretting. Not smart. Ride feels hard, bumpy,noisy -- especially over roads with bumps (many). Is this the AWD? All 2011? Not sure--and too late for me--but tune into this when you test drive. Also front VERY low to ground--be careful! Only getting 16 MPG city-if that-not good.

Nice but beware
By cicero on 06/27/10 07:49 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Generally nice but would not get DVD or NAV again. NAV system is terrible, hard to use with weak interface and weird quirks, and chooses bad routes (e.g.: business 1 not express 1). NAV and many features can't be adjusted while driving, even by passenger. Wireless headsets don't work well in 3rd row, without headsets answering phone turns off DVD. DVD does not just start movie, you have to pull off the road to change movies. Radio has poor interface in many regards, no way to scan from steering wheel for instance. iPod interface can play audio but not video, so forget downloaded movies.In short, love the car but the electronics get 2 out of 10

X-Dodge Owner Not Looking Back
By New2Toyota on 06/27/10 05:46 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Previously owned 3 Grand Caravans. The first thing we noticed about the Sienna was the smooth and quiet ride, wow! The fit and finish are beautiful/sporty with a bit of "Swagger"! The gas mileage is good for a vehicle of this size and power. U-turns in tight spaces are no longer a problem. This van has the best turning radius of any we've owned! Another nice touch is the rear window's wiper blade. It is placed at the top of window, hidden under the rear "spoiler". Since two of our three children are now in their teens it is very nice that the cabin is so roomy. The whole family is pleased with this van.

Yup. It's a minivan
By kevin on 06/26/10 22:56 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Not really into minivans. We were looking at a Venza, but with 3 boys in hockey, we quickly decided we need the room. Plus the Sienna was about $2000 less than the Venza. Had it now for close to a month. Have had a problem with the stereo, and the transmission seems to hold gears a little long. The steering is also uninspiring. I'm a little disappointed that there is no LED interior lighting and what is with the mast antenna? yea l stole that part from another review, but l feel the same way. After seeing what the 2011 Odyssey is going to look like, I'm glad l bought this one

Base 4 cylinder
By basesienna on 06/25/10 09:28 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Just returned from our trip to the mts. Of North Carolina. One day we drove from Franklin to highlands on the gorge rd which is rt. 64, a very steep, twisty, narrow road. We road the 12 miles up and back down from about 2000 ft. Elevation to over 4500 ft. We had absolutely no problem what so ever with the 4 cylinder engine. It performed better than my 3.3 liter Dodge and having the 6 speed transmission made it a breeze. The highest rpm were about 2500. I can't explain what a joy it was to drive this van on that very steep road. I have driven it for the past 10 years with Chrysler products and the Toyota out performed them head over heals. If you are thinking about the 4 cylinder.

The best minivan available
By honest_abe on 06/21/10 08:22 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

XLE trim, 8 passenger version, with XLE premium package. The van is excellent quality and American made. The ride is quiet and smooth, making it an absolute pleasure to drive.

Sienna 2011 has brake problems!
By ncadriver on 06/16/10 00:50 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been a loyal Toyota customer since I'd first started driving. Therefore, I have bought many Toyota vehicles for personal use and work. I'd just gotten a new Sienna. We have not driven more than 3000 miles before we realized that the car shakes while we went down the hill and try to apply the brake. I took it to the dealer and was told that the brake rotor has overheated because this car is heavier, and IT IS NOT A GUARANTEE ITEM. I was so disappointed because this is a brand new car, and I was told that there is nothing they could do because it's Wear and Tear. Wear & Tear with 3000 miles? I understand if I had driven many miles and car had heavy loads, but not in this case.

New 2011 Sienna SE
By PghRegi on 06/09/10 09:59 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just brought home the new 2011 Sienna SE days ago. Loving it so far! I traded in a 1999 Grand Caravan (loved that one also!). The Sienna ride is stiffer than my G. Caravan, but probably a good thing as I feel more in control of the vehicle, especially when cornering. I am disappointed that the rear quarter windows are not powered on the SE. I believe they are on the XLE and Limited. Also, there doesn't seem to be a compass feature on the trip computer display, had one on the old G. Caravan and miss it now. We wanted the "sportier" look of the SE though--it has to be the best looking van on the road today! So far, after 4 days, we are happy with our purchase.

Thrilled
By KYMom on 06/09/10 07:01 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 4th minivan. Second Toyota and by far the best. Only thing I miss is the storage compartments in the door handles. If that's all I can complain about life is good. My children are thrilled with the larger screen and I love the Navigation System. Very pleased with the new leather interior as well. A quality looking automobile.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Sienna in VA is:

$111 per month*