Used 2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Highly Recommended
By texsteeler

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We love our Sienna. We’ve had it for approximately 4 months and have put almost 5,000 trouble-free miles on it, including several long road trips. The Vehicle Quiet, roomy, comfortable, attractive, safe, and reliable. Very agile steering -- this huge vehicle is very nimble in parking lots and tight corners. I think the base XLE is a very good value, especially with an after-market DVD player. In my opinion the premium package and limited versions are too expensive, and the AWD version seems to have some disadvantages. The Competition There are lots of great minivans on the market but the Sienna was an easy choice for us. We’ve always found Hondas to be uncomfortable, and I’ve never been impressed by the Odyssey’s consumer reviews. The Kia is nice, but we thought the Sienna was much more attractive and we were surprised how little difference there is in the price. The Quest’s styling is polarizing and controversial (once again) and the limited cargo situation was an issue for us despite its beautiful interior. Finally, I just don’t trust Chrysler/Dodge quality (whether that’s fair or not). Final words I think the “cheap interior” controversy is a little over-hyped. The 2011 XLE cabin is much more attractive than the 2010 Sienna or the 2011 Sedona. Additionally, since there is absolutely no center column, this interior just feels much more spacious then most other vehicles. Being a practical, price-conscious consumer, I would have loved to have saved money by buying a used Sienna, but the used Siennas are so bizarrely expensive it’s just not worth it. Bottom Line: Highly recommended. We are very happy with our 2011 Toyota Sienna XLE.

Favorite Features

Nimble maneuvering, spacious interior, satellite radio (how did we live without it). Bisque interior looks great.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger moonroof. Power doors seem prone to occassional glitches. Wish the front passenger seat was a power seat. It's too easy for the kids to leave one of the reading lights on in the back--those should be extinguished when the car is locked.

Sienna beats Odyssey
By bb

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded my 07 Odyssey EXL with RES for this beauty. Honda had horrible road noise bumpy ride torque converter in transmission replaced along with power steering pump all in less than 40,000 miles. Not to mention very squeaky side doors. Thought I was driving a Chrysler product. Toyota is so smooth soft ride and more comfortable 8th seat.

Favorite Features

split dvd screen great stereo power rear hatch ride ride ride

Suggested Improvements

make headlights fully auto like in past models

Empty Nesters' Favorite
By Gr8WhiteNortherner

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

IMHO this is the nicest-looking 2011 minivan. The front end is much more attractive than gen-2 and rear-end design (especially the taillights) is an outstanding improvement. Meanwhile successive Odyssey redesigns have become quirkier/weirder. (Did a bolt of lightning strike the rear section, causing it to sag?) Our third minivan - It is much quieter, roomier and has far more driver legroom and seat comfort than '02 Odyssey EX-L. Center console intrudes far less than '07 Entourage GLS-L. Gas mileage is significantly better than either. It handles well, very stable in cross-winds and has ample power. AND... Our ownership experience has proven Toyota to have the highest reliability .

Favorite Features

Silky-smooth flawless transmission shifting and quiet ride. Luxury-car feel. Open, airy cabin. Pleasing and functional dash layout. Bluetooth wireless audio streaming from iPhone. Generous driver legroom. Ease of entry (large seat to roof opening distance). Great gas mileage (for a mini-van).

Suggested Improvements

Several relatively minor niggles: Why an old-fashioned antenna? - Satellite radio fade is similar to my '10 Prius with mini antenna. Auto-on HID headlights should be included on XLE. Relatively cheap-looking, un-padded plastic dash (Do North Americans really want fake wood? - None that I know!)

Better Than Expected
By bigcapusta

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I loved my 2001 Chrysler T&C for comfort and enjoyment of driving. Unfortunately, after 100k miles, the transmission started faltering. I test drove the Toyota, Honda and Chrysler and the Sienna seemed like the right choice. I have been pleasantly surprised that it is a lot more comfortable and handles well on both the highway and in urban areas than I expected and have no complaints there. The gear shift lever is rather jerky in movement. Be careful on basic features. Some things that aren't listed as available options at the Toyota site for the model (ie floor mats, undercoating, towing)do not come with the car. You may have to add up to $1000 to the MSRP. It's not my T&C.

Favorite Features

Backup camera.

Suggested Improvements

Smooth the movement of the gear shift lever, simplify and more clearly identify panel lights, buttons, levers, etc.

Toyota GPS - Do not purchase
By paulb9

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The installed Toyota GPS, while fun to use with it's large touch screen is DVD based, and the disk provided with my NEW Sienna was two years out of date... does not even have my street included (5 years old). AND... Toyota wants a ridiculous $250 for an updated disk! You can purchase a much better GPS, more features, and lifetime map updates for a little more than half that. Just stick it to the face of the Toyota display... Come on Toyota - get reasonable. A NEW car should at least have a current verions disk... and be provided with updates during warranty.

Favorite Features

We like our Toyotas (have several). Do NOT like the GPS.. limited functionality, very expensive, out of date, and update disks are VERY expensive.

Suggested Improvements

Provide resonably priced GPS updates.. or free for new cars and under warranty.