2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
72,000kms in uncomfortable driver seat
By tip4u on 12/26/12 08:30 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have asked to replace seat with a better one but toyota didn't t have that option.I offered to buy the seat at my expense. Windshield is cheap .middle row is a bad design I am 6ft1" and have trouble lifting the seat out.then the rails are exposed .I would go back to north americian van for comfort. Tires are cheap . Van looks good performance is good . Cargo space and fuel economy are both good. Cabin filter ? Who needs that expense? Chevy bring back a 8 seater with your comfort.

Great Van For Real Men
By tdsd2 on 01/28/12 13:35 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Sienna SE. It looks good, fun to drive, fast, comfortable. I've owned a lot of cars in my 69 years and this is one of the best. I see a lot of people don't like the interior dash material. I like it very much. I think it has a rich feel to it. Not a fan of the design of the dash. It looks to feminan for me. I went from a full size Chevy conversion van to this and I seem to have just as much room. Since the seats fold, I think I can get more stuff in this than my Chevy. Won't go into details but had problems with the Chevy was reason for changing. Never been a fan of the Toyota logo so I changed all the emblems to Lexus. Some may not approve of this but I get a lot of looks.

Love the Sienna!
By dburnrph on 09/10/11 17:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded in our 2007 Saturn Outlook XE for the new Sienna SE. We are very happy. Love the look and drive of the sporty SE. Great gas mileage, huge amount of room.

Sienna SE is pretty good, but could be better
By stratpack on 02/12/11 14:14 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

we choose the Sienna based on build quality (I work for a Toyota supplier). The reliability seems to be there, but Toyota went cheap on a couple of things. The interior plastics belong on a lowly Kia, they are hard to the touch and I'm guessing will be prone to sqeaking in due time. The sliding doors stick frequently. The van is fun to drive, for a van, the steering is precise and the handling on the SE is probably the most fun of all minivans. The looks are pretty aggressive and hats off to Toyota for putting 19" rims on it, giving the van a sporty stance. Swagger wagon marketing is valid on the SE.

Finally Decided on a Van
By shawnandt on 01/24/11 06:57 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Time to replace 6 year old Minivan for our family of 5. Don't care what other people perceive as 'Cool or Not' so without question we were getting another M'van. Comfort, convenience, Space and Efficiency all trump any stigma from others. Waited until the new Sienna, Odyssey and the Quest came out to decide and needing an 8 pax for that occasion when one of our kids brings three friends along, the Quest was out. Hours of websearch and extended Drives of each, we decided on the Sienna SE. We loved our Odyssey, but can't get past the new exterior so we got the Sienna. It looks/drives Sporty and loaded with options, Bluetooth, backup camera, moonroof etc; we're very, very satisfied.

I love minvans
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the SE due to it's awesome looks. Chose the color White. We live in snow county so I was concerned about the 19" low profile performance tires for traction in the snow. Much to my delight this is a tank in the snow even with these very sharp hi-tech tires. What a relief. Same traction as my 08 Odyssey which was quite good. Also had 4 Suburban vehicles prior and traction for the minivan is comparable. Minivans are quite, more room than Suburbans, handle much better, much easier in and out, much better gas mileage. Most guys I know love them but the wives still feel they don't want them yet. I hope this will change. Minivans are the greatest. What a way to Tour. SE is a WOW !!!

Swagger Wagon Rocks!
By GatorKeithB on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We avoided the 'minivan' like none other. But after going to the auto show we narrowed it down to either the Buick Enclave or the Sienna SE. This was as we wanted a car with three rows so as to be able to get back to the kids as well as take the grandparents. We test drove the Sienna SE 'Swagger Wagon' the day after the show, and ending up buying the day after. This is the first minivan that actually turned my head due to styling, and you just can't beat Toyo reliability vs unknown GM reliability (imo). So far, only having it for a week, we are really enjoying it. I love the styling in and out, rides great on the 19" low profile tires, and has tight steering and feel.

Replaces first generation 98 Sienna XLE
By Leigh on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have 4 kids. Started out thinking I would go with a Large SUV. Happened to see the new Sienna, looked at it and my 14 yo saying she had more room in the back seat..we started minivan shopping! I have a 98 Sienna XLE (kept it, couldn't give it up after 210,000 miles), so I knew the reliability was excellent. Bought 1 mo ago, We love it! Nice driving experience. love almost everything about it. Waited til the Honda Odyssey came out to buy, but Sienna won out (personally thought the Odyssey was ugly as in the back looks like a droopy backside!) and Honda not willing to come off MSRP the first months of release.

Best Minivan in the human history so far
By Young on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We just bought an SE 2 weeks ago. Drives better than my 2002 Odyssey. Acceleration is good. The appearance is just stunning. I got a pre-dawn Gray. It perfectly matches the black interior. I can't take my eyes of it. Sorry wife . My wife and I and our 4 kids all love it very much.

sweet!
By james jet on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This the best mini-van out there period. This thing gets a lot of looks, it drives and handles like a car. It blows all others away! Just drive on you will see. Make sure you drive an se model.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan in VA is:

$112 per month*