2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Good Mileage, Adequate Transport
By greenvan2011 on 02/11/13 19:11 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought Sienna new in 2010, now have 48K on it. Mileage is great - 20 mixed and 25+ hwy. Engine has lots of zip to pass. Interior plastics and trims feel a little cheap. Leather only OK. Price to buy was descent compared to crossovers. Towing capacity is a lie - there is a 45 MPH speed limit, special hitch, and electric brakes required. Had a problem that was quasi-warranty and Toyota dealer and corporate was absolutely positively without a doubt useless. Even though we like the van in general have put Toyota on our do not buy list.

2011 Sienna XLE
By siennabragg on 12/17/12 10:50 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Driving XLE for almost 2 years. Put on around 31K miles. Still on first set of tires, but looks like will need new ones within 10K. Bought brand new in January 2011 in Newnan, GA. Pros: 3.5L engine, V6. Definately a way to go for these cars. Cons-a little slow response to the acceleration. A little bit cheap plastic interior, though easy to clean and no reflection from direct sun. Free 2-year dealer service is good, but nothing tremendous. Usually includes 2 oil changes, 3-5 tire rotations and cabin filter replacement. Has a lot of trouble with sunroof. Rubber pieces are coming off the rails constantly, though dealership replaces them under warranty. Gas economy averages 20mpg. HWY 25mpg.

Toyota GPS - Do not purchase
By paulb9 on 04/19/12 12:52 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The installed Toyota GPS, while fun to use with it's large touch screen is DVD based, and the disk provided with my NEW Sienna was two years out of date... does not even have my street included (5 years old). AND... Toyota wants a ridiculous $250 for an updated disk! You can purchase a much better GPS, more features, and lifetime map updates for a little more than half that. Just stick it to the face of the Toyota display... Come on Toyota - get reasonable. A NEW car should at least have a current verions disk... and be provided with updates during warranty.

Don't Buy the Navigation System
By ghung on 09/28/11 16:56 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased my 2011 XLE Sienna two weeks ago and found out that not all addresses are in the navigation system, even those that have been in existence for quite some time. When I had the dealership check it, they said they cannot do anything because the disk that uploads the direction is contracted out to a third party vendor. When asked if the problem can be resolved, they said they cannot guarantee that the issue would be fixed. I was then directed to the corporate customer relations department. The representative said the same thing and was not very helpful. To make a long story short, I would think twice about buying this since Toyota doesn't appear to have this problem resolve.

Sienna Cruise Control Problem
By texastuit on 09/27/11 19:07 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had our Sienna for almost a year now and thoroughly enjoy driving it. The pick up and turning radius are great. I have only two complaints.....Our LXE has everything but the DV D package and YET....No automatic headlights. The dash lights come on automatically but NOT the headlights....go figure. More annoyingly, when decending even a SLIGHT grade, the cruise control can not keep the set speed within 10-15 MPH. Took it in for check out and was told to read the owners manual...No other vehicle I own or have owned seems to have this problem. Granted, they may gain a few MPH, but will hold the speed much closer than this. Look out speeding ticket!

Cross Country Machine!
By daf62757 on 07/10/11 09:49 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my brand new 2011 Sienna XLE about a month ago. I was going to take a cross country trip (Indy to San Diego, LA, San Fransisco, Elko, Grand Junction, Denver, Salina to Indy. I wanted a large van but not a full size van. My wife loved the Toyota and after about a month of dealing with local Indy dealers on my 2006 Rav4 as a trade in, I finally bought one. The selection of available vans was better at some dealers than others. I bought from the dealer in Anderson, Indiana because they gave me the most for my trade in. After a month of ownership and about 6K miles, I can report back that this mini van is excellent. It got very good gas mileage, comfortable, and fun to drive.

It was the right way to go!
By hcruz1980 on 06/28/11 19:38 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought our 2011 Sienna last week and it drives like a dream! Steering is so smooth, turns and corners effortlessly. Has great pick up. Feels like your driving a living room on wheels. The first few days I felt like the car was almost too luxurious for me! Definitely spend the money or negotiate the price to get the XLE model. Ours has leather seats and navigation. I figure the dvd can be bought after market. Leather because our kids would have destroyed the fabric seats. It was between this and the Honda Odyssey. Test drove both and in the end it was a youtube video that helped us decide. Type in Toyota Sienna vs. Honda Odyssey and look for video from New York Training.

Highly Recommended
By texsteeler on 05/22/11 09:02 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We love our Sienna. We’ve had it for approximately 4 months and have put almost 5,000 trouble-free miles on it, including several long road trips. The Vehicle Quiet, roomy, comfortable, attractive, safe, and reliable. Very agile steering -- this huge vehicle is very nimble in parking lots and tight corners. I think the base XLE is a very good value, especially with an after-market DVD player. In my opinion the premium package and limited versions are too expensive, and the AWD version seems to have some disadvantages. The Competition There are lots of great minivans on the market but the Sienna was an easy choice for us. We’ve always found Hondas to be uncomfortable, and I’ve never been impressed by the Odyssey’s consumer reviews. The Kia is nice, but we thought the Sienna was much more attractive and we were surprised how little difference there is in the price. The Quest’s styling is polarizing and controversial (once again) and the limited cargo situation was an issue for us despite its beautiful interior. Finally, I just don’t trust Chrysler/Dodge quality (whether that’s fair or not). Final words I think the “cheap interior” controversy is a little over-hyped. The 2011 XLE cabin is much more attractive than the 2010 Sienna or the 2011 Sedona. Additionally, since there is absolutely no center column, this interior just feels much more spacious then most other vehicles. Being a practical, price-conscious consumer, I would have loved to have saved money by buying a used Sienna, but the used Siennas are so bizarrely expensive it’s just not worth it. Bottom Line: Highly recommended. We are very happy with our 2011 Toyota Sienna XLE.

Door broke and Toyota can't fit it
By dontbuyatoyo on 02/08/11 16:27 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The driver's side door on our new Sienna does not work. We have taken it to the dealer three times. The dealer and the national Toyota repair people do not know how to fix this. Toyota will not provide a loaner. When we called to request arbitration paperwork, we were told it would take 10-14 business days. I strongly believe this is an unethical business practice. We will continue to seek damages under state law and will never buy a Toyota again.

Disappointed
By bjapril45 on 01/19/11 14:29 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my Sienna XLE since April 2010 and have enjoyed it except for the rattling that developed shortly after I purchased it. The right rear passenger door panel is loose and the door and second row seats rattle when driving on all but the smoothest roads. The van has been in for repair of this issue six times at two dealerships, with no satisfactory resolution. As with all my four previously owned Toyota vehicles, I have had no mechanical problems with the Sienna. I have always had a great deal of confidence in Toyota products, but if this issue isn't resolved I probably will sell or trade the van. Not sure I would purchase another Toyota product.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan in VA is:

$118 per month*