Used 2011 Toyota Sienna SE 8-Passenger Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

72,000kms in uncomfortable driver seat
By tip4u

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have asked to replace seat with a better one but toyota didn't t have that option.I offered to buy the seat at my expense. Windshield is cheap .middle row is a bad design I am 6ft1" and have trouble lifting the seat out.then the rails are exposed .I would go back to north americian van for comfort. Tires are cheap . Van looks good performance is good . Cargo space and fuel economy are both good. Cabin filter ? Who needs that expense? Chevy bring back a 8 seater with your comfort.

Great Van For Real Men
By tdsd2

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Sienna SE. It looks good, fun to drive, fast, comfortable. I've owned a lot of cars in my 69 years and this is one of the best. I see a lot of people don't like the interior dash material. I like it very much. I think it has a rich feel to it. Not a fan of the design of the dash. It looks to feminan for me. I went from a full size Chevy conversion van to this and I seem to have just as much room. Since the seats fold, I think I can get more stuff in this than my Chevy. Won't go into details but had problems with the Chevy was reason for changing. Never been a fan of the Toyota logo so I changed all the emblems to Lexus. Some may not approve of this but I get a lot of looks.

Favorite Features

Performance. My wife complains that it is too fast. It has the same 0-60 time as my 1967 Dodge R/T 440, 375 HP Muscle car did. Great handling. I'm a sports car fan and this handles very well. Fold down rear seats are easy to use. Really like the way it looks. Love the wheels on the SE

Suggested Improvements

Make the dash a little more masculine, make the logo a little more masculine. No other suggestions.

Love the Sienna!
By dburnrph

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded in our 2007 Saturn Outlook XE for the new Sienna SE. We are very happy. Love the look and drive of the sporty SE. Great gas mileage, huge amount of room.

Favorite Features

Dual power doors, 19 inch wheels, long slide 2nd row seats, back up camera

Suggested Improvements

No power rear row windows on SE trim, limited left driver's leg room if tall, no power outlets in 2nd row on SE trim

Sienna SE is pretty good, but could be better
By stratpack

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

we choose the Sienna based on build quality (I work for a Toyota supplier). The reliability seems to be there, but Toyota went cheap on a couple of things. The interior plastics belong on a lowly Kia, they are hard to the touch and I'm guessing will be prone to sqeaking in due time. The sliding doors stick frequently. The van is fun to drive, for a van, the steering is precise and the handling on the SE is probably the most fun of all minivans. The looks are pretty aggressive and hats off to Toyota for putting 19" rims on it, giving the van a sporty stance. Swagger wagon marketing is valid on the SE.

Favorite Features

The steering is nicely weighted, with firm feel, unique for a Toyota. As mentioned the wheel/tire package with suspension upgrades on the SE may be a bit over the top for some, but for those who appreciate some semblance of handling and looks, they are appropriate. The clear LED taillights remind me of a Lexus RX. The headlights/driving lights are some of the brighest out there. The removable 8th seat (which stores in a small compartment in the rear) is extremely handy for hauling extra kids when needed.

Suggested Improvements

The dashboard plastic needs better material. They must be using the same hard grade of plastic as in the Yaris. C'mon this is a $35k vehicle! Engine noise while somewhat subdued, the engine note itself is course. Stepping on the throttle, the engine sounds strained. Honda definitely has Toyota beat on this. The engine feels smooth, but the sound doesn't match. I wish Toyota would offer the factory DVD system on the SE. We let the dealer install a non OEM unit and it has been replaced twice. The wireless antenna created interference and Toyota didn't have a suitable hard wire antenna replacement. Shouldn't have to wait on parts to fix new car issues.

Finally Decided on a Van
By shawnandt

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Time to replace 6 year old Minivan for our family of 5. Don't care what other people perceive as 'Cool or Not' so without question we were getting another M'van. Comfort, convenience, Space and Efficiency all trump any stigma from others. Waited until the new Sienna, Odyssey and the Quest came out to decide and needing an 8 pax for that occasion when one of our kids brings three friends along, the Quest was out. Hours of websearch and extended Drives of each, we decided on the Sienna SE. We loved our Odyssey, but can't get past the new exterior so we got the Sienna. It looks/drives Sporty and loaded with options, Bluetooth, backup camera, moonroof etc; we're very, very satisfied.

Favorite Features

Exterior Styling, Driving and Handling is incredible for a minivan. Interior HVAC and Audio Controls are fantastic. Bluetooth and Backup Camera!

Suggested Improvements

8th Seat could be bigger, Memory Seats and mirrors on SE, 110v outlet on all models.