Used 2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Small workhorse for gardening business
By vicki alba

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I do love this van. Used almost daily for hauling gardening equipment and lots of mulch in the spring. I live and work in the city so not practical to have large van or open pick up truck. Comfort is great, often 4 of us and equipment. Just enough room. The van cleans up pretty well even after all the dirt and mulch (we do have a tarp in the back which helps). Overall the van is great. My only complaint is the blind spots on the driver and passenger sides of the windshield.

Falling apart.
By Sanichara

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Mobility Auto Access 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our first ever brand new vehicle in 2010. A 2011 tayota Siena. Very nice family vehicle. But my van get used everyday for about less than 1hour. It sits all day. Fisrt we keep finding littles parts falling apart. Every so often you'll find a screw or parts sitting on the floor. Never knowing where it came from. Then the back seat, when we went to pull it up. The whole handle came out. Now the whole side of the front seat by the door where the control buttons are fell apart. Cannot put it together. Went to tayota to fix it. They said it will cost us to fix both. It was not handle roughly and damage by the kids. They are teenagers and they are hardly in the van. Maybe on weekend only. I think it was poorly built and there should be a recall on these and should be fixed by tayota. Very disappointed for our first new vehicle. Expect this from used cars.

Questioning Toyota's Reliability Reputation
By az29okg

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the van new and it now has about 106,300 km. This van is now about 4.5 years old and in the last 7 month, I've had the following problems; (1) air conditioner compress had to be replaced, (2) starter motor failed, (3) Driver power seat failed. Other than these problems, I really enjoyed driving this van.

Roominess, comfort (My family and I have no complaints and we go on four 22+ hour trips (sometime driving straight through the night). Roof rail works with Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack 450R. This allows me to attach long 84 inch Thule bars which permit me to carry two canoes or 4 mountain bikes. I also like the power - it can quickly accelerate from 100 km/hr to 140 km/hr to pass someone on the highway quickly.

I find that the passenger side windshield wiper fluid does not get sprayed up high enough onto the windshield at highway speeds (90+ km/hr) and makes it difficult to properly clean the windshield. I just tested a 2015 Toyota Sienna yesterday and observed the same issue.

Good Mileage, Adequate Transport
By greenvan2011

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought Sienna new in 2010, now have 48K on it. Mileage is great - 20 mixed and 25+ hwy. Engine has lots of zip to pass. Interior plastics and trims feel a little cheap. Leather only OK. Price to buy was descent compared to crossovers. Towing capacity is a lie - there is a 45 MPH speed limit, special hitch, and electric brakes required. Had a problem that was quasi-warranty and Toyota dealer and corporate was absolutely positively without a doubt useless. Even though we like the van in general have put Toyota on our do not buy list.

Rear folding seat - its a cavern back there, and you have just as much room if you don't fold it. Fuel economy. Electric tailgate is handy. Built in window shades are great. Backup camera neat feature when the lens is clean.

The center seat that slides on the tracks is a joke. It makes little extra space when you move it. The mats under it wrinkle and bunch up in the front. Heater is a pooch. We live in Minnesota and testify you will be cold for an hour if outside temperature is below zero. Controls are annoying. Can't adjust heat if door is open because door open display hogs the display. Can't use the fob to lock doors until all are closed and the van beeps at you until you hit unlock or all doors close. Auto reverse on electric hatch back unreliable and will damage itself if obstructed. No power passenger seat or heated rear seats without going to limited trim. Hard to clean rear window near spoiler.

72,000kms in uncomfortable driver seat
By tip4u

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have asked to replace seat with a better one but toyota didn't t have that option.I offered to buy the seat at my expense. Windshield is cheap .middle row is a bad design I am 6ft1" and have trouble lifting the seat out.then the rails are exposed .I would go back to north americian van for comfort. Tires are cheap . Van looks good performance is good . Cargo space and fuel economy are both good. Cabin filter ? Who needs that expense? Chevy bring back a 8 seater with your comfort.

• SUV