Used 2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Questioning Toyota's Reliability Reputation
By az29okg

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the van new and it now has about 106,300 km. This van is now about 4.5 years old and in the last 7 month, I've had the following problems; (1) air conditioner compress had to be replaced, (2) starter motor failed, (3) Driver power seat failed. Other than these problems, I really enjoyed driving this van.

Favorite Features

Roominess, comfort (My family and I have no complaints and we go on four 22+ hour trips (sometime driving straight through the night). Roof rail works with Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack 450R. This allows me to attach long 84 inch Thule bars which permit me to carry two canoes or 4 mountain bikes. I also like the power - it can quickly accelerate from 100 km/hr to 140 km/hr to pass someone on the highway quickly.

Suggested Improvements

I find that the passenger side windshield wiper fluid does not get sprayed up high enough onto the windshield at highway speeds (90+ km/hr) and makes it difficult to properly clean the windshield. I just tested a 2015 Toyota Sienna yesterday and observed the same issue.

Good Mileage, Adequate Transport
By greenvan2011

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought Sienna new in 2010, now have 48K on it. Mileage is great - 20 mixed and 25+ hwy. Engine has lots of zip to pass. Interior plastics and trims feel a little cheap. Leather only OK. Price to buy was descent compared to crossovers. Towing capacity is a lie - there is a 45 MPH speed limit, special hitch, and electric brakes required. Had a problem that was quasi-warranty and Toyota dealer and corporate was absolutely positively without a doubt useless. Even though we like the van in general have put Toyota on our do not buy list.

Favorite Features

Rear folding seat - its a cavern back there, and you have just as much room if you don't fold it. Fuel economy. Electric tailgate is handy. Built in window shades are great. Backup camera neat feature when the lens is clean.

Suggested Improvements

The center seat that slides on the tracks is a joke. It makes little extra space when you move it. The mats under it wrinkle and bunch up in the front. Heater is a pooch. We live in Minnesota and testify you will be cold for an hour if outside temperature is below zero. Controls are annoying. Can't adjust heat if door is open because door open display hogs the display. Can't use the fob to lock doors until all are closed and the van beeps at you until you hit unlock or all doors close. Auto reverse on electric hatch back unreliable and will damage itself if obstructed. No power passenger seat or heated rear seats without going to limited trim. Hard to clean rear window near spoiler.

72,000kms in uncomfortable driver seat
By tip4u

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have asked to replace seat with a better one but toyota didn't t have that option.I offered to buy the seat at my expense. Windshield is cheap .middle row is a bad design I am 6ft1" and have trouble lifting the seat out.then the rails are exposed .I would go back to north americian van for comfort. Tires are cheap . Van looks good performance is good . Cargo space and fuel economy are both good. Cabin filter ? Who needs that expense? Chevy bring back a 8 seater with your comfort.

2011 Sienna XLE
By siennabragg

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Driving XLE for almost 2 years. Put on around 31K miles. Still on first set of tires, but looks like will need new ones within 10K. Bought brand new in January 2011 in Newnan, GA. Pros: 3.5L engine, V6. Definately a way to go for these cars. Cons-a little slow response to the acceleration. A little bit cheap plastic interior, though easy to clean and no reflection from direct sun. Free 2-year dealer service is good, but nothing tremendous. Usually includes 2 oil changes, 3-5 tire rotations and cabin filter replacement. Has a lot of trouble with sunroof. Rubber pieces are coming off the rails constantly, though dealership replaces them under warranty. Gas economy averages 20mpg. HWY 25mpg.

Favorite Features

leather interior, adjustable heated seats, dual DVD in headrests, double glove box, space.

Suggested Improvements

Interior (cheap plastic), 8-th seat base should be independent (too heavy because attached to the passenger seat). Color combination (such as black on black will be good to have)

Toyota Grossinger
By sawsanz

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Not only is my car an amazing fit for my family and I, but it's performance is great as well. Also, when driving long distances with children it's great to be comfortable which we definitely are. I I am most grateful to the sale person at Toyota Grossing, Sargon C, without whom I wouldn't have been able to pick the best fit for us. He made my experience wonderful and easy. There were no complications and it was the best customer service I have received.