Used 2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews - 140 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

I wanted an SUV, but...
By Philip Gipson

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

We traded our 2000 Sienna XLE for the 2011 4cyl. LE trim model. It has all the bells and whistles we need. It's true-the interior quality is inferior to the first gen. Sienna, but I have to say: we have lived hard in this van and it just continues to take our punishment after 6 years. The plastics might appear cheap, but they have taken everything we have thrown at them. Maintenance costs have been minimal through six years (a battery change; brake pads, tires). This could be due to my regular maintenance habits. When we purchased the vehicle, our plan was to keep it at least 10 years as we keep vehicles far a long time ('95 F150, '02 Avalon, '07 Xterra). We believe it will make it based on its reliability so far and the fact that our kids are either grown or nearly grown. We would recommend a Sienna to anyone in the market for a minivan. They are priced in the market "sweet spot" as minivans go and they are perfect for families with 2-4 children. We have plenty of nit-picky gripes we could share, but overall, we couldn't be more pleased with the daily reliability of our Sienna. And one more point: research the reliability history of Toyota 4 cylinder engines. They are one of the most bullet-proof machines ever manufactured. This was the argument my wife used to win the battle for "her" minivan v. "my" sport ute. Oh well...

my first van
By josh wash

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

nice van, comfy

Small workhorse for gardening business
By vicki alba

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I do love this van. Used almost daily for hauling gardening equipment and lots of mulch in the spring. I live and work in the city so not practical to have large van or open pick up truck. Comfort is great, often 4 of us and equipment. Just enough room. The van cleans up pretty well even after all the dirt and mulch (we do have a tarp in the back which helps). Overall the van is great. My only complaint is the blind spots on the driver and passenger sides of the windshield.

Falling apart.
By Sanichara

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger Mobility Auto Access 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our first ever brand new vehicle in 2010. A 2011 tayota Siena. Very nice family vehicle. But my van get used everyday for about less than 1hour. It sits all day. Fisrt we keep finding littles parts falling apart. Every so often you'll find a screw or parts sitting on the floor. Never knowing where it came from. Then the back seat, when we went to pull it up. The whole handle came out. Now the whole side of the front seat by the door where the control buttons are fell apart. Cannot put it together. Went to tayota to fix it. They said it will cost us to fix both. It was not handle roughly and damage by the kids. They are teenagers and they are hardly in the van. Maybe on weekend only. I think it was poorly built and there should be a recall on these and should be fixed by tayota. Very disappointed for our first new vehicle. Expect this from used cars.

Questioning Toyota's Reliability Reputation
By az29okg

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the van new and it now has about 106,300 km. This van is now about 4.5 years old and in the last 7 month, I've had the following problems; (1) air conditioner compress had to be replaced, (2) starter motor failed, (3) Driver power seat failed.

Other than these problems, I really enjoyed driving this van.

Roominess, comfort (My family and I have no complaints and we go on four 22+ hour trips (sometime driving straight through the night). Roof rail works with Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack 450R. This allows me to attach long 84 inch Thule bars which permit me to carry two canoes or 4 mountain bikes. I also like the power - it can quickly accelerate from 100 km/hr to 140 km/hr to pass someone on the highway quickly.

I find that the passenger side windshield wiper fluid does not get sprayed up high enough onto the windshield at highway speeds (90+ km/hr) and makes it difficult to properly clean the windshield. I just tested a 2015 Toyota Sienna yesterday and observed the same issue.