Used 2011 Toyota Sienna Base 7-Passenger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Most Helpful|
We love our first sienna!
By Havasufoodies

2011 Toyota Sienna 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I got this base model Sienna for my wife on her birthday. We've owned it for two weeks. I emailed and called different dealerships and even tried the Costco Auto Program. We got this base model Sienna for around $500 UNDER INVOICE! Don't be scared & embarrassed to negotiate, THANKS TO EDMUNDS.COM. I like the reliability of Toyota, i don't care about all the bad publicity. We own a 2005 Corolla as well and we only had to change the battery, tires and brakes. That's it. This Sienna is daddy friendly. It is so quiet that you will not even realize the engine is running. I don't know why everyone else bought the 6 cyl when the 4 cyl CAN DO THE JOB! i have 4 kids and they love it!

Favorite Features

A/C is powerful. Cools down in a few minutes it is Arizona-friendly especially when it is a 120F outside during the summer. Super quiet in the inside. It has the feel of a 6 cyl but doesn't guzzle as much gas. 3rd row seats are very user friendly to put away. We love the abundance of cup holders.

Suggested Improvements

i think they should make the center console box for the driver and front passenger standard for the base model. The carpet hooks for the second row should be more secured and tucked away. Lately we've only gotten 16mpg city when they advertised 19 mpg for the 4cyl. It could just be driver habits.

Great car if you like Squeaky Seats
By marktuyet

2011 Toyota Sienna 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Nice looking mini van but Toyota skimped on the quality of the interior especially the seats. Imagine your surprise after buying an expensive automobile and every time you or a passenger are in it the seats squeak terribly. I am talking about all the seats. The seat backs squeak and the seat bottoms squeak when you shift your body weight the slightest. They squeak when you pull away and when you brake the van. The second row seats can be removed but you are left with a big,bulky track above the floor level. Terrible design ! I have owned this vehicle over 1 year and have over 20,000 miles on it.

Favorite Features

quiet engine, decent gas mileage, the 6 speed shifts well and makes driving hills a breeze. Good radio and nice visibility .

Suggested Improvements

The seats .. I am very upset about this as I am 60 yrs. old and have driven a lot of bombs and no car I ever had, and there has been many, has had such poorly designed seats . It is so bad it makes me hate this vehicle. I will never buy another Toyota .. no car is perfect but I expected much better from Toyota. All the interior parts are cheap. My old Chrysler and much better quality except for the transmissions .

So far so good
By rick

2011 Toyota Sienna 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Really like the versatility of the Base Sienna. Removable seats and the folding 3-Row is a great feature. Runs great for a minivan. The 4 cyl engine (hard to get in the Los Angeles area) has enough pep to get us around town. Strangely, when I was looking into the jack compartment in the back of the van, it seems there was a big motor there which I think could only be for the sliding doors but this van does not have auto sliding doors. does this mean it can be upgraded?

Favorite Features

big space and folding seats

Suggested Improvements

plastic interior and poor quality carpet

Low End - Wind noise, cheap plastics
By ertw

2011 Toyota Sienna 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

The low end model of Sienna has quite a bit of wind noise (especially when I drove more than 60 miles/hr) and the interior is very cheap looking (plastics look very cheap).

Base 4 cylinder
By basesienna

2011 Toyota Sienna 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Just returned from our trip to the mts. Of North Carolina. One day we drove from Franklin to highlands on the gorge rd which is rt. 64, a very steep, twisty, narrow road. We road the 12 miles up and back down from about 2000 ft. Elevation to over 4500 ft. We had absolutely no problem what so ever with the 4 cylinder engine. It performed better than my 3.3 liter Dodge and having the 6 speed transmission made it a breeze. The highest rpm were about 2500. I can't explain what a joy it was to drive this van on that very steep road. I have driven it for the past 10 years with Chrysler products and the Toyota out performed them head over heals. If you are thinking about the 4 cylinder.

Favorite Features

The 6 speed transmission is great. we also like the storage space, visibility, comfortable seats , radio and standard features.

Suggested Improvements

The materials are a little questionable. The rugs seem cheap and the doors don't feel as solid as my dodge.