2011 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Good Mileage, Adequate Transport
By greenvan2011 on 02/11/13 19:11 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought Sienna new in 2010, now have 48K on it. Mileage is great - 20 mixed and 25+ hwy. Engine has lots of zip to pass. Interior plastics and trims feel a little cheap. Leather only OK. Price to buy was descent compared to crossovers. Towing capacity is a lie - there is a 45 MPH speed limit, special hitch, and electric brakes required. Had a problem that was quasi-warranty and Toyota dealer and corporate was absolutely positively without a doubt useless. Even though we like the van in general have put Toyota on our do not buy list.

72,000kms in uncomfortable driver seat
By tip4u on 12/26/12 08:30 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sienna SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have asked to replace seat with a better one but toyota didn't t have that option.I offered to buy the seat at my expense. Windshield is cheap .middle row is a bad design I am 6ft1" and have trouble lifting the seat out.then the rails are exposed .I would go back to north americian van for comfort. Tires are cheap . Van looks good performance is good . Cargo space and fuel economy are both good. Cabin filter ? Who needs that expense? Chevy bring back a 8 seater with your comfort.

2011 Sienna XLE
By siennabragg on 12/17/12 10:50 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Driving XLE for almost 2 years. Put on around 31K miles. Still on first set of tires, but looks like will need new ones within 10K. Bought brand new in January 2011 in Newnan, GA. Pros: 3.5L engine, V6. Definately a way to go for these cars. Cons-a little slow response to the acceleration. A little bit cheap plastic interior, though easy to clean and no reflection from direct sun. Free 2-year dealer service is good, but nothing tremendous. Usually includes 2 oil changes, 3-5 tire rotations and cabin filter replacement. Has a lot of trouble with sunroof. Rubber pieces are coming off the rails constantly, though dealership replaces them under warranty. Gas economy averages 20mpg. HWY 25mpg.

Toyota Grossinger
By sawsanz on 10/06/12 20:00 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Not only is my car an amazing fit for my family and I, but it's performance is great as well. Also, when driving long distances with children it's great to be comfortable which we definitely are. I I am most grateful to the sale person at Toyota Grossing, Sargon C, without whom I wouldn't have been able to pick the best fit for us. He made my experience wonderful and easy. There were no complications and it was the best customer service I have received.

Buyer beware! Sienna tires don't last!
By geri6 on 08/30/12 05:50 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Make sure to put money aside if you buy a Sienna! At 13,000 miles I was told I needed new tires on the front. By 15,000 I definitely needed new tires! Toyota shuffled me back and forth to corporate, Firestone, and back to the dealer. At no point did Toyota ever take responsibility for anything! Firestone was great, but Toyota was definitely lacking (and I had followed their maintenance regime to the letter!). So, get a good deal if you plan to buy a Sienna because you will probably be getting a new set of tires within the first year! Crazy! P.S. They also "corrected" the alignment--even though it is impossible to adjust the rear alignment without shims! Seriously Toyota?

Toyota GPS - Do not purchase
By paulb9 on 04/19/12 12:52 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The installed Toyota GPS, while fun to use with it's large touch screen is DVD based, and the disk provided with my NEW Sienna was two years out of date... does not even have my street included (5 years old). AND... Toyota wants a ridiculous $250 for an updated disk! You can purchase a much better GPS, more features, and lifetime map updates for a little more than half that. Just stick it to the face of the Toyota display... Come on Toyota - get reasonable. A NEW car should at least have a current verions disk... and be provided with updates during warranty.

Great Van For Real Men
By tdsd2 on 01/28/12 13:35 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sienna SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Sienna SE. It looks good, fun to drive, fast, comfortable. I've owned a lot of cars in my 69 years and this is one of the best. I see a lot of people don't like the interior dash material. I like it very much. I think it has a rich feel to it. Not a fan of the design of the dash. It looks to feminan for me. I went from a full size Chevy conversion van to this and I seem to have just as much room. Since the seats fold, I think I can get more stuff in this than my Chevy. Won't go into details but had problems with the Chevy was reason for changing. Never been a fan of the Toyota logo so I changed all the emblems to Lexus. Some may not approve of this but I get a lot of looks.

Dissapointment
By tip4u on 12/20/11 18:30 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I am not mechanical at all .So this review is driver experience only .After driving 37,000kms and a year in ,the 2011 Sienna is uncomfortable in the drivers seat .Cheap seats. The design of the tracks that the middle row runs on, is horrible and the seats are so heavy to remove .I am 6ft and 190 lbs 40 yrs old and find it hard to remove the middle row .When you remove the middle row and fold the rear seats becareful not to damage the rails when you put your cargo in . The exterior paint is soft and the windshield is rough when the wipers pass over it on a showery day .Looks good on the outside .Lots of cargo area . The eight passenger will not be happy.Drives nicely and pick up is good

disapointed in some aspects of the design
By tom344 on 11/10/11 16:40 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It rained last night. The roof was wet. I needed to roll down the drivers side window to see. The water from the roof poured directly into the car. The controls for the power windows got very wet. To make it worse each window control sits on top of a small well that holds the water and assures that it drains into the window control mechanism. The interior side of the front doors seem flimsy. I am tall and my left knee pushes against the protrusion that holds the window controls. I see it flexing each time my left leg moves. I am concerned that the flimsy plastic that makes up the interior door will eventually crack after repeated exposures to my left leg pushing against it.

Unbelievable Drive!!
By dustino on 11/10/11 07:07 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sienna 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This Vehicle is Worth every last cent!! Went in to trade our 08 Nissan Quest in and wasnt totally sold that I wanted to be upside down in the loan but after driving this vehicle for 2 min I knew we had to have it. The smooth steering and the way this van glides on the road is very impressive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Sienna in NJ is:

$181 per month*