2010 Toyota Sienna Consumer Review: Toyota's New Policy: Clunker f

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Review

Toyota's New Policy: Clunker for Cash
By Toyota Victim on

2010 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a brand new Sienna. My wife drove the car with my mother in the passenger seat when we left the dealership. After half an hour, when my wife turned the heater on, the engine started making loud thumping sounds. My mother noticed a glow in the hood. A considerable amount of thick dark smoke started rising from the hood. My wife stopped the car immediately and turned the engine off. Thinking that the engine was about to explode, they leaped out of the car and ran away to a safe distance. The car kept emitting smoke for 30 minutes. Toyota could not diagnose the reason for the problem. Still, it insists that I take this dangerous car back.
By r_k
on 02/22/14 06:38 AM (PST)

@Toyota Victim- Sorry to read this, sincerely hope you got a viable resolution to this issue. I am a Sienna owner for last over 4 years and fortunately we didn't get into this dangerous situation. Toyota should have thoroughly diagnosed and resolved the issue. Thanks.