Used 2010 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Toyota's New Policy: Clunker for Cash
By Toyota Victim

2010 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a brand new Sienna. My wife drove the car with my mother in the passenger seat when we left the dealership. After half an hour, when my wife turned the heater on, the engine started making loud thumping sounds. My mother noticed a glow in the hood. A considerable amount of thick dark smoke started rising from the hood. My wife stopped the car immediately and turned the engine off. Thinking that the engine was about to explode, they leaped out of the car and ran away to a safe distance. The car kept emitting smoke for 30 minutes. Toyota could not diagnose the reason for the problem. Still, it insists that I take this dangerous car back.

Run flat tires
By oscar3cat

2010 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Do not buy any Toyota with run flat tires. You do not get a spare tire you get a harsh ride and short tire life there is no place to put a spare tire. Replacement run flat tires are very expensive !

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

better tires better suspension !

Great family car
By HappyDad

2010 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I did a lot of research before my purchase and read about and compared (test-drove) the competition. None of the other mini-vans even compare. I love the ride, my wife feels confident driving it. My little girl loves seeing out the window. A big part of our decision was the reliability and safety reputation of Toyota. There are so many great convenience features, and this sits, rides, and is quiet like a luxury vehicle. We are thrilled with this van!

Favorite Features

Windshield Wiper defroster (awesome feature for preventing ice build-up on the wipers), Heated Seats, Bluetooth hands-free, side window shades, Plush leather Captain's chairs, lots of cup holders, tri-zone heat/a/c, XM radio, JBL sound system, power sliding doors & power rear hatch.

Suggested Improvements

Hand's free does not work with all phones, easily hooked up to my wife's phone but not to my Blackberry 8330.

Surprisingly good
By RCR

2010 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is much better than I expected. I was hoping for a reliable utility vehicle, but it is that and much more. After 7000 miles, the car has been not only reliable but extremely comfortable and quiet; actually luxurious. Mileage has been much better than expected and much better than reported by many other reviewers. I have never checked the mileage on just highway driving or just city driving but I have never been below 25mpg combined, and usually closer to 27mpg.

Favorite Features

Very quiet and smooth, good visibility, bottle storage in doors, excellent mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Poor cupholders in front; nothing really fits. Rear cupholders are fine. Compartment for sunglasses too small for most sunglasses.

Navigation system defective by design
By fdbck

2010 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Toyota Sienna's navigation system has a "safety feature" which is not advertised anywhere, it appears to be the least talked about safety feature of any vehicle on the market. When the vehicle is moving, the navigation and phone hands free controls are locked out. They don't trust that passenger can safety change your destination with the vehicle moving. It was a waste of $2500. The voice recognition system is mostly useless, out of 10 times saying "home" it only correctly registered once. Does anyone actually like/want faux wood trim?

Favorite Features

power sliding doors, power liftgate.

Suggested Improvements

remove the navigation system lockout when the car is moving