2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Great family car
By HappyDad on 03/05/10 14:43 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I did a lot of research before my purchase and read about and compared (test-drove) the competition. None of the other mini-vans even compare. I love the ride, my wife feels confident driving it. My little girl loves seeing out the window. A big part of our decision was the reliability and safety reputation of Toyota. There are so many great convenience features, and this sits, rides, and is quiet like a luxury vehicle. We are thrilled with this van!

Surprisingly good
By RCR on 02/07/10 10:59 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is much better than I expected. I was hoping for a reliable utility vehicle, but it is that and much more. After 7000 miles, the car has been not only reliable but extremely comfortable and quiet; actually luxurious. Mileage has been much better than expected and much better than reported by many other reviewers. I have never checked the mileage on just highway driving or just city driving but I have never been below 25mpg combined, and usually closer to 27mpg.

Navigation system defective by design
By fdbck on 01/29/10 11:14 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Toyota Sienna's navigation system has a "safety feature" which is not advertised anywhere, it appears to be the least talked about safety feature of any vehicle on the market. When the vehicle is moving, the navigation and phone hands free controls are locked out. They don't trust that passenger can safety change your destination with the vehicle moving. It was a waste of $2500. The voice recognition system is mostly useless, out of 10 times saying "home" it only correctly registered once. Does anyone actually like/want faux wood trim?

Great Vehicle
By ss492 on 01/23/10 22:03 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just purchased this car last month and it is already my favorite car. The space is amazing, the power sliding doors are great, and the drive is far better than I could have imagined.

Very pleased
By Lloyd on 01/19/10 20:27 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We traded in a 2008 Saturn Vue AWD for this 2010 8 passenger Sienna. We are very pleased. Have already put 2000 miles on it the first month. It has more HP than the Saturn and gets better MPG. We have gotten as high as 24 to 25 MPG a couple of times. Very roomy and comfortable ride. We can put our grandson in his booster seat in the middle seat in the second row. He has plenty of leg room and can recline just his seat for naps.

Love It
By EBuyer on 01/07/10 13:27 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked into a 2010 Honda Odyssey Base model but I was not looking for something that drives like a car, I wanted a minivan and the Sienna is cheaper and handles just fine. I was not looking for bells and whistles but functionality hence the CE version. Great van, rides smooth,has plenty of power,is comfortable and I like it. Only complaint is the Van was suppose to come with Daytime Running Lights but for some reason there was a misbuild at the factory. Toyota is going to make it right and it was brought before the regional person. All in all, a solid buy and solid van.

2010 Sienna Not For City Driving!
By bobwern on 01/05/10 17:24 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My new 2010 Sienna LE FWD is getting a disappointing 14 mpg's city, and 19 mpg's highway. The on-board computer displays an average of 16.4 mpg's for the 1,600 miles I've driven it. This is far short of the 17/27 and average 19 mpg's advertised. The vehicle has an extremely wide feel to it which is threatening when you are on narrow city side streets with on- coming traffic. The turning radius is wide. Turning into a narrow parking lot space is a challenge. It's hard to pull into a space evenly straight, The Van is usually angled and you have to jockey it back and forth to straighten it out. This is not an agile vehicle for tight city driving. It's a very smooth quit ride on the open road.

My Second Sienna, There Will Be More!
By Chris on 01/03/10 04:56 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Sienna, so yes,my experiences with this vehicle have been extremely positive (I still have the first one, an 05). If Lexus made a mini-van, this would be it. I love the power doors, power tailgate, AWD, Bluetooth, GPS, Rear DVD, heatedseats. Honestly, you can't get a better mini-van, period. Its true that the gas mileage is not the best (12L average per 100km on the highway and about 13.5L per 100km in town) but mine both have AWD plus all the gadgets that need to be powered. I suspect you would be hard pressed to do that much better....I would have bought a Hydrid if it was available... I have mine with running boards and hood deflector and XM satellite radio.

Great car!! For family with 3 kids!!
By Chris on 12/28/09 08:04 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new Sienna! I have a fully loaded AWD Limitted Edition. Comfortable ride, and do not find it noisy at all as some others suggested...perhaps thats a subjective observation. I don't think I'll ever go back to an SUV. The GPS system is good similar to my Lexus. Disappointed that I paid for the all weather mats...they were recalled but Toyota did not replace with Standard mats.

The Lexus of Minivans
By flybone89 on 12/20/09 16:10 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in 06 Odyssey and you can't go wrong with either van. But the styles are very different, and we prefer the Sienna. Sienna is quieter and rides much smoother. Sienna also has better turning radius. We took the Sienna on a 1600 mile road trip and loved the journey. And we originally wanted it without AWD, but we ran into a snowstorm and AWD paid for itself in one trip!! Our Sienna is loaded, and it really feels more like a luxury sedan than a minivan.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan in NJ is:

$132 per month*