2010 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2010 Sienna Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Sort Reviews by

So Far so Good - Update - 1 year
By Dave

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has been more than I expected. Mileage has been terrific on the highway. 27 mpg at 70 mph; 23- 25 mpg at 80 mph. Engine has great power. Van is very quiet and smooth. Seats are very comfortable. Would recommend the upgraded radio/cd player with bluetooth. The added on bluetooth by Toyota is just so-so.

Favorite Features

Highway mileage; ride, quietness, powerful engine for a van.

Suggested Improvements

Ability to shut off center vents. Front controls for the rear A/C system.

Great family car
By HappyDad

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I did a lot of research before my purchase and read about and compared (test-drove) the competition. None of the other mini-vans even compare. I love the ride, my wife feels confident driving it. My little girl loves seeing out the window. A big part of our decision was the reliability and safety reputation of Toyota. There are so many great convenience features, and this sits, rides, and is quiet like a luxury vehicle. We are thrilled with this van!

Favorite Features

Windshield Wiper defroster (awesome feature for preventing ice build-up on the wipers), Heated Seats, Bluetooth hands-free, side window shades, Plush leather Captain's chairs, lots of cup holders, tri-zone heat/a/c, XM radio, JBL sound system, power sliding doors & power rear hatch.

Suggested Improvements

Hand's free does not work with all phones, easily hooked up to my wife's phone but not to my Blackberry 8330.

Surprisingly good
By RCR

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is much better than I expected. I was hoping for a reliable utility vehicle, but it is that and much more. After 7000 miles, the car has been not only reliable but extremely comfortable and quiet; actually luxurious. Mileage has been much better than expected and much better than reported by many other reviewers. I have never checked the mileage on just highway driving or just city driving but I have never been below 25mpg combined, and usually closer to 27mpg.

Favorite Features

Very quiet and smooth, good visibility, bottle storage in doors, excellent mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Poor cupholders in front; nothing really fits. Rear cupholders are fine. Compartment for sunglasses too small for most sunglasses.

Navigation system defective by design
By fdbck

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Toyota Sienna's navigation system has a "safety feature" which is not advertised anywhere, it appears to be the least talked about safety feature of any vehicle on the market. When the vehicle is moving, the navigation and phone hands free controls are locked out. They don't trust that passenger can safety change your destination with the vehicle moving. It was a waste of $2500. The voice recognition system is mostly useless, out of 10 times saying "home" it only correctly registered once. Does anyone actually like/want faux wood trim?

Favorite Features

power sliding doors, power liftgate.

Suggested Improvements

remove the navigation system lockout when the car is moving

Sienna XLE 2010: A Giant
By Rahul Kapoor

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Sienna XLE has been given all the bells and whistles that can be given to a mini van; it has comfortable seats, mine is a 7 passenger so enough space for my wife to move around the vehicle and take care of kids while they're on the road. The only problem I have with this van is the accelerator and brake pedals are installed at much lower height which makes me change my sitting posture at least 2-3 times even if it is less than 2 hours drive one way. I have owned it for last over 2 weeks and have already put on over 1300 miles on it; 21mpg is what I am getting (all are highway miles). Overall I am satisfied with this van and will recommend it to my friends!

Favorite Features

Sonar: tells even if a person is approaching the van. Bluetooth; auto doors, Moon/sunroof, rear entertainment-dvd: great for kids. Great room and JBL.

Suggested Improvements

Pedals to be installed at a little more height, make option packages more clear.

Enjoyable Ride
By chris

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We recently purchased a 2010 Toyota Sienna XLE with EVP#2 after a lot of research. Not surprisingly, the other minivan we were eventually considering was the Odyssey. Both are great cars, and very comparable. After test driving both the same day, we decided that we preferred the quieter, smoother ride the Sienna offered. We don't agree that the Sienna gives an overly cushy or unresponsive ride.

Favorite Features

We love the power doors, power rear lift gate, sonar, and the Bluetooth. The engine is smooth, powerful and responsive.

Suggested Improvements

The faux wood finish of the XLE seems a bit fake and not really our style but this is a very minor point.

Never Thought I'd Like a Minivan
By Momof2

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2007 Odyssey for the 2010 Sienna. Wow, what a difference! The Sienna drives like a car, is almost effortless to park, is SO comfortable, and has totally changed my mind about minivans. I wish I had gone with the Sienna originally, rather than blindly believing Hondas were superior - I was so wrong! All the features on the Sienna are nice, especially the rear camera, Bluetooth connection, auto headlights and auto rear door. This one is a keeper!

Favorite Features

Super smooth ride, auto rear door, Bluetooth, auto headlights, navigation.

Suggested Improvements

Convertible/removable 8th seat in the middle row.

GREAT Vehicle
By Duke

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Sienna XLE with value package #4. The car handles great and is fun to drive. It does not feel at all like a mini-van, but more like a smooth sedan. The interior is well laid out. NAV/DVD systems are very good, but I would like to see an option of allowing a passenger to operate the NAV system while the car is moving. I also wish Toyota would allow loading of the DVD's in the center stack like the Odyssey, but instead you have to reach in the back to load a new DVD for the little ones. I did a lot of test drives and research between Honda and Toyota. Toyota prevailed and I paid $2000.00 less for a more equipped 2010 Sienna than I did for a less equipped 2009 Odyssey.

Favorite Features

Strong smooth engine. Great interior fit and finish. Toyota reputation.

Suggested Improvements

XM radio receiver standard, Front loading DVD. Access to NAV while vehicle is in motion. Jump seat in higher end models to seat 8.

Great choice
By Joe

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After looking at all the top choices out there, we chose a Sienna. We got an XLE with the Value package 3 and several other options. My kids love the comfort and ease of use of this van. It is very smooth and quiet on the highway and easy to maneuver around town. It really is the Lexus of minivans.

Favorite Features

DVD player for kids, parking assist, comfortable seats and plush interior, smooth V-6.

Suggested Improvements

Option packages can be confusing. Six speed automatic transmission and satellite radio would be nice.

I love my Sienna!
By John

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's so quiet, smooth, quick, and fuel efficient. I Love my Sienna. It is the best van/car I have ever owned. I already have 1,000 miles on my 2010 Sienna I have had for a week. I have averaged about 21 mpg on the first 2 tanks which is not bad for a van and the way I drive. It is so smooth and quiet it's like riding on a cloud. Handling is just fine to me, not as sporty feeling as the Odyssey but it is very capable and secure. The Sienna has some guts for a van as well, just punch it and it GO's! The JBL sound system is awesome along with the Navigation and DVD system! I love the color, Blizzard Pearl! Brakes are strong, I had a few close calls already and it stops like a much smaller car.

Favorite Features

Smooth/Quiet Ride, 3.5L V6 Power, Braking system, JBL sound system, Color, Navigation system, Dvd system, Gas mileage, Luxury features (laser cruise control/powered 3rd row), and Toyota quality.

Suggested Improvements

I would say offer a 6 speed auto/manual, lower prices a bit, and a hybrid option.