2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
So Far so Good - Update - 1 year
By Dave on 06/17/10 13:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has been more than I expected. Mileage has been terrific on the highway. 27 mpg at 70 mph; 23- 25 mpg at 80 mph. Engine has great power. Van is very quiet and smooth. Seats are very comfortable. Would recommend the upgraded radio/cd player with bluetooth. The added on bluetooth by Toyota is just so-so.

Great family car
By HappyDad on 03/05/10 14:43 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I did a lot of research before my purchase and read about and compared (test-drove) the competition. None of the other mini-vans even compare. I love the ride, my wife feels confident driving it. My little girl loves seeing out the window. A big part of our decision was the reliability and safety reputation of Toyota. There are so many great convenience features, and this sits, rides, and is quiet like a luxury vehicle. We are thrilled with this van!

Surprisingly good
By RCR on 02/07/10 10:59 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is much better than I expected. I was hoping for a reliable utility vehicle, but it is that and much more. After 7000 miles, the car has been not only reliable but extremely comfortable and quiet; actually luxurious. Mileage has been much better than expected and much better than reported by many other reviewers. I have never checked the mileage on just highway driving or just city driving but I have never been below 25mpg combined, and usually closer to 27mpg.

Navigation system defective by design
By fdbck on 01/29/10 11:14 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Toyota Sienna's navigation system has a "safety feature" which is not advertised anywhere, it appears to be the least talked about safety feature of any vehicle on the market. When the vehicle is moving, the navigation and phone hands free controls are locked out. They don't trust that passenger can safety change your destination with the vehicle moving. It was a waste of $2500. The voice recognition system is mostly useless, out of 10 times saying "home" it only correctly registered once. Does anyone actually like/want faux wood trim?

Sienna XLE 2010: A Giant
By Rahul Kapoor on 11/15/09 15:50 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Sienna XLE has been given all the bells and whistles that can be given to a mini van; it has comfortable seats, mine is a 7 passenger so enough space for my wife to move around the vehicle and take care of kids while they're on the road. The only problem I have with this van is the accelerator and brake pedals are installed at much lower height which makes me change my sitting posture at least 2-3 times even if it is less than 2 hours drive one way. I have owned it for last over 2 weeks and have already put on over 1300 miles on it; 21mpg is what I am getting (all are highway miles). Overall I am satisfied with this van and will recommend it to my friends!

Enjoyable Ride
By chris on 10/17/09 13:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We recently purchased a 2010 Toyota Sienna XLE with EVP#2 after a lot of research. Not surprisingly, the other minivan we were eventually considering was the Odyssey. Both are great cars, and very comparable. After test driving both the same day, we decided that we preferred the quieter, smoother ride the Sienna offered. We don't agree that the Sienna gives an overly cushy or unresponsive ride.

Never Thought I'd Like a Minivan
By Momof2 on 09/28/09 11:56 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2007 Odyssey for the 2010 Sienna. Wow, what a difference! The Sienna drives like a car, is almost effortless to park, is SO comfortable, and has totally changed my mind about minivans. I wish I had gone with the Sienna originally, rather than blindly believing Hondas were superior - I was so wrong! All the features on the Sienna are nice, especially the rear camera, Bluetooth connection, auto headlights and auto rear door. This one is a keeper!

GREAT Vehicle
By Duke on 08/13/09 14:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Sienna XLE with value package #4. The car handles great and is fun to drive. It does not feel at all like a mini-van, but more like a smooth sedan. The interior is well laid out. NAV/DVD systems are very good, but I would like to see an option of allowing a passenger to operate the NAV system while the car is moving. I also wish Toyota would allow loading of the DVD's in the center stack like the Odyssey, but instead you have to reach in the back to load a new DVD for the little ones. I did a lot of test drives and research between Honda and Toyota. Toyota prevailed and I paid $2000.00 less for a more equipped 2010 Sienna than I did for a less equipped 2009 Odyssey.

Great choice
By Joe on 07/18/09 09:25 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After looking at all the top choices out there, we chose a Sienna. We got an XLE with the Value package 3 and several other options. My kids love the comfort and ease of use of this van. It is very smooth and quiet on the highway and easy to maneuver around town. It really is the Lexus of minivans.

I love my Sienna!
By John on 05/29/09 17:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's so quiet, smooth, quick, and fuel efficient. I Love my Sienna. It is the best van/car I have ever owned. I already have 1,000 miles on my 2010 Sienna I have had for a week. I have averaged about 21 mpg on the first 2 tanks which is not bad for a van and the way I drive. It is so smooth and quiet it's like riding on a cloud. Handling is just fine to me, not as sporty feeling as the Odyssey but it is very capable and secure. The Sienna has some guts for a van as well, just punch it and it GO's! The JBL sound system is awesome along with the Navigation and DVD system! I love the color, Blizzard Pearl! Brakes are strong, I had a few close calls already and it stops like a much smaller car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan in WA is:

$135 per month*