2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Road Warriors Best Friend
By napamatt on 01/27/14 09:53 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a manufacturer rep of engine management and fuel delivery systems for NAPA Auto Parts. I easily travel 40,000 miles annually and drive a 2010 Sienna. It currently has 115,000 miles on it and it's one of the most bullet proof vehicles I've ever had. At well over 100,000 miles I've kept up on the maintenance which has been almost nothing and it's still going strong. To date the only maintenance the van has required has been oil changes, a few sets of tires, and a couple of brake jobs. I've also flushed the power steering and transmission. It just doesn't really need a lot of maintenance and continues to run strong. The spark plugs are original and still look amazing.

Forget flat free tires
By ron strand on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our sienna is a great car we enjoy it on trips the gps is a big help, had a little trouble finding a sat tuner for the radio but had one installed and it works well. The biggest draw back to this car is the flat free tires. They are not flat free the light is on more than off. There is not a Dunlap tire dealer in our area so we are left to the mercy of others. The local Toyota dealer is not helpful. I would buy regular tires for the car but they did not build a place for the spare, pretty stupid who ever heard of a car without a spare.

Toyota Sienna
By toyotasienna on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought Certified used. Good car. Comfortable ride. Like flexible seating positions in 8 pass.

So Far so Good - Update - 1 year
By Dave on 06/17/10 13:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has been more than I expected. Mileage has been terrific on the highway. 27 mpg at 70 mph; 23- 25 mpg at 80 mph. Engine has great power. Van is very quiet and smooth. Seats are very comfortable. Would recommend the upgraded radio/cd player with bluetooth. The added on bluetooth by Toyota is just so-so.

Solid but Uninspired
By Jeff on 05/31/10 06:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wanted a lower trim model but was boxed into the XLE to get AWD (they have an LE AWD but good luck finding one). Got the van for mostly short haul driving and occasional longer trips with the dogs. After a year, getting about 19 MPG average (mostly city) but get 23 MPG on highway trips. Ride is just fine for what it is, and it handles better than most of the other vans. NAV system is beyond awful, but I just use my Garmin instead. Will likely never use the DVD player. Backup camera is a nice feature. Runflat tires on the AWD haven't given long term issues yet, but paying $260 for a flat will grow old real quick.

Blind spots
By Valerie on 05/16/10 19:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I sorely regret trading in my 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport for this car. The visibility in the caravan was excellent. The Toyota Sienna has a large blind spot on the left. I have had more close calls in this car than I did in 10 years in the Caravan. Also, the trim between the windshield and the right window is wide and creates another blind spot. A third blind spot is created when it is snowing and the windshield wipers do not clear the far sides of the windshield. It is also difficult to see out of the rear window. I regret not having the Caravan accessed by a garage before trading it in. It was a mistake for me to lose the Caravan for this car. I feel unsafe.

Gas Pedal Sticks on 2010 Sienna
By KJM on 04/19/10 09:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was shocked when the gas pedal stuck twice on my new 2010 Sienna XLE minivan. All I could think of was to turn the minivan all since pressing on the break pedal did not stop the minivan. Toyota of Knoxville blamed the floor mats. The gas pedal stuck again after they removed the floor mats. I got rid of this mini van in February and purchased an X5 BMW. Now that is a real amazing vehicle.

Lexus in disguise
By EDDY on 04/05/10 12:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Did a lot of research.Toss up between Sienna & Odyssey. I am disabled and need a AWD vehicle that can accommodate my scooter and me. I have a wooden right leg and need room to bend the leg to hit the gas. Dash board is high enough with no interference. AC outlet lets me charge scooter. The color is Silver Pine Mica with a Taupe Interior. It looks like a Lexus inside with the wood grain on the steering wheel, dash, and arm rests. Folding mirrors are the best thing they ever did.Should be standard on all vans. I have every option on this van except Lasser Cruise, HID Headlights, Spoiler & Satellite Radio. I wish it had the HID Headlights Standard with the Limited Pkg.

Toyota's New Policy: Clunker for Cash
By Toyota Victim on 04/04/10 11:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a brand new Sienna. My wife drove the car with my mother in the passenger seat when we left the dealership. After half an hour, when my wife turned the heater on, the engine started making loud thumping sounds. My mother noticed a glow in the hood. A considerable amount of thick dark smoke started rising from the hood. My wife stopped the car immediately and turned the engine off. Thinking that the engine was about to explode, they leaped out of the car and ran away to a safe distance. The car kept emitting smoke for 30 minutes. Toyota could not diagnose the reason for the problem. Still, it insists that I take this dangerous car back.

Run flat tires
By oscar3cat on 03/10/10 14:43 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Do not buy any Toyota with run flat tires. You do not get a spare tire you get a harsh ride and short tire life there is no place to put a spare tire. Replacement run flat tires are very expensive !

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Sienna Minivan in VA is:

$111 per month*