2009 Toyota Sienna Consumer Review: First Time Toyota Owner

2009 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Review

First Time Toyota Owner
By New Sienna Owner on

2009 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my new Sienna LE about two weeks ago. I needed a safe, comfortable, reliable and good looking van to carry my family. I got all of that – plus a surprise – great gas mileage. The overhead multi-info display was showing an average of 27 mpg while driving on the freeway but I expected it was lower. It turned out to be 25.7 mpg from fill-up to fill- up. The interior trim looks beautiful. A road I must pass over every day has lots of potholes and patches. My other vehicle rattles like crazy over this area but the Sienna does not make a sound and stays in complete control. All-in-all, a great vehicle and a great value.

The six-disc CD changer on the standard radio was a surprise. I expected a single disc like the van I turned in. I can keep all of my CD’s in the radio and not have to flip any in or out. There is even an input for an MP3 player! The mid-seat captain chairs are very comfortable.

The steering wheel radio controls could use some tactile improvement – I still have to look to see which control does what. Maybe put the controls on the back of the steering wheel with volume on one side and channel/track on the other?