2009 Toyota Sienna Consumer Review: Bad, Bad A/C

2009 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Review

LE 8-Passenger Passenger Minivan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Bad, Bad A/C
By M Perez on

2009 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a new van so that my wife and kids would not have to deal with all the aches associated with an old car. We live in So Cal where the summer temps go over 100 deg. The A/C on the van has stopped blowing cold air on 5 separate occasions. This happens either when stopped or driving so it's not even a consistent problem. We take it to the dealer and they say they can't find anything wrong with it. I had previously purchased a Camry with NO problems. Thinking Toyota was more reliable I purchased this car for my wife and it was a BAD mistake. Next time I will go with a Honda for the family van.

Very roomy, great middle seat in second row if you have infant. The seat can be moved towards the front or back with ease. Great feature for family with infants and toddlers.

Better A/C. Visibility is horrible. Cameras in back should be standard on these high priced vehicles.