Used 2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Wish I would have kept my caravan
By minivan mom

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2005 Grand Caravan in on the 2009 Toyota sienna because everyone told me they have the best quality (WRONG). It's been in the shop more than I have owned it with motor and trans issues and the elusive noise they can't seem to find. Give me back my grand caravan.

look

Better quality, better drive train, better interior.

Toyota...American Stye
By chastek

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our van serves as daily people hauler and weekend plaything for a family with four kids. It's very roomy with plenty of interior storage and cleverly designed seats. The fit and finish is not as good as our Lexus, but is probably better than average. The powertrain is super smooth and it never lacks for power, even when fully loaded. We average 22mpg in mixed driving.

The engine/transmission Smooth ride Ample storage.

Warning chime when rear vent windows left open. Relocate eyeglass holder and rear HVAC controls to more accessible locations Rear seat power ports. Strap to avoid rear center seatbelts from falling below seat when folding.

Loving our new car!!
By mruiz1495

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best minivan period! I love the roominess of the Sienna inside, the handling is OK, and performance is great.

Dual Power Sliding Doors, Power rear hatch. Heated seats.

Better gas mileage.

My Very First Van! My 6th Toyota!
By carlady

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Being price conscious we opted for the CE model. It has all the features we need. We didn't need a van when our children were young, but need it for the grandchildren. Two weeks after we purchased the van, we took a 2000 mile road trip. That was when we truly fell in love with this van. We grew to appreciate the comfort of the seats and the handling of the van. It is amazingly easy to park and gets adequate mileage on a trip. We got 26- 28 mpg on a trip. In town we get an average of 20 mpg. We keep wondering why we didn't get a Sienna years ago!

The deep well behind the third seat is perfect for groceries so they can't roll all over. The sliding doors are a plus in a crowded parking lot when buckling the grandchildren. All the seats are so plush, and adults can sit comfortably in every seat with leg room to spare, even the third row seat.

My only complaint is a blind spot with the right outside mirror. Because of sitting higher in the van, I sometimes miss seeing a vehicle approaching from my right side. After a near miss, I learned to cautiously check before backing out onto the highway.

Outstanding
By bobsienna

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best vehicle that I have ever had. It is very comfortable and a joy to drive. There is plenty of room to carry things. I wish I had it when my kids were in college to haul many pairs of shoes. It gets good mileage on the highway but not so good in town, however I drove a PT Cruiser for a few days and only got 2 MPG better mileage.

Comfort and carrying room.

Better gas mileage.