Used 2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Hate it!
By Kimberli

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We traded in our 2002 "Jalopy" Grand Caravan for this van. It is my first brand new car EVEr! I am so disappointed in the reliability. I've had a front end noise that dlrshp can't duplicate, my brake/accelerator footpad shivers at certain speeds and in certain road conditions. Again dlrshp cannot duplicate. Most importantly, long road trips 4+ hours are horrible. The "lumbar support" is unsupportive and lower back hurts after just 2 hours!

Sliding passenger doors and fold down 3rd row

Better lumbar support! Pay attention to quality vs. quantity Toyoda-san. Hai domo arigato gozaimasu.

Gas Mileage
By gl2238

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very distressed at the fuel economy. Driving around Henderson, NV local driving average fuel economy is less than 8/9 mpg. On the freeway at constant speed i.e. 70 mph, fuel economy 14 mpg is the norm. My 1999 Yukon with the 350 gets 18/19 mph hwy. Overall the car is exceptional in ride and quality. Severe power limitations with Toyota battery. Insufficient reserve power to start car after door or other accessory has been on. I routinely have to jump start or charge the battery. I have been back to the dealer twice to check battery drain or if defective batteries.

Interior layout and cargo capacity with the 2nd row out and 3rd row folded down. When we travel, cargo is in back and two 90lb labs take up the middle.

Increase size of battery. It is severely limited in capacity considering everything on my vehicle is electrical and there are many courtesy lights on when door(s) are opened.

Wish I would have kept my caravan
By minivan mom

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2005 Grand Caravan in on the 2009 Toyota sienna because everyone told me they have the best quality (WRONG). It's been in the shop more than I have owned it with motor and trans issues and the elusive noise they can't seem to find. Give me back my grand caravan.

look

Better quality, better drive train, better interior.

Toyota...American Stye
By chastek

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our van serves as daily people hauler and weekend plaything for a family with four kids. It's very roomy with plenty of interior storage and cleverly designed seats. The fit and finish is not as good as our Lexus, but is probably better than average. The powertrain is super smooth and it never lacks for power, even when fully loaded. We average 22mpg in mixed driving.

The engine/transmission Smooth ride Ample storage.

Warning chime when rear vent windows left open. Relocate eyeglass holder and rear HVAC controls to more accessible locations Rear seat power ports. Strap to avoid rear center seatbelts from falling below seat when folding.

Loving our new car!!
By mruiz1495

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best minivan period! I love the roominess of the Sienna inside, the handling is OK, and performance is great.

Dual Power Sliding Doors, Power rear hatch. Heated seats.

Better gas mileage.