2009 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
So far, so good
By seye on 08/27/09 12:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just passed six months of ownership. Van drives great-- smooth acceleration, supple ride, excellent turning radius and decent sight lines. Drivers seat not as comfortable/adjustable as I would've expected. Interior engineered well with lots of storage. Intuitive HVAC. I sprung for the JBL Synthesis system and I am disappointed with the sound. Not nearly as good as other premium set-ups I've had. Otherwise, very happy with the van so far.

Good for long distance travel
By Laugh2 on 07/31/09 10:53 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the vehicle to replace an older Sienna. We have driven it more than 17,000 miles and have had no issues with the van. Good acceleration, comfortable on long trips and great mileage (as much as 26+ on a 1800 mile trip). We like the bluetooth and navigation system, backup camera and automatic side doors and rear gate. Smooth and comfortable ride with great turning radius.

Bad, Bad A/C
By M Perez on 07/22/09 09:55 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a new van so that my wife and kids would not have to deal with all the aches associated with an old car. We live in So Cal where the summer temps go over 100 deg. The A/C on the van has stopped blowing cold air on 5 separate occasions. This happens either when stopped or driving so it's not even a consistent problem. We take it to the dealer and they say they can't find anything wrong with it. I had previously purchased a Camry with NO problems. Thinking Toyota was more reliable I purchased this car for my wife and it was a BAD mistake. Next time I will go with a Honda for the family van.

So far, so good!
By Dave on 06/24/09 17:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third van (the other two were a Ford and an Olds) and the Toyota is definitely the best riding. Build quality is excellent and the engine very smooth and powerful. At this point I have no complaints, but have high expectations based on Toyota's reputation. Will keep you updated.

Grille design allows condenser damage
By Dave Shantz on 06/24/09 09:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just found out my AC condenser leaked all the freon due to a stone impact. The openings in the front grille measure two inches by three- quarters of an inch. This design allows stones to impact the condenser directly behind the grille. The $1300 repair cost should be covered under warranty, but it's NOT!!!! I bought a new car so that I wouldn't have to pay for these kind of repair costs. Buyer beware.

Love Our Sienna Van
By LoveOurToyota on 06/10/09 10:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love our van. I had a hard time getting past the van stigma but once I did I would never go back. This car is so practical. We have kids, and the room and comfort of this car is amazing. It drives so smoothly. It is so much fun to drive this van. The automatic doors is a huge plus. I always worried about the kids hitting other cars when they opened the doors. You can close/open the doors from the inside of the van. This car is made for families. Toyota did a great job designing this car with so many family friendly features.

All I Hoped For
By bucaneer on 06/02/09 08:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the 2009 LE recently and took on a 1,500 mile round trip. Highway only mileage was 26 mpg and 27 mpg on consecutive fill ups. Mixed mileage has been roughly 19-20 mpg. Seats are extremely comfortable on a long drive. No rattles, no squeaks, no blemishes on finishes or rough edges. Power doors are very easy to use as are the middle row seats to tumble and the back seats to fold into the floor. The back storage well is huge and swallows gear and upright suitcases. Gauges are easy to read with one exception. I am six foot three and cannot see the top portion of the speedometer even with a movable steering wheel. Great highway cruiser and super easy to handle, does not wander.

Not that Bad
By Jibs on 05/31/09 10:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just recently bought this vehicle. It only has about 500+ plus mile so far. The van is spacious and comfortable. Like the lumbar support for the seat. Interior design is so perfect. MPG is avg compared to its peers.

Great Car!
By John on 05/27/09 04:30 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our 2009 Sienna is everything we had hoped for and then some. For the first 16,000 miles we have averaged 22 MPG - not bad for a big car that drives so easily. This is also the first car we have ever owned that has not needed a repair for some sort of flaw. It has been perfect in every respect and we are beginning to wonder if the 100K extended warranty was worth the extra cost.

2nd Time Sienna Owner
By rkNE on 05/23/09 11:10 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We live in New England. AWD was important to us in purchasing this van. Also the crash test results and the awesome reliability record of this van was the deciding factors for us. The gas mileage is not the best, as noted by several reviewers here. But you have to consider that this is a large vehicle with a large V6 engine AS WELL AS AWD option. The AWD adds 2 or 3 hundred pounds to the weight of the vehicle. The gas mileage will suffer. If you want higher mileage, you can go with the FWD option, or get a smaller vehicle. The vehicles drives beautifully, it has a tighter turning radius than most mid-size sedans, it is relatively quiet on the road, and handles well for a minivan.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Sienna in VA is:

$118 per month*