2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Great So Far
By rs118 on 04/28/10 23:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Never had a car this big so it's easy to love the huge space. Captains chairs are great for the toddlers. Third row works for two large adults after configuring all seats. Really nice inside. Much smoother and quieter than the Odyssey I'm familiar with and tested. 13,000 miles, just regular maintenance. Occasionally when starting the van, the JBL stereo lights are off and the volume knob won't work. Using volume on the steering wheel seems to correct it. Engine is a little loud, seems like a loud exhaust note at times, but quiet when cruising. Tires wearing quickly. Only 17 mpg in city driving. People don't hear us well on Bluetooth, cheap no-name aftermarket is better.

Wish I would have kept my caravan
By minivan mom on 11/27/09 13:36 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2005 Grand Caravan in on the 2009 Toyota sienna because everyone told me they have the best quality (WRONG). It's been in the shop more than I have owned it with motor and trans issues and the elusive noise they can't seem to find. Give me back my grand caravan.

Loving our new car!!
By mruiz1495 on 10/22/09 13:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best minivan period! I love the roominess of the Sienna inside, the handling is OK, and performance is great.

Good for long distance travel
By Laugh2 on 07/31/09 10:53 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the vehicle to replace an older Sienna. We have driven it more than 17,000 miles and have had no issues with the van. Good acceleration, comfortable on long trips and great mileage (as much as 26+ on a 1800 mile trip). We like the bluetooth and navigation system, backup camera and automatic side doors and rear gate. Smooth and comfortable ride with great turning radius.

So far, so good!
By Dave on 06/24/09 17:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third van (the other two were a Ford and an Olds) and the Toyota is definitely the best riding. Build quality is excellent and the engine very smooth and powerful. At this point I have no complaints, but have high expectations based on Toyota's reputation. Will keep you updated.

Love Our Sienna Van
By LoveOurToyota on 06/10/09 10:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love our van. I had a hard time getting past the van stigma but once I did I would never go back. This car is so practical. We have kids, and the room and comfort of this car is amazing. It drives so smoothly. It is so much fun to drive this van. The automatic doors is a huge plus. I always worried about the kids hitting other cars when they opened the doors. You can close/open the doors from the inside of the van. This car is made for families. Toyota did a great job designing this car with so many family friendly features.

Great Car!
By John on 05/27/09 04:30 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our 2009 Sienna is everything we had hoped for and then some. For the first 16,000 miles we have averaged 22 MPG - not bad for a big car that drives so easily. This is also the first car we have ever owned that has not needed a repair for some sort of flaw. It has been perfect in every respect and we are beginning to wonder if the 100K extended warranty was worth the extra cost.

Love my van
By Happy in Indiana on 04/30/09 16:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am happy with my new Sienna. I had a 530xi BMW before this and before my BMW had an Odyssey. The Honda was too loud and felt big for me to consider this time. I was choosing between the Sienna or Enclave or Highlander. The van handles well. I would like for it to have a little more power too, but is enough for most people. I am a bit concerned about the automatic passenger doors. They have not stopped when something has been in the way. A friend of mine just purchased a Sienna because she liked hers so much and showed the kids how the door was supposed to retract and it didn't and she injured her hand... make sure you try this feature out at the dealership. Gas mileage not great.

Traded in '03 Odyssey or '09 Sienna XLE
By carolynbe on 03/01/09 20:49 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just traded in our '03 Odyssey EX-L w/DVD for an '09 Sienna XLE w/ DVD & leather + xtras. I thought my Odyssey was the ultimate family friendly car but this is even better. The Sienna is very well thought out with lots of storage compartments scattered about. Very easy for 3rd row passengers to get into with tumble-forward 2nd row seats. The drive is very smooth and car like. With the Ody, I often felt there was a huge amount of car behind me. The Sienna is a significantly quieter inside than the Ody. All the seats are very comfortable. I really like the center console in the front row - it has a deep center storage bin that is perfect for the DVD headphones.

A solid feeling car but...
By Beca on 12/07/08 15:15 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased a 2009 Sienna XLE in October. I never thought to ask if it was winterized. With the first dusting of snow I skidded around, and found out the antilock brakes do work. My windows are frozen shut, it is 20 degrees here, but will be getting much colder. So I came home and got into my 13 yr old Ford Windstar, that I did not slide and the windows are not frozen, even though it too is sitting outside. I guess the all "season tires" that are OE need replaced for the winter. And I will have to be sure it is winterized. The dealers said you can't special order. It seems that for $30,000 you shouldn't have to "settle

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan in VA is:

$116 per month*