2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
You would think I would be happy.
By spadedevil on 04/02/13 12:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Went from a 1996 Chrysler Town & Country to a 2009 Toyota Sienna. It feels like every time I turn around some little thing is breaking. It just doesn't seem like the quality that I was expecting is there. Stupid little things bothered me at first. Things that were on my 1996 I had expected would be standard by 2009. Memory seats, light in the glove box, turn signal control lights. As I drive it more things started to break. Folding seat in the back wont fold. Power adapter in the rear of the vehicle clips broke and pushed inside the wall, sliding door seal started coming off. Sliding door sometimes decides not to work. Thankfully nothing engine wise yet, but I don't have much won't

isn't holding up well
By wmau on 09/28/11 05:06 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the sienna only because of the 8 seater and the local dealer offers a life time guarantee on the transmission. Everything seems to need to be replaced just as the warrenty runs out - brakes, tires, etc.. This spring (only 1 1/2 year old car) the left passenger door broke and recently at less than 2 years old the right side broke. The estimate is over $4000 to fix them. The reason I was told is that we drive too much. Dealer informed us that we should only be driving 13k miles per year.

Bad, Bad A/C
By M Perez on 07/22/09 09:55 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a new van so that my wife and kids would not have to deal with all the aches associated with an old car. We live in So Cal where the summer temps go over 100 deg. The A/C on the van has stopped blowing cold air on 5 separate occasions. This happens either when stopped or driving so it's not even a consistent problem. We take it to the dealer and they say they can't find anything wrong with it. I had previously purchased a Camry with NO problems. Thinking Toyota was more reliable I purchased this car for my wife and it was a BAD mistake. Next time I will go with a Honda for the family van.

Good Minivan But Engine Humming Noise
By ChrisYL on 05/01/09 13:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 2009 Sienna LE in Dec 2008 in Orange, CA. Everything is good, drive smooth, roomy, comft. However shortly after driving, I start to hear engine humming noise, sometimes loud, sometimes not there. Happening specially at acceleration. My friend's 2007 has similar problem, others on Edmunds Discussion site mentioned same problem. Any of you seen this problem?

Fits Out Needs
By utahmom on 09/27/08 07:39 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Has a very smooth ride and short turn radius. Good interior storage capabilities compared to other vans we have owned.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Sienna Minivan in VA is:

$118 per month*