Used 2009 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Hate it!
By Kimberli

2009 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We traded in our 2002 "Jalopy" Grand Caravan for this van. It is my first brand new car EVEr! I am so disappointed in the reliability. I've had a front end noise that dlrshp can't duplicate, my brake/accelerator footpad shivers at certain speeds and in certain road conditions. Again dlrshp cannot duplicate. Most importantly, long road trips 4+ hours are horrible. The "lumbar support" is unsupportive and lower back hurts after just 2 hours!

Favorite Features

Sliding passenger doors and fold down 3rd row

Suggested Improvements

Better lumbar support! Pay attention to quality vs. quantity Toyoda-san. Hai domo arigato gozaimasu.

Toyota...American Stye
By chastek

2009 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our van serves as daily people hauler and weekend plaything for a family with four kids. It's very roomy with plenty of interior storage and cleverly designed seats. The fit and finish is not as good as our Lexus, but is probably better than average. The powertrain is super smooth and it never lacks for power, even when fully loaded. We average 22mpg in mixed driving.

Favorite Features

The engine/transmission Smooth ride Ample storage.

Suggested Improvements

Warning chime when rear vent windows left open. Relocate eyeglass holder and rear HVAC controls to more accessible locations Rear seat power ports. Strap to avoid rear center seatbelts from falling below seat when folding.

Outstanding
By bobsienna

2009 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best vehicle that I have ever had. It is very comfortable and a joy to drive. There is plenty of room to carry things. I wish I had it when my kids were in college to haul many pairs of shoes. It gets good mileage on the highway but not so good in town, however I drove a PT Cruiser for a few days and only got 2 MPG better mileage.

Favorite Features

Comfort and carrying room.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage.

Grille design allows condenser damage
By Dave Shantz

2009 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just found out my AC condenser leaked all the freon due to a stone impact. The openings in the front grille measure two inches by three- quarters of an inch. This design allows stones to impact the condenser directly behind the grille. The $1300 repair cost should be covered under warranty, but it's NOT!!!! I bought a new car so that I wouldn't have to pay for these kind of repair costs. Buyer beware.

Suggested Improvements

Decrease the opening size on the grille so that the condenser isn't damaged by normal road stone kick up.

All I Hoped For
By bucaneer

2009 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the 2009 LE recently and took on a 1,500 mile round trip. Highway only mileage was 26 mpg and 27 mpg on consecutive fill ups. Mixed mileage has been roughly 19-20 mpg. Seats are extremely comfortable on a long drive. No rattles, no squeaks, no blemishes on finishes or rough edges. Power doors are very easy to use as are the middle row seats to tumble and the back seats to fold into the floor. The back storage well is huge and swallows gear and upright suitcases. Gauges are easy to read with one exception. I am six foot three and cannot see the top portion of the speedometer even with a movable steering wheel. Great highway cruiser and super easy to handle, does not wander.

Favorite Features

Capacity, flexibility, visibility, mileage (it is after all a van), driving feel and seats that are world class for comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Key pad locks like Ford, self dimming mirror, locking wheels covers that are not an option.