2009 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Hate it!
By Kimberli on 04/22/10 19:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We traded in our 2002 "Jalopy" Grand Caravan for this van. It is my first brand new car EVEr! I am so disappointed in the reliability. I've had a front end noise that dlrshp can't duplicate, my brake/accelerator footpad shivers at certain speeds and in certain road conditions. Again dlrshp cannot duplicate. Most importantly, long road trips 4+ hours are horrible. The "lumbar support" is unsupportive and lower back hurts after just 2 hours!

Toyota...American Stye
By chastek on 11/20/09 20:04 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our van serves as daily people hauler and weekend plaything for a family with four kids. It's very roomy with plenty of interior storage and cleverly designed seats. The fit and finish is not as good as our Lexus, but is probably better than average. The powertrain is super smooth and it never lacks for power, even when fully loaded. We average 22mpg in mixed driving.

Outstanding
By bobsienna on 09/11/09 17:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best vehicle that I have ever had. It is very comfortable and a joy to drive. There is plenty of room to carry things. I wish I had it when my kids were in college to haul many pairs of shoes. It gets good mileage on the highway but not so good in town, however I drove a PT Cruiser for a few days and only got 2 MPG better mileage.

Grille design allows condenser damage
By Dave Shantz on 06/24/09 09:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just found out my AC condenser leaked all the freon due to a stone impact. The openings in the front grille measure two inches by three- quarters of an inch. This design allows stones to impact the condenser directly behind the grille. The $1300 repair cost should be covered under warranty, but it's NOT!!!! I bought a new car so that I wouldn't have to pay for these kind of repair costs. Buyer beware.

All I Hoped For
By bucaneer on 06/02/09 08:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the 2009 LE recently and took on a 1,500 mile round trip. Highway only mileage was 26 mpg and 27 mpg on consecutive fill ups. Mixed mileage has been roughly 19-20 mpg. Seats are extremely comfortable on a long drive. No rattles, no squeaks, no blemishes on finishes or rough edges. Power doors are very easy to use as are the middle row seats to tumble and the back seats to fold into the floor. The back storage well is huge and swallows gear and upright suitcases. Gauges are easy to read with one exception. I am six foot three and cannot see the top portion of the speedometer even with a movable steering wheel. Great highway cruiser and super easy to handle, does not wander.

Not that Bad
By Jibs on 05/31/09 10:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just recently bought this vehicle. It only has about 500+ plus mile so far. The van is spacious and comfortable. Like the lumbar support for the seat. Interior design is so perfect. MPG is avg compared to its peers.

Very satisfied
By lax315 on 05/02/09 17:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

From the moment my wife and I drove the new van we were completely hooked... it drives really smooth and effortlessly. I am really surprised and happy at how well the dealership has been since we purchased the vehicle and could not be more satisfied with the sales staff. We have five children and the vehicle is very durable and spacious for the kids, and the rear compartment is extremely valuable with all of its room for storage. The dvd and sound system is amazing, love the comfortable seats and leg room in the interior. The van controls are really easy and my wife became very comfortable with them quite quickly. Overall this van is a solid 9.5 out of 10. Would recommend van to anybody.

First Time Toyota Owner
By New Sienna Owner on 04/04/09 19:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my new Sienna LE about two weeks ago. I needed a safe, comfortable, reliable and good looking van to carry my family. I got all of that – plus a surprise – great gas mileage. The overhead multi-info display was showing an average of 27 mpg while driving on the freeway but I expected it was lower. It turned out to be 25.7 mpg from fill-up to fill- up. The interior trim looks beautiful. A road I must pass over every day has lots of potholes and patches. My other vehicle rattles like crazy over this area but the Sienna does not make a sound and stays in complete control. All-in-all, a great vehicle and a great value.

Simply The Best
By John on 08/09/08 22:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at the Honda Odyssey and The Chrysler T&C and I think the Sienna has them beat by a long shot. I got more features for my money on the Sienna LE. I thought the Sienna rode like a Lexus. The Sienna has a 266HP V6 and it moves this van with some authority. I also get 21 mpg city/26 hiway.

Simply the Best
By Sam on 08/03/08 12:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2009 Toyota Sienna a few days ago and already put 200 miles on it. I love driving it, it is very comfortable both the ride and all the seats. The power of the 3.5L V6 is amazing for being in such a big van. I have 200 miles on my van and i just got to a half tank, the engine is not yet broken in yet. The DVD player is clear and it comes with an awesome JBL sound system. I would recommend the Sienna over any minivan. It comes standard with the Toyota Star Safety System, which has VSC, Traction control, ABS, Brake assist, and 7 standard airbags. Go look at one, you won't be disappointed.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Sienna in VA is:

$118 per month*