Used 2009 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

7 Years in.... Will never go without AWD!
By Lee

2009 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

As a Mercedes E63 owner I can not believe that my best vehicle I've ever owned is our Sienna AWD limited 2009. After 7 years of family fun - I have no complaints. we have decided to keep it for years to come and purchase a new Sienna as our long trip vehicle using the older one for day to day and teaching the now teenager to drive. I'm writing more to focus on the AWD version - we are a mini van family - but the Sienna was our first AWD - purchased for the occasional trips to mountains for sking - but to the contrary we use it almost every day!!! Turning a sharp right turn into a highway - no problem - no spinning front tire - wet pavement - wow amazing control.

THE BEST VAN MONEY CAN BUY
By zama

2009 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The best minivan can you can buy don't listen other people who are picky and u never made them happy

You would think I would be happy.
By spadedevil

2009 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Went from a 1996 Chrysler Town & Country to a 2009 Toyota Sienna.
It feels like every time I turn around some little thing is breaking.
It just doesn't seem like the quality that I was expecting is there.
Stupid little things bothered me at first.
Things that were on my 1996 I had expected would be standard by 2009.
Memory seats, light in the glove box, turn signal control lights.
As I drive it more things started to break.
Folding seat in the back wont fold.
Power adapter in the rear of the vehicle clips broke and pushed inside the wall, sliding door seal started coming off.
Sliding door sometimes decides not to work.
Thankfully nothing engine wise yet, but I don't have much won't

Power sliding doors

Look at the Town & Country and put the same features in. Build the car with long term use in mind.

isn't holding up well
By wmau

2009 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the sienna only because of the 8 seater and the local dealer offers a life time guarantee on the transmission. Everything seems to need to be replaced just as the warrenty runs out - brakes, tires, etc.. This spring (only 1 1/2 year old car) the left passenger door broke and recently at less than 2 years old the right side broke. The estimate is over $4000 to fix them. The
reason I was told is that we drive too much. Dealer informed us that we should only be driving 13k miles per year.

Parts that last longer. Recently read that the average suburban commuter drives 32k miles per year; we live in the country. Make a car that lasts longer or up the warrenty. If a door can't last at least 2 years something is wrong.

Great So Far
By rs118

2009 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Never had a car this big so it's easy to love the huge space. Captains chairs are great for the toddlers. Third row works for two large adults after configuring all seats. Really nice inside. Much smoother and quieter than the Odyssey I'm familiar with and tested. 13,000 miles, just regular maintenance. Occasionally when starting the van, the JBL stereo lights are off and the volume knob won't work. Using volume on the steering wheel seems to correct it. Engine is a little loud, seems like a loud exhaust note at times, but quiet when cruising. Tires wearing quickly. Only 17 mpg in city driving. People don't hear us well on Bluetooth, cheap no-name aftermarket is better.

Power doors and lift gate, deep trunk space behind third row, built-in sunshades, smooth quite ride. For a family van, why look for agility and handling if you must sacrifice a significant amount of quiet and comfort or space? Especially when the choices with agility and handling are slower?

Slightly bigger 17" tires or perhaps 18". Better quality stereo / bluetooth option. Easier options packages. Hood shocks, but the hood is pretty short. Since it has power doors, and the stereo light is on the blink, I'll look into an extended warranty. Should have got one before the recalls!