My 2nd Sienna - Great but nav is awful
By New England Family on
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
This is my second Sienna (the first was a 2004 and was great). We bought this with the package #4 (rear DVD, navigation, leather) and like the comfort a lot. What is clear at this point though is that our $799 Garmin 760 add-on for our other car is MUCH better for navigation. On a recent trip from between New England and DC, the Toyota system kept trying to take us off the obvious main interstates onto other interstates and side highways and some local roads - even with interstates allowed in the options - it did this again and again and has left us VERY disappointed in what is supposed to be a high end feature. The van itself is wonderful - best for comfort / quiet / ride.
Favorite Features
I love the design - I think it's the prettiest minivan going. It's so quite (which is great with kids), handles well, very smooth - all good features for a van that's going to haul you and yours on family trips everywhere.
Suggested Improvements
As noted, the navigation system is terrible. Toyota should scrap whatever they're using and go with Navteq. It's almost a crime that they're charging for this unit as an up-market option given that it performs so badly. Individual air flow control on each rear vent would be nice.