2008 Toyota Sienna 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - If you have captain chair

2008 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Review

CE 7-Passenger Passenger Minivan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

If you have captain chair in 2nd row beware!
By roadtripmom on

2008 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Toyota I have owned so naturally it's a brand I think I can trust. We bought van with the 2 captain chairs with arm-rests. The chair that sits behind the front passengear (seat belt is not attached to the wall of the car) I believe does not work properly. BE WARNED--If you recline the chair more then 90 degrees the seatbelt will tighten until you cannot move. Or if you are reclined at more than 90 degrees, you will not be able to strap yourself in. Have complained to Toyota and they told me this is the "design" of the chair and not a flaw. They refuse to fix or are incapable of fixing. This Toyota will be our last. Do not get DVD player from dealer. Others have same issue?

Favorite Features

Roomy in the back and great for road trips

Suggested Improvements

DVD player installed from dealer is of poor quality for the amount of money paid. 2nd row chair needs to be re-designed so that it is functional and not a hazard. The air circulation button tends to turn off /on by it's self. They say this was an "improvement" in the design. Go buy a Honda!