AC line corrosion
By 8isenuf on
2008 Toyota Sienna CE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Love this van, like the design much better than the new one....but....we had our AC line replaced under warranty last summer, this summer we find that 3 other lines are also needing replacement due to corrosion...Toyota and the dealers offered us 50% shared cost for repairs, but, this should not be happening. The cost to us is still $1900.00, and, we are wondering if this will be an annual cost to keep the air in our vehicle? Toyota Canada stated this is not an issue with the Sienna and there is no recall or fix for this issue...
Favorite Features
Love the 8passenger seating , smooth drive
Suggested Improvements
Do a fix for the AC line corrosion issue, no way a 3 year old 52,000km vehicle should need $4000.00 repair to corroded lines, apparently the lines are connected behind a rear wheel well... A fix needs to happen for this
By mcdougald
on 07/21/13 08:39 AM (PDT)

This same thing is currently happening to my 2008 LE. Same thing to the service technician at toyota dealership.

By puttri
on 08/15/14 12:12 PM (PDT)

I also own 2008 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan, My A/C stopped working at 59K miles I was told 4 lines corrosion. Now the Toyota has to issue a recall for this bad quality cable design.