2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Great van
By RR on 11/15/07 18:43 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great van with lots of power. Other minivans that I've driven (Dodge, Kia) struggled going up hills or at high speeds. The Sienna handles beautifully. The power doors are a very inexpensive option on the LE and are great. If you are looking for an 8 passenger minivan, Sienna is the best option. Most other minivans don't offer 8 seats. The Honda Odyssey does, but it has a very weird half-size 8th seat.

My 2nd Sienna - Great but nav is awful
By New England Family on 11/09/07 18:20 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Sienna (the first was a 2004 and was great). We bought this with the package #4 (rear DVD, navigation, leather) and like the comfort a lot. What is clear at this point though is that our $799 Garmin 760 add-on for our other car is MUCH better for navigation. On a recent trip from between New England and DC, the Toyota system kept trying to take us off the obvious main interstates onto other interstates and side highways and some local roads - even with interstates allowed in the options - it did this again and again and has left us VERY disappointed in what is supposed to be a high end feature. The van itself is wonderful - best for comfort / quiet / ride.

So Far, GREAT!
By KYFamilyMan on 11/08/07 12:35 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this to replace a 10 year old Windstar. This was a HUGE improvement! Standard things are upgrades for us. The little things make this a special vehicle, like the grocery bag hooks, the fold away back seats, and the speed sensitive radio with 6 disc CD changer. No major road trips, yet, but looking forward to one soon. This van handles like a car, but has all the comforts of a van. Cornering is unreal. Gas mileage is in the 22 range around town. An average adult is comfortable in any of the seats, too. My only wish is for a DC outlet, or at least an AC outlet in the middle seat area, and the motor is a little noisy.

The Best
By Susan on 11/05/07 22:15 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It has all the features you could want. I love the power of this 3.5L V6, I catch myself speeding a lot, and racing people from stoplights and actually winning in the mommy mobile. It gets decent gas mileage about 21 mpg around town. The JBL sound system is very nice and so is the DVD system. The seats are very comfy and the ride is smooth and quiet. you cannot go wrong with this van.

2008 Sienna XLE
By Joanne on 11/02/07 18:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Toyota Sienna XLE model. I am now on my 4th one. I just purchased the 2008 model with sonar, moonroof, heated seats, Bluetooth. It is awesome. When I was ready to purchase a new car I drove several, determined that my next car would not be a mini-van. However, already being a Sienna owner ('04 model) nothing else I drove compared with the roomy interior, comfortable seats, high end dash and control panel, and options. I have plenty of room to carry kids as well as adults. The third row of seats can easily handle 3 adults. Many of the crossovers have 3rd row seats that are too difficult to get into or not comfortable for adults. Also, I drove the buick enclave and loved it.

AWD?
By KJS on 11/02/07 08:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Sienna, along with Odyssey, is the top pick in this segment. As such, there is very little to complain about. The only thing dislike is the run flats that are standard on AWD models. The rigid side walls transmit every little bumps on the road. If you want a cushy ride then do NOT get AWD models. Every things else is just great. Functionality is well thought out and suited for family life. Many cup holders , bag hooks, and other minor details add up to a very usable car.

The Best!
By John on 11/01/07 18:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 08 XLE for almost a month, it has been awesome. The engine is very strong and i have no problems passing cars on the freeway. I average about 21 mpg around town and on the open road i have gotten up to 28 mpg cruising at 70 mph. The seats are very comfortable and the ride is smooth like a Lexus and quiet too. The JBL sound system is awesome and the navigation system is very easy to use and has bluetooth and satellite radio. The build quality is top notch and resale value is the best.

The best
By JJ on 10/29/07 17:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 08 LE for 2 weeks and it has been great. It has a lot of power, I think it can hit 0-60 in 7 seconds. The fuel economy is great, I average 20 mpg city and up to 28 mpg highway. The seats are very comfy, the dvd screen is clear and the JBL sound system rocks! I recommend it to anyone.

New and great experience
By svofan1 on 10/27/07 04:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2nd Toyota I own, first one is a Corolla LE 1990,102k miles. Toyota is an almost perfect builder. Never experienced such comfort and workmanship in a van (had a 200 Windstar Limited). All the controls make sense. I have the van for a short time but very pleased. So far this van exceeds my expectations in fit finish and quality overall.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.