2008 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews 8

2008 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Granny pleased
By Judge on 01/28/08 09:48 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 8 Passenger sold my wife It can haul all of our grand kids and the mid seat that positions foreward is great for the 14 mo old to be accessed while driving and hold car seat. It has been getting over 24 mpg on the road. Fits in the garage better also.

Great Van - BAD NAVIGATION
By Great van - Bad Nav on 01/19/08 13:51 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great van! The quality is great...Toyota. The layout is comfortable. The only negative about the van is the GPS navigation system. Many secondary roads are not on the map. You cannot use the controls while the vehicle is moving. Toyota says it is because of safety, however if you have a passenger along, you can't find a hotel or a place to eat. A real pain. Don't get the GPS, buy an after market model that works on the move. The Toyota GPS is not user friendly and has a poor map (that you pay a fee to update). I have a hand held Garmin that is far superior. Again, great van that I really love just don't waste your money on the poor navigation system.

1st Sienna - Previous T&C Owner
By 1stSienna on 12/14/07 11:03 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall pretty satisfied. Plenty of power. Very tight turning radius makes it easy to park. JBL surround sound system works great with DVD player. Wireless head phones sound good and are comfortable. Mileage around town only 16-17 but engine not yet broken in. Hopefully will improve. Ride is comfortable and quite but a bit on the "soft" side, would prefer tighter more responsive suspension. Power sliding doors have to be turned either on or off, and if on, manual operation is not possible.

Big, Comfortable Van, dont call it mini.
By banerz on 12/13/07 20:56 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this VAN (its no mini) to upgrade from my '04 Corolla (loved it) as expecting family to grow soon. It is huge!! Very comfy for passengers, but very vague for the driver! Rolls during cornering with soft tuned suspension and soft brakes. Interior is very quiet. Great for cargo haul - has shopping hooks for grocery. Folding console in first row gives driver mobility inside the van. Gas mileage is 20-22 in town; Toyota's great build quality, but wish was slightly smaller and more engaging. Need to adjust to its gas guzzling habit during pick up. Toyota give a Hybrid option to help its pickup without compromising mileage.

Great van
By RR on 11/15/07 18:43 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great van with lots of power. Other minivans that I've driven (Dodge, Kia) struggled going up hills or at high speeds. The Sienna handles beautifully. The power doors are a very inexpensive option on the LE and are great. If you are looking for an 8 passenger minivan, Sienna is the best option. Most other minivans don't offer 8 seats. The Honda Odyssey does, but it has a very weird half-size 8th seat.

My 2nd Sienna - Great but nav is awful
By New England Family on 11/09/07 18:20 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Sienna (the first was a 2004 and was great). We bought this with the package #4 (rear DVD, navigation, leather) and like the comfort a lot. What is clear at this point though is that our $799 Garmin 760 add-on for our other car is MUCH better for navigation. On a recent trip from between New England and DC, the Toyota system kept trying to take us off the obvious main interstates onto other interstates and side highways and some local roads - even with interstates allowed in the options - it did this again and again and has left us VERY disappointed in what is supposed to be a high end feature. The van itself is wonderful - best for comfort / quiet / ride.

So Far, GREAT!
By KYFamilyMan on 11/08/07 12:35 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this to replace a 10 year old Windstar. This was a HUGE improvement! Standard things are upgrades for us. The little things make this a special vehicle, like the grocery bag hooks, the fold away back seats, and the speed sensitive radio with 6 disc CD changer. No major road trips, yet, but looking forward to one soon. This van handles like a car, but has all the comforts of a van. Cornering is unreal. Gas mileage is in the 22 range around town. An average adult is comfortable in any of the seats, too. My only wish is for a DC outlet, or at least an AC outlet in the middle seat area, and the motor is a little noisy.

The Best
By Susan on 11/05/07 22:15 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It has all the features you could want. I love the power of this 3.5L V6, I catch myself speeding a lot, and racing people from stoplights and actually winning in the mommy mobile. It gets decent gas mileage about 21 mpg around town. The JBL sound system is very nice and so is the DVD system. The seats are very comfy and the ride is smooth and quiet. you cannot go wrong with this van.

2008 Sienna XLE
By Joanne on 11/02/07 18:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Toyota Sienna XLE model. I am now on my 4th one. I just purchased the 2008 model with sonar, moonroof, heated seats, Bluetooth. It is awesome. When I was ready to purchase a new car I drove several, determined that my next car would not be a mini-van. However, already being a Sienna owner ('04 model) nothing else I drove compared with the roomy interior, comfortable seats, high end dash and control panel, and options. I have plenty of room to carry kids as well as adults. The third row of seats can easily handle 3 adults. Many of the crossovers have 3rd row seats that are too difficult to get into or not comfortable for adults. Also, I drove the buick enclave and loved it.

AWD?
By KJS on 11/02/07 08:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Sienna, along with Odyssey, is the top pick in this segment. As such, there is very little to complain about. The only thing dislike is the run flats that are standard on AWD models. The rigid side walls transmit every little bumps on the road. If you want a cushy ride then do NOT get AWD models. Every things else is just great. Functionality is well thought out and suited for family life. Many cup holders , bag hooks, and other minor details add up to a very usable car.