2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
My 3 month update on 08 sienna
By krispykreme on 03/27/08 04:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd sienna. Replacing the 70k miles 04 in december. The new V6 is more powerful yet does not consume much more gas than 04 (20 vs 21.3). The navi is improved over the 04. The ride is just smooth. We also have a 07 odyssey, which ride much rougher and gets a lot worse gas mileage. Sienna handling is loose and brake are soft. However, the interior design is much better than Odyssey. We like the captain seat on the Sienna over the captains on the Odyssey. However, I really wished that Sienna offers 8 pax model for limited. One thing we also liked was that Sienna is a lot more roomier than Odyssey especially the 3rd row. Overal Sienna is just a superior van. Also love HID.

Sienna should be called Lexus
By Arav Shivakumar on 03/14/08 19:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Cannot believe minivan rides could be this comfortable. When we started to look for minivans we checked out Honda Odyssey and Nissan Quest. Very soon we decided it's going to be either Sienna or Odyssey. Quest was out of choice. Sienna's comfort and ride satisfaction was way higher than Odyssey and we instantly liked it. Sienna seems to use Electronic Brake Distribution, which makes the brakes feel lighter but efficient. Very minimal steering action is required for turns. All you need is a pinky finger to drive this excellent minivan. Arctic Frost Pearl color looks great even at the nighttime!

The Best
By Mona on 02/25/08 13:22 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We took a look at 3 minivans, the Chrysler Town & Country Touring, Honda Odyssey EX-L RES, and Toyota Sienna XLE with extra value package 4. The Sienna has the best ride of all three and handles well. The engine just blows the others away. I wasn't looking for power to win stoplight races but I got it, but I wanted the power for passing or emergency maneuvers requiring power. The quality of the Toyota was the best. I average 21.3 mpg in my Sienna. Toyota Sienna is the best van on the market.

Mom of 3 loves her new minivan
By Mom of 3 on 02/20/08 09:46 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Sienna or Odyssey? It's like 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. The two are both excellent, safe minivans, and if you have to have a minivan, either one will serve you well. I traded in a 2002 Chrysler Town & Country for the '08 Sienna because it felt more refined, and was more attractive inside and out than the Odyssey. The Odyssey has a tighter wheel and firmer ride--some call it more sporty. The Sienna's steering is looser, so you may not feel as if you have as much control, but you do. The Sienna's ride is incredibly smooth, and the turning radius is tight (for a minivan). There is hardly any road noise, and in my Limited there are more features than I know what to do with.

Best Looking Minivan
By 8driver on 02/15/08 15:25 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We chose the Sienna over the Honda on price. We could get most the options on the Sienna that we wanted. It seemed with the Honda that it was all or nothing and not too many options. We like the people/cargo volume you get for the price. The van has a surprisingly tight turning radius, good for parking. I wish the power tailgate was an optional item. I would rather have that powered than the 2 side doors. The interior is pretty cheap looking and basically not pretty inside. The ergonomics of the stereo stink! The engine is kind of rough sounding at times if you listen for it and the transmission can be a little jerky in certain situations. The ride could better. Overall we're happy.

Great Van and Smart Move
By Rich on 02/07/08 11:52 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in a gas hog, this van's great, loaded all the grand kids and went christmas light looking. Ride is smooth, handles great. Middle seats are tough to get out and put back in. Lots of room.

Granny pleased
By Judge on 01/28/08 09:48 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 8 Passenger sold my wife It can haul all of our grand kids and the mid seat that positions foreward is great for the 14 mo old to be accessed while driving and hold car seat. It has been getting over 24 mpg on the road. Fits in the garage better also.

Great Van - BAD NAVIGATION
By Great van - Bad Nav on 01/19/08 13:51 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great van! The quality is great...Toyota. The layout is comfortable. The only negative about the van is the GPS navigation system. Many secondary roads are not on the map. You cannot use the controls while the vehicle is moving. Toyota says it is because of safety, however if you have a passenger along, you can't find a hotel or a place to eat. A real pain. Don't get the GPS, buy an after market model that works on the move. The Toyota GPS is not user friendly and has a poor map (that you pay a fee to update). I have a hand held Garmin that is far superior. Again, great van that I really love just don't waste your money on the poor navigation system.

1st Sienna - Previous T&C Owner
By 1stSienna on 12/14/07 11:03 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall pretty satisfied. Plenty of power. Very tight turning radius makes it easy to park. JBL surround sound system works great with DVD player. Wireless head phones sound good and are comfortable. Mileage around town only 16-17 but engine not yet broken in. Hopefully will improve. Ride is comfortable and quite but a bit on the "soft" side, would prefer tighter more responsive suspension. Power sliding doors have to be turned either on or off, and if on, manual operation is not possible.

Big, Comfortable Van, dont call it mini.
By banerz on 12/13/07 20:56 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this VAN (its no mini) to upgrade from my '04 Corolla (loved it) as expecting family to grow soon. It is huge!! Very comfy for passengers, but very vague for the driver! Rolls during cornering with soft tuned suspension and soft brakes. Interior is very quiet. Great for cargo haul - has shopping hooks for grocery. Folding console in first row gives driver mobility inside the van. Gas mileage is 20-22 in town; Toyota's great build quality, but wish was slightly smaller and more engaging. Need to adjust to its gas guzzling habit during pick up. Toyota give a Hybrid option to help its pickup without compromising mileage.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan in NJ is:

$195 per month*