2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Great van!
By Steve on 05/12/08 09:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We got ours about 6 weeks ago, and are very pleased. We replaced a 2001 Mazda MPV, which I thought was a "perfect" size. I was a little worried the Sienna was going to be too big, but it's really nice having the extra space, and it still fits in our garage (just barely). It's very smooth, quiet, and powerful, and even the CE version that they make for cheapskates like me had all the features we wanted. The sliding doors operate easily, and the "tumble forward" middle row seats give easy access to the 3rd row.

Best!
By Will on 04/13/08 23:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best van on the market today hands down. It has a powerful engine that gets good gas mileage, about 21-22 mpg mixed city and highway driving with up to 26 mpg on the highway. The JBL system is amazing. The dvd player is great and it shows clear. The navigation system is great with a nice review camera. The power folding 3rd row is wonderful. The seats and ride are extremely comfortable.

Best Van for Grandparents
By Dan Trevors on 04/03/08 13:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was in the market for a crossover, but found all of them to be too small for the kids and grandkids so we opted for the best minivan on the planet. I have back problems and the cloth seats on the LE are very comfortable. Much better than the leather. Mileage is about as promised. Power is very responsive. I would not go so far as to say it is fun to drive, but the safety systems put my mind at ease. We have two couples that we travel with and they love the room in the second and third seats. Enough cup holders for two armies.

Avoid all wheel drive
By cdrake on 04/02/08 03:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Avoid all wheel drive; here's why; the run flat tires. These tires will only last you about 10-20k miles. They are very costly (2 replaced last week cost me 600). They also are not easily replaced by tire dealerships. So, let's say you are on a vacation, the light comes on, you have 50 miles to drive before the tire shreds, and no available place to fix the tire within 100 miles. Get the picture? The AWD additional mechanisms take up the room in which the spare tire would be located, so run flats were the solution. This van also averages only 17 miles per gallon. In summary, well built, poor gas mileage, and costly, hard to replace, and quick to wear out, tires, even with 3k rotations.

My 3 month update on 08 sienna
By krispykreme on 03/27/08 04:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd sienna. Replacing the 70k miles 04 in december. The new V6 is more powerful yet does not consume much more gas than 04 (20 vs 21.3). The navi is improved over the 04. The ride is just smooth. We also have a 07 odyssey, which ride much rougher and gets a lot worse gas mileage. Sienna handling is loose and brake are soft. However, the interior design is much better than Odyssey. We like the captain seat on the Sienna over the captains on the Odyssey. However, I really wished that Sienna offers 8 pax model for limited. One thing we also liked was that Sienna is a lot more roomier than Odyssey especially the 3rd row. Overal Sienna is just a superior van. Also love HID.

Sienna should be called Lexus
By Arav Shivakumar on 03/14/08 19:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Cannot believe minivan rides could be this comfortable. When we started to look for minivans we checked out Honda Odyssey and Nissan Quest. Very soon we decided it's going to be either Sienna or Odyssey. Quest was out of choice. Sienna's comfort and ride satisfaction was way higher than Odyssey and we instantly liked it. Sienna seems to use Electronic Brake Distribution, which makes the brakes feel lighter but efficient. Very minimal steering action is required for turns. All you need is a pinky finger to drive this excellent minivan. Arctic Frost Pearl color looks great even at the nighttime!

The Best
By Mona on 02/25/08 13:22 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We took a look at 3 minivans, the Chrysler Town & Country Touring, Honda Odyssey EX-L RES, and Toyota Sienna XLE with extra value package 4. The Sienna has the best ride of all three and handles well. The engine just blows the others away. I wasn't looking for power to win stoplight races but I got it, but I wanted the power for passing or emergency maneuvers requiring power. The quality of the Toyota was the best. I average 21.3 mpg in my Sienna. Toyota Sienna is the best van on the market.

Mom of 3 loves her new minivan
By Mom of 3 on 02/20/08 09:46 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Sienna or Odyssey? It's like 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. The two are both excellent, safe minivans, and if you have to have a minivan, either one will serve you well. I traded in a 2002 Chrysler Town & Country for the '08 Sienna because it felt more refined, and was more attractive inside and out than the Odyssey. The Odyssey has a tighter wheel and firmer ride--some call it more sporty. The Sienna's steering is looser, so you may not feel as if you have as much control, but you do. The Sienna's ride is incredibly smooth, and the turning radius is tight (for a minivan). There is hardly any road noise, and in my Limited there are more features than I know what to do with.

Best Looking Minivan
By 8driver on 02/15/08 15:25 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We chose the Sienna over the Honda on price. We could get most the options on the Sienna that we wanted. It seemed with the Honda that it was all or nothing and not too many options. We like the people/cargo volume you get for the price. The van has a surprisingly tight turning radius, good for parking. I wish the power tailgate was an optional item. I would rather have that powered than the 2 side doors. The interior is pretty cheap looking and basically not pretty inside. The ergonomics of the stereo stink! The engine is kind of rough sounding at times if you listen for it and the transmission can be a little jerky in certain situations. The ride could better. Overall we're happy.

Great Van and Smart Move
By Rich on 02/07/08 11:52 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in a gas hog, this van's great, loaded all the grand kids and went christmas light looking. Ride is smooth, handles great. Middle seats are tough to get out and put back in. Lots of room.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.