Used 2008 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Great Trip Car
By Bob Ricci

2008 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned the car for slightly over 2 years. Over-the-road driving is very comfortable with plenty of cabin space and power. This van with a 266 hp engine has a lot of pep! Fuel economy is nominal. The engine is noisy however but dealer says it's normal for the type of motor used.

Heated seats, back up alert, and leather seats.

Better sound conditioning.

I'm too tall for this vehicle
By a bit disappointed

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm 6 feet tall and my husband is 6'2". This vehicle is designed for much shorter drivers. There is not much thigh support and 3 hour drives are torture. I am looking to find a "booster seat" type of seat for me because I'd planned to have this van for many years. I bought it because I had a used 2000 Sienna XLE that I flipped over on icy roads and no one was hurt although the van was totaled. I am disappointed because I am so uncomfortable driving it. It is currently at the dealership because the radio malfunctioned and one of the tire pressure gauges is broken and shows that we always have a low tire. I love Toyota normally but have been so disappointed with this one.

I love how easily the seats convert and the amount of room for the kids.

Don't assume that only 5"7" moms are going to drive it.

Get the leather
By sylvia

2008 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I often have elderly persons in this vehicle and they have all commented on the comfort of the leather seats and the spaciousness of the cabin. When it's empty & the seats are stowed there's plenty of room for hauling. I traded in an 8cyl Jeep which was seriously noisy; Sienna is quiet by comparison, but still loud on the freeway. I've had it just over 18 months and, knock wood, not a think has gone wrong. Mileage exactly as stated by the manufacturer (not to say it has great mileage but I am saying the advertised MPG is truthful).

The sonar is great - it's kept me out of two fender benders. Leather seats are comfortable & easy to clean, good turning radius, love the automatic side & rear doors. Row 3 seat removal is easy; just stow in the floor. Large trunk area when all seats are up. 6- trac CD player, automatic sunroof.

Would like a quieter cabin while driving freeways.

Love my Van!
By Anita

2008 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I don't even have any small kids. I have a son playing football 650 miles from home and have driven this van in all kinds of conditions. I haven't had a major problem at all in 40K miles. We got it so loaded up that my friend calls it a "living room on wheels". My dealer is a gem! I developed a little rattle and they took care of it 1-2-3 can gave me a loaner for the day. The car tailgates like a champ. The automatic tailgate is a great convenience when my arms are full. It's the most reliable car (my first Toyota) that I've ever had.

Lots of comfortable room. Love the auto everything - climate control, seat memory (my husband is 6'4" and I'm 5'2"), rear seat folding, etc. Leather seats have worn very well & still look new. SMOOTH highway driving is great on long trips. It has surprising acceleration when you need it.

It is quite annoying that you can't use the GPS at all when the car is moving. Since the airbag knows there's a passenger sitting in the front seat, why not the GPS? The van leans a little too much for me, but that's the nature of the beast.

Noisy Engine
By watsonk

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Toyota Sienna LE engine is very noisy in comparison to my 10 years old Plymouth Grand Voyager. I drove my friend's 2007 Sienna CE, the noise level is exactly the same as the LE: LOUD. The highway road noise is higher than expected.

6-disc CD player; keyless entry; garage door remote; exterior temperature indication and compass.

I own a 2008 Chev Impala LS. It shows tire pressure in each wheel (instead of 1 alarm). It has On-Star and XM radio (none). Keyless entry: 2nd press provides a louder sound and arm the car alarm (sound the same and too low). Keyless trunk release (manual release). Intuitive AC control (confusing).

• SUV