2008 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
"Simon the Sienna"
By Paul on 11/05/08 06:16 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I had a 2002 Chrysler Town and Country that we traded in for the Sienna. Oh what a power play move!! The Sienna rides way, way better than the Town and Country. Ours is silver shadow pearl. When we bought the Sienna home, our kids went crazy! They immediately fell in love with it. Even our dog fell in love with it. This will be our baby for a good long time. It is kid friendly, family friendly, and dog family. It's like a part of your family. No wonder why many people own these. A lot of our family members own these, and love them too! We absolutely love it. Simon is the minivan's name, and he is truly loved by his family.

Good but test drive with care
By cos on 10/10/08 18:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The interior and exterior quality are excellent with no problems. It handles well and acceleration is very good; overall, a reliable and comfortable vehicle. But a vibration telegraphs into the engine compartment while gears shift and over the road making for a tiring drive; transmission slips at low speeds. Driveability is on the low end for a new vehicle. (Be careful when test driving and take nothing for granted.) Vehicle is 1 year old with fifteen thousand miles; 14 to 17 mpg around town, broke 30 mpg over the road once, now barely breaks 20. Test drive with care and get one of the good ones. (Will think twice about another Toyota vehicle.)

Weak Shifting, Steering and Mileage
By John on 10/08/08 15:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Acceptable performance at best. Sadly disappointed in several key features. Shifting at low engine speeds frequently causes unacceptable shift quality from 1st to 2nd gear. Intermittent but you see it way too often. Very poor gas mileage. I assume many of those who post good mileage are relying upon their electronic readout in the van. My inaccurate readout tells me I get 26+ MPG highway while the gas pump says 21 MPG at best. Same or worse mileage in town than if I drive our 10 year old beater Plymouth van! The engine change Toyota made in their vans a few years back provides twice the noise of the previous engine. The steering is acceptable at best but the weakest of any brand we drove.

Great van for a growing family.
By Robert Cartland on 10/03/08 10:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are expecting our third child soon and needed a larger vehicle. We chose the Sienna primarily because it is the only van to offer eight useful seats -- the 8th seat offered by the Odyssey is too small to be useful. We also like how the center seat can be moved forward for easy access to our expected baby. Add Toyota's powerful V6 (with a timing chain versus a belt) and better real life gas millage and the Sienna was for us. We have been enjoying our van, including a trip from Los Angeles to Las Vegas. It was great being able to bring along the kid's bikes by just putting them in the back of the van (no need for a bike rack). The van was a gift for my wife and so far she loves it!

08 Sienna Van
By van on 09/29/08 17:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have purchased my Sienna for about 8 months. It's a great van. It has a lot of power and is very comfortable to drive. It is roomy and its built quality is excellent. I get about 21 to 23.8 mpg for mixed driving. On freeway driving, I get about 25 to 26 mpg.

Great Van light on features
By Bob on 09/23/08 15:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased the 2008 Sienna Limited. I traded in my 2001 Honda Odyssey after 2 transmissions! So I wanted to try Toyota and I love it. It is like riding in a luxury car, smooth ride, quiet engine, leather, wood trim, 360 watt stereo and plenty of room. It's new, but I'm only averaging 16 MPG on the highway, so hopefully it will break in and get better. One complaint that I have is when you pay over $33k for a limited you expect a DVD and navigation system, Honda gives you that for the same price as the Toyota! However I drove the new Honda and it was sluggish, and would never trust that brand again. I guess a good engine is better then a good DVD and navigation system!

2nd Sienna
By mark on 09/21/08 16:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second XLE and it just keeps getting better! The larger engine and higher HP does make a difference. Even the fuel consumption is better. Rides like a high end large full size car. Handling is very much unlike a mini van. The leather seats in the Honda were plusher looking, but in general the Sienna is a great family car. My daughter has an '06 that she totally loves. Toyota, you did it again. 4 stars.

Best auto
By lynda on 09/21/08 12:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Driving a Toyota Sienna is like owning a Lexus. The seats are made for real people. The pick up is ok I wish it had a little more power. I do hwy and rural driving. I would buy another one.

A great value for such a luxurious ride
By Khoa on 09/18/08 14:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 08 LE 8-passenger for 1.5 months now. I'm almost done with the first 1K mile break-in (currently ~ 900 miles) and so far the experience is great. The van drives like a luxurious car, so roomy and comfortable that my toddler keeps asking to get on the van. We got our LE with option 1. We have driven over the mountain (from SJ to Santa Cruz, CA) a few times and the van has enough power to climb up with ease. On the highway, we were surprised that it's so smooth and quiet. Combining hwy and city driving, we have averaged ~ 22 mpg over 900-mile.

Excellent
By nathan on 09/06/08 21:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have compared all three major vans like odyssey, quest and sienna. No doubt Sienna tops among all three. With 8 passenger is really worth and the same thing in odyssey even kids can't sit it that middle seat (that much small). It's just a week I started driving this but still few negative points like you can't make the 2nd row as bench seat by removing the middle seat and no power option for opening trunk in LE models. If Toyota comes up with more option for LEs then no other minivan can come closer to this including odyssey.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.