Used 2008 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Not what I thought it would be
By my2sons

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have always taken care of my vehicles,changed the oil, rotated the tires every 5,000 miles and did what the manual said but I am so sorry I bought this Sienna, At 60,234 miles i am going on my third set of tires.All I do is highway driving because of where we live. the front end is always out of alignment and you cannot tell when it is out of alignment because there is no pulling to either side.So every oil change I have to pay more$ to get the front end checked/ I do average 24 mpg and I haven't had any engine trouble. I must say the engine has good pep when you need it. The tires that came with the vehicle only lasted 30,000, But 3 sets of tires It makes me furious.

I do like its gas mileage and it has a good ride to it. Like the way the second row seats fold forward.

Toyota needs to put a little more quality into their vehicles and quality tires.this van is very noisy a little more insulation without more cost to the hardworking consumer. No more toyota vehicles for us.

Sudden exceleration---not the good kind
By Guy Whalon

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned this Sienna for a year and we were pretty happy with it. UNTIL, my wife and kids experienced a sudden acceleration moment when the car launched itself through a Subway sandwich shop. The police report listed the cause of the accident as "undetermined/sudden acceleration". The body shop would not replace the air bags or seat belts because of Toyota's past history with these problems. The car was sent to a local Toy dealership, whereas they turned the car away until Corp could made a decision. I contacted Toy Satisfaction Team they did an eval on the car, after 30 days they still won't tell me if the car is safe to drive. This will be the last Toyota we will ever buy.

Well designed interior with flip up tray in between driver and passenger seats allows either brief case or purse to be stored easily.

If Toyota Satisfaction Team cannot render a decision if the car is safe to drive at the time of the evaluation, then the car should not be released to the owner to drive. Inclusive, Toyota should pick up the cost of a car rental during this process time.

I regret buying this van
By Farmallfixer

2008 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The fit and finish of this van are pitiful. 40,000+ for rattles, squeaks and an engine that sounds like its gonna blow every time after a cold start. The tires are absolute junk and only made it 22,000 miles. The navigation system only lets you look up addresses and adjust the DVD when stopped. My dealer support is very poor and Toyota's help help has been even worse, every time I call with a common problem that you can find all over the internet "they have never had complaints about this problem before". I have owned 9 Toyota cars and trucks over the years and the quality of my Sienna and the dealer support I have received might keep me from buying another Toyota

Rear dvd Navigation 3rd row seats fold very easily. climate control is great

Navigation needs to be able to look up addresses and adjust DVD while moving. Gas mileage should be better. The factory tires were terrible. I expect MUCH better support from the dealer and Toyota when I pay a premium for a Toyota. I didn't buy a $20,000 Kia. I bought a Toyota and just expected more

Sliding door problems
By Unhappy

2008 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, the van is good value, very comfortable and drives smooth. Had 3 problems so far - The laser guided cruise control is located in the bumper. Must have hit a snowbank and it is out of calibration (want $800 to re-calibrate).Who would put such a sensitive instrument in the bumper is beyond me. Continuous problems with sliding doors. Has refused to latch intermittently from year 2. Dealer did not do anything, since it worked at the shop. 10 miles past the warranty, one door permanently refused to latch - luckily had purchased extended warranty. The second door failed a month later - with a child sitting in the seat!! I am not certain that i would buy a Toyota again.

Seats, ride, navigation system.

sliding doors, laser cruise control.

Happy owner.
By Al

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Safety features and styling were two of the big reasons I purchased my van. In addition to the traction and stability control the engine performance for a vehicle of this size and weight is remarkable. I had some reservation when I looked at the EPA estimates of 17/23. Not to worry, after 35,000 miles I am averaging slightly under 24 MPG for local and highway driving combined. I have recorded almost 28 MPG on the highway. I have also experienced the engine clatter on cold start. Assured twice by the dealer that this is not a problem. Overall, I am very happy with this vehicle.

Comfortable ride and engine performance. Also like ease of making rear split seats disappear to increase cargo space. Lots of space and relative quiet ride.

Change the cup holder design. Present configuration (rubber leaf) tears foam plastic cups when removing the cup from the holder. Change the location of the gas cap door release. Have to open the door to get to the release. Rear window wiper can't be flipped out to clean window like front wipers.