2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Love it so far
By iJet on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My first used vehicle bought. So I was nervous. This is our first mini van and so far we LOVE it. Good ride, good room. Do have that certain RPM drone in exhaust, but paying 16.9K for an 08 with 34K miles I can deal with it just fine.

Great Toyota reliability
By So. Calif. Toyota on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am 6 feet tall and the only major issue is the legroom. The Toyota Sienna center console is very wide and my right knee hits the console and is very crowded for a 6 foot tall person. Except for the comfort issue, this has been a great minivan. The Toyota has about 20,000 miles with no repairs. The Toyota is smooth and fast on the road. I also own a 1999 Honda Odyssey which has more legroom for a taller person. The Honda Odyssey center console is 3 inches narrower than Toyota. I prefer the Honda Odyssey for seating comfort and the Toyota Sienna for a fast, smooth ride. I am currently planning to buy a Toyota Highlander which has more legroom for taller people.

Not what I thought it would be
By my2sons on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have always taken care of my vehicles,changed the oil, rotated the tires every 5,000 miles and did what the manual said but I am so sorry I bought this Sienna, At 60,234 miles i am going on my third set of tires.All I do is highway driving because of where we live. the front end is always out of alignment and you cannot tell when it is out of alignment because there is no pulling to either side.So every oil change I have to pay more$ to get the front end checked/ I do average 24 mpg and I haven't had any engine trouble. I must say the engine has good pep when you need it. The tires that came with the vehicle only lasted 30,000, But 3 sets of tires It makes me furious.

Sudden exceleration---not the good kind
By Guy Whalon on 06/27/10 06:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned this Sienna for a year and we were pretty happy with it. UNTIL, my wife and kids experienced a sudden acceleration moment when the car launched itself through a Subway sandwich shop. The police report listed the cause of the accident as "undetermined/sudden acceleration". The body shop would not replace the air bags or seat belts because of Toyota's past history with these problems. The car was sent to a local Toy dealership, whereas they turned the car away until Corp could made a decision. I contacted Toy Satisfaction Team they did an eval on the car, after 30 days they still won't tell me if the car is safe to drive. This will be the last Toyota we will ever buy.

I regret buying this van
By Farmallfixer on 05/25/10 18:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The fit and finish of this van are pitiful. 40,000+ for rattles, squeaks and an engine that sounds like its gonna blow every time after a cold start. The tires are absolute junk and only made it 22,000 miles. The navigation system only lets you look up addresses and adjust the DVD when stopped. My dealer support is very poor and Toyota's help help has been even worse, every time I call with a common problem that you can find all over the internet "they have never had complaints about this problem before". I have owned 9 Toyota cars and trucks over the years and the quality of my Sienna and the dealer support I have received might keep me from buying another Toyota

Sliding door problems
By Unhappy on 05/15/10 15:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, the van is good value, very comfortable and drives smooth. Had 3 problems so far - The laser guided cruise control is located in the bumper. Must have hit a snowbank and it is out of calibration (want $800 to re-calibrate).Who would put such a sensitive instrument in the bumper is beyond me. Continuous problems with sliding doors. Has refused to latch intermittently from year 2. Dealer did not do anything, since it worked at the shop. 10 miles past the warranty, one door permanently refused to latch - luckily had purchased extended warranty. The second door failed a month later - with a child sitting in the seat!! I am not certain that i would buy a Toyota again.

Happy owner.
By Al on 03/22/10 15:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Safety features and styling were two of the big reasons I purchased my van. In addition to the traction and stability control the engine performance for a vehicle of this size and weight is remarkable. I had some reservation when I looked at the EPA estimates of 17/23. Not to worry, after 35,000 miles I am averaging slightly under 24 MPG for local and highway driving combined. I have recorded almost 28 MPG on the highway. I have also experienced the engine clatter on cold start. Assured twice by the dealer that this is not a problem. Overall, I am very happy with this vehicle.

It's a minivan
By Greg on 03/13/10 21:00 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned our sienna for 18 months. Trading it in a few days for a Benz. The gas mileage is absolutely horrible. We average 15.9 on a trip. Ridiculous! Rather uninspiring handling. Acceleration seems doggy. Faux wood trim doesn't belong in a $41k minivan. Putting down the 3rd row seats is inconvenient. Save some money and buy a town and country.

Would Buy Again
By Two Time Owner on 01/08/10 10:13 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our first van was totaled with no injury to occupant. We haul grandkids all over and love the Sienna. The automatic sliding door malfunctioned after vehicle was out of warranty - replacement part too expensive - disappointed about that. However, overall it is a great van.

Sooo much better than Honda Oddy!
By Katrina on 12/29/09 08:21 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Sienna in June of 08. The Sienna is quiet, has a smooth ride and is very comfortable!!! The 8th seat is a must!! I am thrilled with my purchase! With 30k miles so far I have had no problems

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.