2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Bad Rear A/C line, low quality tire, and bad rear most mirror molding
By nk_17 on 07/06/12 16:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought Toyota Sienna 2008. Today is July 6, 2012. About ~4.25 year and 39000 miles, and facing following problems already: 1) Rear A/C line leaks. Dealer said it was due to rust after leak test. Then I request to see myself and saw oily residue on rear passenger side tire area. No rust at all. Dealer said, originally, line will have to be replaced. Then I think he had a slip of tounge and said leaky o-ring. Whatever it is. The cost to repair is $900. I went ahead with the repair since dealer (Elmhurst Toyota, IL -chicago area) scared me that it could damage the compressor if oil keep leaking. 2) both sides vent window molding falling $85 each to repair 3) original tires lasted only 30k.

Would Buy Again
By Two Time Owner on 01/08/10 10:13 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our first van was totaled with no injury to occupant. We haul grandkids all over and love the Sienna. The automatic sliding door malfunctioned after vehicle was out of warranty - replacement part too expensive - disappointed about that. However, overall it is a great van.

Sooo much better than Honda Oddy!
By Katrina on 12/29/09 08:21 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Sienna in June of 08. The Sienna is quiet, has a smooth ride and is very comfortable!!! The 8th seat is a must!! I am thrilled with my purchase! With 30k miles so far I have had no problems

Knock, Knock, Knocking on...
By CS on 12/28/09 21:07 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We enjoy the styling and features of this van and it handling. The safety features were a big selling point as well: vehicle stability control, traction control and side curtain air bags. All the glory of the safety ratings and features fade away with the knocking we hear from the engine on cold start up during acceleration between 1500 and 2000rpm. This noisy diesel sound diminishes after the vehicle is completely warms. The dealer said there was nothing wrong with the engine just normal lifter noise to be expected with a vehicle of this mileage. EXCUSE ME!!! Well folks there you have it 47,000 miles is the new high mileage bench mark for Toyota.

Great van for a growing family.
By Robert Cartland on 10/03/08 10:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are expecting our third child soon and needed a larger vehicle. We chose the Sienna primarily because it is the only van to offer eight useful seats -- the 8th seat offered by the Odyssey is too small to be useful. We also like how the center seat can be moved forward for easy access to our expected baby. Add Toyota's powerful V6 (with a timing chain versus a belt) and better real life gas millage and the Sienna was for us. We have been enjoying our van, including a trip from Los Angeles to Las Vegas. It was great being able to bring along the kid's bikes by just putting them in the back of the van (no need for a bike rack). The van was a gift for my wife and so far she loves it!

A great value for such a luxurious ride
By Khoa on 09/18/08 14:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 08 LE 8-passenger for 1.5 months now. I'm almost done with the first 1K mile break-in (currently ~ 900 miles) and so far the experience is great. The van drives like a luxurious car, so roomy and comfortable that my toddler keeps asking to get on the van. We got our LE with option 1. We have driven over the mountain (from SJ to Santa Cruz, CA) a few times and the van has enough power to climb up with ease. On the highway, we were surprised that it's so smooth and quiet. Combining hwy and city driving, we have averaged ~ 22 mpg over 900-mile.

Excellent
By nathan on 09/06/08 21:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have compared all three major vans like odyssey, quest and sienna. No doubt Sienna tops among all three. With 8 passenger is really worth and the same thing in odyssey even kids can't sit it that middle seat (that much small). It's just a week I started driving this but still few negative points like you can't make the 2nd row as bench seat by removing the middle seat and no power option for opening trunk in LE models. If Toyota comes up with more option for LEs then no other minivan can come closer to this including odyssey.

The family van
By JY on 08/16/08 00:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've had our van for one month and are generally happy with it. It has a lot of space, and provides a quiet comfortable ride for all passengers. It is not a driver's van as the steering feels disconnected and the brakes feel soft. However the engine is a powerful and quiet marvel. On a 2000 mile road trip we found the engine powerfully moves the van along and got nearly 26 mpg running mountainous roads and AC most of the way, even before the engine was fully broken in.

Best Van for Grandparents
By Dan Trevors on 04/03/08 13:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was in the market for a crossover, but found all of them to be too small for the kids and grandkids so we opted for the best minivan on the planet. I have back problems and the cloth seats on the LE are very comfortable. Much better than the leather. Mileage is about as promised. Power is very responsive. I would not go so far as to say it is fun to drive, but the safety systems put my mind at ease. We have two couples that we travel with and they love the room in the second and third seats. Enough cup holders for two armies.

Best Looking Minivan
By 8driver on 02/15/08 15:25 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We chose the Sienna over the Honda on price. We could get most the options on the Sienna that we wanted. It seemed with the Honda that it was all or nothing and not too many options. We like the people/cargo volume you get for the price. The van has a surprisingly tight turning radius, good for parking. I wish the power tailgate was an optional item. I would rather have that powered than the 2 side doors. The interior is pretty cheap looking and basically not pretty inside. The ergonomics of the stereo stink! The engine is kind of rough sounding at times if you listen for it and the transmission can be a little jerky in certain situations. The ride could better. Overall we're happy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.