Used 2008 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Excellent Car for a Mother of 4
By lmk6

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the Sienna for 2 1/2 years now. It has never had to go in the shop for anything except maintenance. It has been very reliable. This is my second sienna. My first one was rear ended by teenager while I was stopped waiting to turn left. Nobody was injured except for the car. Having 4 kids, the ability to move the second row seats next to each other is a big plus. The second row seat that is mobile has a seat belt attached to it instead of the wall. Since I have the second row seats next to each other there is a nice walkway to the back. My only complaint with the Sienna is that the tires that come with it do not last. Overall, I am very pleased.

Favorite Features

Second row mobile seats; navigation system, rear dvd entertainment.

Suggested Improvements

better tires

Sliding door problems
By Unhappy

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, the van is good value, very comfortable and drives smooth. Had 3 problems so far - The laser guided cruise control is located in the bumper. Must have hit a snowbank and it is out of calibration (want $800 to re-calibrate).Who would put such a sensitive instrument in the bumper is beyond me. Continuous problems with sliding doors. Has refused to latch intermittently from year 2. Dealer did not do anything, since it worked at the shop. 10 miles past the warranty, one door permanently refused to latch - luckily had purchased extended warranty. The second door failed a month later - with a child sitting in the seat!! I am not certain that i would buy a Toyota again.

Favorite Features

Seats, ride, navigation system.

Suggested Improvements

sliding doors, laser cruise control.

Love my Van!
By Anita

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I don't even have any small kids. I have a son playing football 650 miles from home and have driven this van in all kinds of conditions. I haven't had a major problem at all in 40K miles. We got it so loaded up that my friend calls it a "living room on wheels". My dealer is a gem! I developed a little rattle and they took care of it 1-2-3 can gave me a loaner for the day. The car tailgates like a champ. The automatic tailgate is a great convenience when my arms are full. It's the most reliable car (my first Toyota) that I've ever had.

Favorite Features

Lots of comfortable room. Love the auto everything - climate control, seat memory (my husband is 6'4" and I'm 5'2"), rear seat folding, etc. Leather seats have worn very well & still look new. SMOOTH highway driving is great on long trips. It has surprising acceleration when you need it.

Suggested Improvements

It is quite annoying that you can't use the GPS at all when the car is moving. Since the airbag knows there's a passenger sitting in the front seat, why not the GPS? The van leans a little too much for me, but that's the nature of the beast.

So far, an excellent vehicle
By Paul

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just completed a 2000 mile trip from VA to FL and the van now has almost 7000 miles. The ride and comfort were excellent. The vehicle tends to exhibit a delayed response from the trans at some points. Not sure what that is all about. Still not sure what mileage we got on the road but the city mileage is as advertised. Lots of room in the van and it is much quieter than our 2001 Grand Caravan. Acceleration is also excellent. The laser cruise is accurate but you need to plan your lane changes to accommodate how it operates. Not at all happy that the navigation is not operable when vehicle moves even by passenger. Almost a waste!!! Other than that, we are very pleased with our first Toyota.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, navigation capabilities (only when stationary - it won't operate by touch), laser cruise, power folding mirrors, quiet ride, audio and entertainment system, household plug outlet

Suggested Improvements

The navigation is our biggest complaint. I can't believe you can't adjust the navigation when the vehicle is moving. Yes, safety is important but what about passenger use? I have a family of 5 to manage on long trips. Please fix this and provide an override feature. The tires don't grip well in rain

Great Van light on features
By Bob

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased the 2008 Sienna Limited. I traded in my 2001 Honda Odyssey after 2 transmissions! So I wanted to try Toyota and I love it. It is like riding in a luxury car, smooth ride, quiet engine, leather, wood trim, 360 watt stereo and plenty of room. It's new, but I'm only averaging 16 MPG on the highway, so hopefully it will break in and get better. One complaint that I have is when you pay over $33k for a limited you expect a DVD and navigation system, Honda gives you that for the same price as the Toyota! However I drove the new Honda and it was sluggish, and would never trust that brand again. I guess a good engine is better then a good DVD and navigation system!

Favorite Features

Luxurious interior, smooth powerful engine, lots of cool gadgets, smooth ride, lots of space, great stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is a problem, when you get the limited you should get the DVD and navigation system for free!