2008 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

Limited 7-Passenger Passenger Minivan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Expensive, but worth it.
By jamie_z on 10/21/14 21:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2008 Toyota Sienna Limited from Carmax with 112,000 miles on it. I've owned it now for three weeks. I'm fairly impressed. Overall gas mileage is a tick under 20 mpg. I'm a single guy with no kids and I drive a minivan, but I'm ok with that. This one is pretty nice and it holds a lot of stuff when I need it to. Superbly flexible and comfortable accommodations for any number of people. It's an expensive car compared to the competition, but hopefully with the Toyota reputation, it'll last a long time.

Excellent Car for a Mother of 4
By lmk6 on 01/21/11 08:49 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the Sienna for 2 1/2 years now. It has never had to go in the shop for anything except maintenance. It has been very reliable. This is my second sienna. My first one was rear ended by teenager while I was stopped waiting to turn left. Nobody was injured except for the car. Having 4 kids, the ability to move the second row seats next to each other is a big plus. The second row seat that is mobile has a seat belt attached to it instead of the wall. Since I have the second row seats next to each other there is a nice walkway to the back. My only complaint with the Sienna is that the tires that come with it do not last. Overall, I am very pleased.

Sliding door problems
By Unhappy on 05/15/10 15:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, the van is good value, very comfortable and drives smooth. Had 3 problems so far - The laser guided cruise control is located in the bumper. Must have hit a snowbank and it is out of calibration (want $800 to re-calibrate).Who would put such a sensitive instrument in the bumper is beyond me. Continuous problems with sliding doors. Has refused to latch intermittently from year 2. Dealer did not do anything, since it worked at the shop. 10 miles past the warranty, one door permanently refused to latch - luckily had purchased extended warranty. The second door failed a month later - with a child sitting in the seat!! I am not certain that i would buy a Toyota again.

Love my Van!
By Anita on 08/14/09 08:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I don't even have any small kids. I have a son playing football 650 miles from home and have driven this van in all kinds of conditions. I haven't had a major problem at all in 40K miles. We got it so loaded up that my friend calls it a "living room on wheels". My dealer is a gem! I developed a little rattle and they took care of it 1-2-3 can gave me a loaner for the day. The car tailgates like a champ. The automatic tailgate is a great convenience when my arms are full. It's the most reliable car (my first Toyota) that I've ever had.

So far, an excellent vehicle
By Paul on 12/31/08 17:01 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just completed a 2000 mile trip from VA to FL and the van now has almost 7000 miles. The ride and comfort were excellent. The vehicle tends to exhibit a delayed response from the trans at some points. Not sure what that is all about. Still not sure what mileage we got on the road but the city mileage is as advertised. Lots of room in the van and it is much quieter than our 2001 Grand Caravan. Acceleration is also excellent. The laser cruise is accurate but you need to plan your lane changes to accommodate how it operates. Not at all happy that the navigation is not operable when vehicle moves even by passenger. Almost a waste!!! Other than that, we are very pleased with our first Toyota.

Great Van light on features
By Bob on 09/23/08 15:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased the 2008 Sienna Limited. I traded in my 2001 Honda Odyssey after 2 transmissions! So I wanted to try Toyota and I love it. It is like riding in a luxury car, smooth ride, quiet engine, leather, wood trim, 360 watt stereo and plenty of room. It's new, but I'm only averaging 16 MPG on the highway, so hopefully it will break in and get better. One complaint that I have is when you pay over $33k for a limited you expect a DVD and navigation system, Honda gives you that for the same price as the Toyota! However I drove the new Honda and it was sluggish, and would never trust that brand again. I guess a good engine is better then a good DVD and navigation system!

Very nice
By DG on 09/02/08 11:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the ride of this product. Upgraded stereo system is outstanding. Very comfortable seating for 7 and plenty of storage behind 3rd seats without folding down. 0% financing was huge. Lots of thought put into functionality like hooks for grocery bags, storage compartments, cup holders, separate climate controls for rear seating. Lots of 110 outlets, sunshades, etc. Only drawback is steering is very soft. When passing I have to remember to give a little extra room because there's a lot of play. Also not XM or Sirius ready. It's capable but you have to purchase a $550 aftermarket kit. Then the antenna wire shows in the back on the outside. Engine loud when passing on highway.

Toyota Won My Wife Over
By mars_25 on 06/10/08 15:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Sienna is the best "bang for your buck" vehicle on the planet. Versatility, quality and comfort are unmatched. Many of the features on our Sienna exceeded our expectations. In fact my wife went from cringing at the thought of driving a minivan to becoming a big fan. That alone is no small accomplishment... in fact it's more like an automotive miracle!

One step forward, two steps back
By jb on 05/18/08 17:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just traded our 06 Sienna ltd. for a new 08. Features are identical. Great design, drives like a dream and fuel economy is very reasonable for the size. BUT, Toyota put a new engine in the Sienna in 2007. I guess it does get 1 mpg better and has better horsepower. But, the noise and vibration from the new engine is a major disappointment. The last one had such a smooth power plant; this one is not of the quality of the 2006. If you are in the market, you might be more satisfied withe the previous generation Sienna. We have had the Chryslers and the Honda. Toyota nailed the design and utility of the minivan in the Sienna.

Best!
By Will on 04/13/08 23:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best van on the market today hands down. It has a powerful engine that gets good gas mileage, about 21-22 mpg mixed city and highway driving with up to 26 mpg on the highway. The JBL system is amazing. The dvd player is great and it shows clear. The navigation system is great with a nice review camera. The power folding 3rd row is wonderful. The seats and ride are extremely comfortable.