2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Love the car, not the service
By aramf on 02/25/13 11:48 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are a family of 5 and really love having this van. The mpg is great, the accelation and breaks are great and driving it is just like driving a sedan. We love this car. THe issue we don't like is that this car has cold start rattling issue. And a lot of people complaing about it, yet Toyota dealers for the most part say it is a normal noise. The possible culprits for that are lifter problems, upper engine oil seal that keep the oil from draining into the bottom pan and variable valve timing oil hose. Basically the valves are not lubricated at cold start and that's what causes the noise. Still dealing with toyota to resolve this. The car wa hardy 37000 miles when the problem started.

I regret buying this van
By Farmallfixer on 05/25/10 18:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The fit and finish of this van are pitiful. 40,000+ for rattles, squeaks and an engine that sounds like its gonna blow every time after a cold start. The tires are absolute junk and only made it 22,000 miles. The navigation system only lets you look up addresses and adjust the DVD when stopped. My dealer support is very poor and Toyota's help help has been even worse, every time I call with a common problem that you can find all over the internet "they have never had complaints about this problem before". I have owned 9 Toyota cars and trucks over the years and the quality of my Sienna and the dealer support I have received might keep me from buying another Toyota

Great Trip Car
By Bob Ricci on 11/20/09 12:27 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned the car for slightly over 2 years. Over-the-road driving is very comfortable with plenty of cabin space and power. This van with a 266 hp engine has a lot of pep! Fuel economy is nominal. The engine is noisy however but dealer says it's normal for the type of motor used.

2nd Sienna
By mark on 09/21/08 16:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second XLE and it just keeps getting better! The larger engine and higher HP does make a difference. Even the fuel consumption is better. Rides like a high end large full size car. Handling is very much unlike a mini van. The leather seats in the Honda were plusher looking, but in general the Sienna is a great family car. My daughter has an '06 that she totally loves. Toyota, you did it again. 4 stars.

Best auto
By lynda on 09/21/08 12:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Driving a Toyota Sienna is like owning a Lexus. The seats are made for real people. The pick up is ok I wish it had a little more power. I do hwy and rural driving. I would buy another one.

Very Good Minivan
By skynet on 08/24/08 20:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first purchase of a minivan and we love it so far. We like the pickup, quiet acceleration and very smooth ride. These are the main reasons we chose this van over the Odyssey. Sienna is built very well, powerful engine, nice exterior styling, very good interiors, power tailgate.

A Huge Step Up
By Bob Wingate on 08/07/08 06:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We owned a Volvo Wagon as our "family" car until we purchased this van. For 2 years we were not really interested in a minivan. What a big mistake. This car is amazing in every detail. I am tall, and had not been in the back until a trip from Charlotte to Miami. The ride in the second row is outstanding in every way. The van drives like a very nice full size car and handles well with great fuel economy. We are sorry we waited so long.

Great Car
By Frank on 06/17/08 16:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a Town & Country and traded it in, it did not compare with the Sienna. I can't tell you how happy I am with the Sienna. The Sienna is nothing but class and a good looking car. I wish I had gotten it sooner.

The minivan to buy
By hmac on 06/01/08 20:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove both the Odyssey and the Sienna and went with the Sienna at the end. The ride is more comfortable and quiet... you dont want to hear that wind noise and feel more bumps while driving do you? Performance is good, it has a lot of power in it, fuel consump. is about 24-28 hwy/18-22 city. Interior looks are great and roomy though there seems to be some cheap looking plastics inside. Handsome look from outside, not so square and bulky.

Sienna should be called Lexus
By Arav Shivakumar on 03/14/08 19:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Cannot believe minivan rides could be this comfortable. When we started to look for minivans we checked out Honda Odyssey and Nissan Quest. Very soon we decided it's going to be either Sienna or Odyssey. Quest was out of choice. Sienna's comfort and ride satisfaction was way higher than Odyssey and we instantly liked it. Sienna seems to use Electronic Brake Distribution, which makes the brakes feel lighter but efficient. Very minimal steering action is required for turns. All you need is a pinky finger to drive this excellent minivan. Arctic Frost Pearl color looks great even at the nighttime!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.