Used 2008 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Love the car, not the service
By aramf

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are a family of 5 and really love having this van. The mpg is great, the accelation and breaks are great and driving it is just like driving a sedan. We love this car. THe issue we don't like is that this car has cold start rattling issue. And a lot of people complaing about it, yet Toyota dealers for the most part say it is a normal noise. The possible culprits for that are lifter problems, upper engine oil seal that keep the oil from draining into the bottom pan and variable valve timing oil hose. Basically the valves are not lubricated at cold start and that's what causes the noise. Still dealing with toyota to resolve this. The car wa hardy 37000 miles when the problem started.

Favorite Features

steering wheel radio controls

Suggested Improvements

I am 6 foot tall and I cannot see the upper part of the speedometer over the top of the steering wheel.

I regret buying this van
By Farmallfixer

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The fit and finish of this van are pitiful. 40,000+ for rattles, squeaks and an engine that sounds like its gonna blow every time after a cold start. The tires are absolute junk and only made it 22,000 miles. The navigation system only lets you look up addresses and adjust the DVD when stopped. My dealer support is very poor and Toyota's help help has been even worse, every time I call with a common problem that you can find all over the internet "they have never had complaints about this problem before". I have owned 9 Toyota cars and trucks over the years and the quality of my Sienna and the dealer support I have received might keep me from buying another Toyota

Favorite Features

Rear dvd Navigation 3rd row seats fold very easily. climate control is great

Suggested Improvements

Navigation needs to be able to look up addresses and adjust DVD while moving. Gas mileage should be better. The factory tires were terrible. I expect MUCH better support from the dealer and Toyota when I pay a premium for a Toyota. I didn't buy a $20,000 Kia. I bought a Toyota and just expected more

Great Trip Car
By Bob Ricci

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned the car for slightly over 2 years. Over-the-road driving is very comfortable with plenty of cabin space and power. This van with a 266 hp engine has a lot of pep! Fuel economy is nominal. The engine is noisy however but dealer says it's normal for the type of motor used.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, back up alert, and leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

Better sound conditioning.

2nd Sienna
By mark

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second XLE and it just keeps getting better! The larger engine and higher HP does make a difference. Even the fuel consumption is better. Rides like a high end large full size car. Handling is very much unlike a mini van. The leather seats in the Honda were plusher looking, but in general the Sienna is a great family car. My daughter has an '06 that she totally loves. Toyota, you did it again. 4 stars.

Favorite Features

Engine, more power. Power doors, nicer interior than LE. Ride and mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Plusher looking leather seats and perhaps a little better material on the side panels.

Best auto
By lynda

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Driving a Toyota Sienna is like owning a Lexus. The seats are made for real people. The pick up is ok I wish it had a little more power. I do hwy and rural driving. I would buy another one.

Favorite Features

I like the radio and cd systems they have very good sound.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would request is a choice of engine sizes. A little more power at the start.