2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
2008 Sienna. Lost trust in Toyota
By kevin191 on 08/09/14 10:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I own a 2008 Sienna bought brand new. Currently has 114k.(71k miles) All maintenance completed as per Toyota scheduling. Recall and or Warranty history: Rear door struts, vibrating radio speaker, roof trim pulling off, 02 sensor, spare tire cable, transmission shift solenoid. Repairs I performed myself as a journeyman mechanic: water pump @90k km. Same 02 sensor they replaced on Warranty and would not cover again. Transmission input speed sensor. This van does not inspire confidence. I drive around with my obd2 scanner in the van just in case of a C.E.L.

If you have captain chair in 2nd row beware!
By roadtripmom on 03/01/11 09:41 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Toyota I have owned so naturally it's a brand I think I can trust. We bought van with the 2 captain chairs with arm-rests. The chair that sits behind the front passengear (seat belt is not attached to the wall of the car) I believe does not work properly. BE WARNED--If you recline the chair more then 90 degrees the seatbelt will tighten until you cannot move. Or if you are reclined at more than 90 degrees, you will not be able to strap yourself in. Have complained to Toyota and they told me this is the "design" of the chair and not a flaw. They refuse to fix or are incapable of fixing. This Toyota will be our last. Do not get DVD player from dealer. Others have same issue?

Love it so far
By iJet on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My first used vehicle bought. So I was nervous. This is our first mini van and so far we LOVE it. Good ride, good room. Do have that certain RPM drone in exhaust, but paying 16.9K for an 08 with 34K miles I can deal with it just fine.

Disappointed with Toyota.
By BJ on 12/02/09 18:38 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owned 4 Toyotas and am underwhelmed with this vehicle. Previous van was a Kia and would not trade a Kia for Toyota ever again. This van has terrible fit and finish. Drivers door, rear gate and trim all are poor. This van is cheap and uncomfortable. The engine has sounded like an old truck in cold weather since the day we bought it and have been told that is normal. If that is normal then they are all garbage. We bought this van based on reputation but we were wrong. I guess Toyota should take a lesson from themselves. Go back to making good cars.

2008 Toyota Sienna CE
By billiam on 02/19/09 11:06 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van is well appointed even for the low end model. However, at low speed, the transmission is very slow to shift with a rev that is unnerving. The sliding doors just a few months after purchase have squeaked even though there have been several visits to the dealer. I will be taking my van back to the shop again soon for this problem. If the simple things not being done right bug you. Avoid this vehicle until there is a major redesign. Also there is the interior noise of the engine. I thought I was driving a diesel.

Very happy with our purchase
By BKNY on 07/17/08 23:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Enjoying this van even more than we expected. Just completed road trip halfway across USA (2700mi round trip) with our infant and preschooler and the van was quieter and more comfortable than many of the hotels we stayed in. Very smooth, versatile, comfortable and dependable, avg'd 25+mpg loaded down with AC full on - even over the mountains & back. Drives great, power is there when needed. Highly recommended for families with small children & all the associated stuff. Smart layout, fold- down front console is simply brilliant. No more diving for the pacifier. Can't say enough about how impressed I am with this van. Feels & drives like a Lexus made for baby seats & strollers.

Great van!
By Steve on 05/12/08 09:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We got ours about 6 weeks ago, and are very pleased. We replaced a 2001 Mazda MPV, which I thought was a "perfect" size. I was a little worried the Sienna was going to be too big, but it's really nice having the extra space, and it still fits in our garage (just barely). It's very smooth, quiet, and powerful, and even the CE version that they make for cheapskates like me had all the features we wanted. The sliding doors operate easily, and the "tumble forward" middle row seats give easy access to the 3rd row.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.