2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Very Good...Could be better
By sabadir on 09/19/14 13:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this used in 2010 w 45K miles. It has 119k now and is in very good shape. Its a great and comfortable car. It keeps me safe and gets through all the weather. Its pretty darn comfortable too. I feel safe in it and frankly I like it. I have a Yakima roof rack and I added a 2" trailer hitch to pull a small trailer. Its perfect for me and my two kids.

2008 Sienna. Lost trust in Toyota
By kevin191 on 08/09/14 10:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I own a 2008 Sienna bought brand new. Currently has 114k.(71k miles) All maintenance completed as per Toyota scheduling. Recall and or Warranty history: Rear door struts, vibrating radio speaker, roof trim pulling off, 02 sensor, spare tire cable, transmission shift solenoid. Repairs I performed myself as a journeyman mechanic: water pump @90k km. Same 02 sensor they replaced on Warranty and would not cover again. Transmission input speed sensor. This van does not inspire confidence. I drive around with my obd2 scanner in the van just in case of a C.E.L.

Could be a lot better
By graysienna on 07/29/14 14:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this used model (2008) from the Toyota dealer with 70K on it. The price was reasonable. The interior is poor. The rear passenger air turns on and off intermittently without anyone turning on. I read a lot of similar complaints on the ToyotaSienna online forum. The dealer said it is what it is (as is condition). I tried to look up for the solution, no solution found. The seats are poor quality. The hand rest for all seats are poorly built. It is really not so convenient for the driver to use the hand rest (Right). The center console between the driver and passenger could have been made better (which I suppose is now taken care in the new model). Poor quality seat belts.

It's great at what it tries to do.
By lenan on 10/02/13 10:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

As far as people carrying minivans go, it really doesn't get a whole lot better than this. For one, this is a very comfortable and roomy car. The leather seats are pretty good and the ride is silky smooth. Gas mileage isn't very good (We've average about 18-19 mpg mostly on the highway), but that's the price you pay for having a large vehicle with a V6 and AWD. Speaking of the V6, it's a quality engine. It generally revs very smoothly and there's more power on tap than anyone driving a minivan needs. So far it's been quite reliable reliable. There have been no big repair costs outside of general maintenance.

Love the car, not the service
By aramf on 02/25/13 11:48 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are a family of 5 and really love having this van. The mpg is great, the accelation and breaks are great and driving it is just like driving a sedan. We love this car. THe issue we don't like is that this car has cold start rattling issue. And a lot of people complaing about it, yet Toyota dealers for the most part say it is a normal noise. The possible culprits for that are lifter problems, upper engine oil seal that keep the oil from draining into the bottom pan and variable valve timing oil hose. Basically the valves are not lubricated at cold start and that's what causes the noise. Still dealing with toyota to resolve this. The car wa hardy 37000 miles when the problem started.

AC line corrosion
By 8isenuf on 07/18/12 12:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love this van, like the design much better than the new one....but....we had our AC line replaced under warranty last summer, this summer we find that 3 other lines are also needing replacement due to corrosion...Toyota and the dealers offered us 50% shared cost for repairs, but, this should not be happening. The cost to us is still $1900.00, and, we are wondering if this will be an annual cost to keep the air in our vehicle? Toyota Canada stated this is not an issue with the Sienna and there is no recall or fix for this issue...

Bad Rear A/C line, low quality tire, and bad rear most mirror molding
By nk_17 on 07/06/12 16:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought Toyota Sienna 2008. Today is July 6, 2012. About ~4.25 year and 39000 miles, and facing following problems already: 1) Rear A/C line leaks. Dealer said it was due to rust after leak test. Then I request to see myself and saw oily residue on rear passenger side tire area. No rust at all. Dealer said, originally, line will have to be replaced. Then I think he had a slip of tounge and said leaky o-ring. Whatever it is. The cost to repair is $900. I went ahead with the repair since dealer (Elmhurst Toyota, IL -chicago area) scared me that it could damage the compressor if oil keep leaking. 2) both sides vent window molding falling $85 each to repair 3) original tires lasted only 30k.

Fuel and Gas Leak from engine compartment
By stevent2 on 01/03/12 10:01 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I brougt it in to the Toyota Dealer to repair this fuel and gas leak issue on my 2008 Sienna Le. I file a complaint to Toyota corporate because it sounds like similar problem with recall on the fuel leak for other Toyota/Lexus models. Join me on this complaint if you have similar issue with your Sienna van. Toyota Recalls 1.7 Million Vehicles Over Fuel Leaks in January 26, 011 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/26/toyota-recall-fuel-leak_n_814124.html

A/C Line Corrosion after 3 yrs, Extreme Tire Wear
By watsonk on 04/14/11 20:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2008 Sienna, 3 years and 2 months old, experienced A/C coolant leak due to tubing corrosion underneath the vehicle at the rear. One A/C compressor is supplying coolant to both front and rear A/C units. Dealership quoted over $1,300 for the tubing replacement and blamed corrosion on road salt in Western PA. No guarantee that it will not re-occur in 2-3 years. This is a manufacturer defect! First set of Dunlop tires worn out after 19,000 miles. The second set of Goodyear tires is nearly worn out after 20,000 miles.

If you have captain chair in 2nd row beware!
By roadtripmom on 03/01/11 09:41 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Toyota I have owned so naturally it's a brand I think I can trust. We bought van with the 2 captain chairs with arm-rests. The chair that sits behind the front passengear (seat belt is not attached to the wall of the car) I believe does not work properly. BE WARNED--If you recline the chair more then 90 degrees the seatbelt will tighten until you cannot move. Or if you are reclined at more than 90 degrees, you will not be able to strap yourself in. Have complained to Toyota and they told me this is the "design" of the chair and not a flaw. They refuse to fix or are incapable of fixing. This Toyota will be our last. Do not get DVD player from dealer. Others have same issue?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.