2008 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Could be a lot better
By graysienna on 07/29/14 14:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this used model (2008) from the Toyota dealer with 70K on it. The price was reasonable. The interior is poor. The rear passenger air turns on and off intermittently without anyone turning on. I read a lot of similar complaints on the ToyotaSienna online forum. The dealer said it is what it is (as is condition). I tried to look up for the solution, no solution found. The seats are poor quality. The hand rest for all seats are poorly built. It is really not so convenient for the driver to use the hand rest (Right). The center console between the driver and passenger could have been made better (which I suppose is now taken care in the new model). Poor quality seat belts.

Fuel and Gas Leak from engine compartment
By stevent2 on 01/03/12 10:01 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I brougt it in to the Toyota Dealer to repair this fuel and gas leak issue on my 2008 Sienna Le. I file a complaint to Toyota corporate because it sounds like similar problem with recall on the fuel leak for other Toyota/Lexus models. Join me on this complaint if you have similar issue with your Sienna van. Toyota Recalls 1.7 Million Vehicles Over Fuel Leaks in January 26, 011 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/26/toyota-recall-fuel-leak_n_814124.html

A/C Line Corrosion after 3 yrs, Extreme Tire Wear
By watsonk on 04/14/11 20:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2008 Sienna, 3 years and 2 months old, experienced A/C coolant leak due to tubing corrosion underneath the vehicle at the rear. One A/C compressor is supplying coolant to both front and rear A/C units. Dealership quoted over $1,300 for the tubing replacement and blamed corrosion on road salt in Western PA. No guarantee that it will not re-occur in 2-3 years. This is a manufacturer defect! First set of Dunlop tires worn out after 19,000 miles. The second set of Goodyear tires is nearly worn out after 20,000 miles.

Great Toyota reliability
By So. Calif. Toyota on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am 6 feet tall and the only major issue is the legroom. The Toyota Sienna center console is very wide and my right knee hits the console and is very crowded for a 6 foot tall person. Except for the comfort issue, this has been a great minivan. The Toyota has about 20,000 miles with no repairs. The Toyota is smooth and fast on the road. I also own a 1999 Honda Odyssey which has more legroom for a taller person. The Honda Odyssey center console is 3 inches narrower than Toyota. I prefer the Honda Odyssey for seating comfort and the Toyota Sienna for a fast, smooth ride. I am currently planning to buy a Toyota Highlander which has more legroom for taller people.

Not what I thought it would be
By my2sons on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have always taken care of my vehicles,changed the oil, rotated the tires every 5,000 miles and did what the manual said but I am so sorry I bought this Sienna, At 60,234 miles i am going on my third set of tires.All I do is highway driving because of where we live. the front end is always out of alignment and you cannot tell when it is out of alignment because there is no pulling to either side.So every oil change I have to pay more$ to get the front end checked/ I do average 24 mpg and I haven't had any engine trouble. I must say the engine has good pep when you need it. The tires that came with the vehicle only lasted 30,000, But 3 sets of tires It makes me furious.

Sudden exceleration---not the good kind
By Guy Whalon on 06/27/10 06:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned this Sienna for a year and we were pretty happy with it. UNTIL, my wife and kids experienced a sudden acceleration moment when the car launched itself through a Subway sandwich shop. The police report listed the cause of the accident as "undetermined/sudden acceleration". The body shop would not replace the air bags or seat belts because of Toyota's past history with these problems. The car was sent to a local Toy dealership, whereas they turned the car away until Corp could made a decision. I contacted Toy Satisfaction Team they did an eval on the car, after 30 days they still won't tell me if the car is safe to drive. This will be the last Toyota we will ever buy.

Happy owner.
By Al on 03/22/10 15:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Safety features and styling were two of the big reasons I purchased my van. In addition to the traction and stability control the engine performance for a vehicle of this size and weight is remarkable. I had some reservation when I looked at the EPA estimates of 17/23. Not to worry, after 35,000 miles I am averaging slightly under 24 MPG for local and highway driving combined. I have recorded almost 28 MPG on the highway. I have also experienced the engine clatter on cold start. Assured twice by the dealer that this is not a problem. Overall, I am very happy with this vehicle.

Noisy Engine
By watsonk on 07/07/09 23:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Toyota Sienna LE engine is very noisy in comparison to my 10 years old Plymouth Grand Voyager. I drove my friend's 2007 Sienna CE, the noise level is exactly the same as the LE: LOUD. The highway road noise is higher than expected.

Next time not Toyota
By No more Toyota fan on 06/12/09 08:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am not happy with this van. Shortly after new - right out of showroom - things started falling off. On cold days the engine sounds like it is going to blow - dealer says this in normal. Cheap plastic bumpers come loose and have to put back in place. Found nuts, clips etc on the floor. Drivers seat uncomfortable on long trips. No automatic head lights. This van is less than a year old and looks and sounds like it is 5. Cheaper than Kia, Honda and Nissan and now I know why! Will Toyota run and hide again when major issues like engine failure - or after class action lawsuit scares them will they "Voluntarilly" fix problems. I have never heard a new engine sound so bad at start up.

2008 Toyota Sienna LE Tire Wear Issue
By watsonk on 05/23/09 12:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At 19,100 miles, and with regular tire rotation, all four Dunlop tire wear are 4/32. There is something wrong with the tires! I avoided buying a AWD just to avoid premature wearing of tires (Consumers Report). It makes no difference!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.