Used 2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Most Helpful|
A/C Line Corrosion after 3 yrs, Extreme Tire Wear
By watsonk

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2008 Sienna, 3 years and 2 months old, experienced A/C coolant leak due to tubing corrosion underneath the vehicle at the rear. One A/C compressor is supplying coolant to both front and rear A/C units. Dealership quoted over $1,300 for the tubing replacement and blamed corrosion on road salt in Western PA. No guarantee that it will not re-occur in 2-3 years. This is a manufacturer defect! First set of Dunlop tires worn out after 19,000 miles. The second set of Goodyear tires is nearly worn out after 20,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Roomy, various cup holders and pockets, 5 CD changer, electric sliding doors.

Suggested Improvements

Reduce engine noise, front seat middle console instead of folding tray, no more cheap plastic bumpers, more fuel economy, better tire wear, better rust proofing for underneath the vehicle such as spare tire cable and A/C tubing.

Could be a lot better
By graysienna

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this used model (2008) from the Toyota dealer with 70K on it. The price was reasonable. The interior is poor. The rear passenger air turns on and off intermittently without anyone turning on. I read a lot of similar complaints on the ToyotaSienna online forum. The dealer said it is what it is (as is condition). I tried to look up for the solution, no solution found. The seats are poor quality. The hand rest for all seats are poorly built. It is really not so convenient for the driver to use the hand rest (Right). The center console between the driver and passenger could have been made better (which I suppose is now taken care in the new model). Poor quality seat belts.

Favorite Features

Automatic sliding doors

Suggested Improvements

Rear passenger blower, center console, seats and their respective hand rest. Above all the quality of the seat belts. Take too much of rubber (frequent new tires). Rubber seals around the door comes off very often. Needs to be built with better quality.

Fuel and Gas Leak from engine compartment
By stevent2

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I brougt it in to the Toyota Dealer to repair this fuel and gas leak issue on my 2008 Sienna Le. I file a complaint to Toyota corporate because it sounds like similar problem with recall on the fuel leak for other Toyota/Lexus models. Join me on this complaint if you have similar issue with your Sienna van. Toyota Recalls 1.7 Million Vehicles Over Fuel Leaks in January 26, 011 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/26/toyota-recall-fuel-leak_n_814124.html

Favorite Features

Styling and car-like steering.

Suggested Improvements

Fix gas leak issue and better quality control.

Not what I thought it would be
By my2sons

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have always taken care of my vehicles,changed the oil, rotated the tires every 5,000 miles and did what the manual said but I am so sorry I bought this Sienna, At 60,234 miles i am going on my third set of tires.All I do is highway driving because of where we live. the front end is always out of alignment and you cannot tell when it is out of alignment because there is no pulling to either side.So every oil change I have to pay more$ to get the front end checked/ I do average 24 mpg and I haven't had any engine trouble. I must say the engine has good pep when you need it. The tires that came with the vehicle only lasted 30,000, But 3 sets of tires It makes me furious.

Favorite Features

I do like its gas mileage and it has a good ride to it. Like the way the second row seats fold forward.

Suggested Improvements

Toyota needs to put a little more quality into their vehicles and quality tires.this van is very noisy a little more insulation without more cost to the hardworking consumer. No more toyota vehicles for us.

Great Toyota reliability
By So. Calif. Toyota

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am 6 feet tall and the only major issue is the legroom. The Toyota Sienna center console is very wide and my right knee hits the console and is very crowded for a 6 foot tall person. Except for the comfort issue, this has been a great minivan. The Toyota has about 20,000 miles with no repairs. The Toyota is smooth and fast on the road. I also own a 1999 Honda Odyssey which has more legroom for a taller person. The Honda Odyssey center console is 3 inches narrower than Toyota. I prefer the Honda Odyssey for seating comfort and the Toyota Sienna for a fast, smooth ride. I am currently planning to buy a Toyota Highlander which has more legroom for taller people.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, fast acceleration, nice handling. Reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Make the center console narrower. I realize the target market may be soccer moms, but Toyota should try to make this van comfortable for people 6 feet tall.