Used 2008 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

2008 Sienna. Lost trust in Toyota
By kevin191

2008 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I own a 2008 Sienna bought brand new. Currently has 114k.(71k miles) All maintenance completed as per Toyota scheduling. Recall and or Warranty history: Rear door struts, vibrating radio speaker, roof trim pulling off, 02 sensor, spare tire cable, transmission shift solenoid. Repairs I performed myself as a journeyman mechanic: water pump @90k km. Same 02 sensor they replaced on Warranty and would not cover again. Transmission input speed sensor. This van does not inspire confidence. I drive around with my obd2 scanner in the van just in case of a C.E.L.

Toyota's quality control on this van is slack at best. Improve quality control.

If you have captain chair in 2nd row beware!
By roadtripmom

2008 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Toyota I have owned so naturally it's a brand I think I can trust. We bought van with the 2 captain chairs with arm-rests. The chair that sits behind the front passengear (seat belt is not attached to the wall of the car) I believe does not work properly. BE WARNED--If you recline the chair more then 90 degrees the seatbelt will tighten until you cannot move. Or if you are reclined at more than 90 degrees, you will not be able to strap yourself in. Have complained to Toyota and they told me this is the "design" of the chair and not a flaw. They refuse to fix or are incapable of fixing. This Toyota will be our last. Do not get DVD player from dealer. Others have same issue?

Roomy in the back and great for road trips

DVD player installed from dealer is of poor quality for the amount of money paid. 2nd row chair needs to be re-designed so that it is functional and not a hazard. The air circulation button tends to turn off /on by it's self. They say this was an "improvement" in the design. Go buy a Honda!

Love it so far
By iJet

2008 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My first used vehicle bought. So I was nervous. This is our first mini van and so far we LOVE it. Good ride, good room. Do have that certain RPM drone in exhaust, but paying 16.9K for an 08 with 34K miles I can deal with it just fine.

Room, smooth ride, seating options, cabin lighting quality and reliability (so far)

Find a way to get rid of the resonating drone at certain RPM.

Disappointed with Toyota.
By BJ

2008 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owned 4 Toyotas and am underwhelmed with this vehicle. Previous van was a Kia and would not trade a Kia for Toyota ever again. This van has terrible fit and finish. Drivers door, rear gate and trim all are poor. This van is cheap and uncomfortable. The engine has sounded like an old truck in cold weather since the day we bought it and have been told that is normal. If that is normal then they are all garbage. We bought this van based on reputation but we were wrong. I guess Toyota should take a lesson from themselves. Go back to making good cars.

Fuel economy - for a van. Interior size. Power for a van.

Better fit and finish - especially the doors. Correct the engine sound like a diesel truck. Better and more comfortable seats.

2008 Toyota Sienna CE
By billiam

2008 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van is well appointed even for the low end model. However, at low speed, the transmission is very slow to shift with a rev that is unnerving. The sliding doors just a few months after purchase have squeaked even though there have been several visits to the dealer. I will be taking my van back to the shop again soon for this problem. If the simple things not being done right bug you. Avoid this vehicle until there is a major redesign. Also there is the interior noise of the engine. I thought I was driving a diesel.

Well appointed for low end model. Cruise control is nice. How the lights turn on when entering the vehicle.

Fix the design of the sliding door. Change the transmission and the engine noise.