Used 2007 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Engine is worthless
By BF

2007 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota sienna engine is worthless. Miss an oil change and it will sludge up fast and Toyota will not help. Trade yours in now before it the engine goes out. Toyota dependability & reliability is a myth. Just plain lie-ability.

Sienna
By ocean

2007 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our sienna is a well designed minivan, and I am very happy with the 3.5 liter V6 and 266HP. And the 3rd seat is easy to stow and useful.

Favorite Features

Second row captains chair, powerful engine, and smooth and refine ride.

Suggested Improvements

Second row seat could be lighter, and six speed transmission can be useful.

Tire Trouble
By JohnCalifornia

2007 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second Sienna; our 1998 was fine. We've had the 2007 model for two years now, and it's had a lot of trouble with the run-flat tires. A couple of flats, and the air-pressure warning light comes on way too often. Today I took another flat to the dealer; the service department said "you're not supposed to just replace one of these at a time -- we should do all four. Otherwise, if the differential fails or the transmission fails, Toyota won't cover it under warranty." So -- throw away 3 good tires (only half worn) and spend $1000 on new run-flats, or Toyota won't honor the warranty? Ridiculous. Also, this van gets at least 20% worse mileage than our old one. Disappointing!

Favorite Features

Good DVD player. Like the power outlet in the back -- my kids can plug in their Playstation for long trips. Decent seats. Good flexibility in folding/storing seats. AWD is surefooted on snow.

Suggested Improvements

It's too bad that Toyota still does not make a Sienna hybrid; the mileage is terrible, and should be much better. The decision to put run-flat tires on the AWD version seems like a mistake -- apparently made because they had no room for a spare, but the result is wasteful or potentially damaging.

Surprisingly disappointed
By hillaryef

2007 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was told to choose: Sienna or Odyssey. My mistake. At this rate I probably wouldn't pick either! We're very disappointed with this car. Under the hood, yes it's ok. It's the small stuff that's frustrating. It seems like there is always another minor issue. Of course some really are just minor (ie: the window trim comes off) but still annoying. We paid too much for these issues! The stuff that really bothers me is things like the very loud rattling on the right side sliding door. (taken in...no one can find anything wrong) I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone. There must be something decent out there other than the Sienna or Odyssey. Off to the auto show :-(

Favorite Features

A lot of leg room in all three rows. I like the 7 seat arrangement with captain seats. This makes things a lot easier when buckling kids into car seats in the third row. Can't imagine having a car without this option!

Suggested Improvements

very expensive if you want to add anything extra. Needs a lot of work on the quality of the interior and exterior materials used.

Love It!!
By momof3

2007 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this van! I do a lot of driving - almost 700 miles a week simply routine, not including other out of town trips. This mini van is one the the best and reliable vehicles I have had (the other being a Toyota as well, a Tercel back in the 90s). It's comfortable, rides smooth and looks great too. The only annoyance has been the tire sensor light when the weather gets cold outside & the sliding doors don't latch open when windows are down. But small potatoes compared to other vehicles I have had. I have had this van for 16 months and have 40,000 miles already. No problems from this vehicle, nothing negative in my eyes about it. I love it and would definitely buy another without pause!

Favorite Features

Power! The ease of putting down or pulling up the rear seats for extra cargo space. The safety rating and reliability. Automatic turning off of lights to preserve battery if left on, or door left open (which the kids do at times). Automatic door lock once taken out of "Park", window locks.

Suggested Improvements

None! (Well, except make it a hybrid so we can get a bit better gas mileage!)