2007 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2007 Sienna Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Sort Reviews by

Fit and Finish and Tires
By estrauss11

2007 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the Sienna Minivan, but Toyota's fit and finish stinks. Three days after buying the minivan the 6 disc cd changer failed, had to wait a month for a new one. Next was the front driver and passenger door panels get stuck on the door sill and pop off. The rear power outlet, fell out of the side panel, and does not reset in the hole. None of the dash board pieces fit evenly, too many big gaps. Last is the Michelin tires seem to wear fast, but that might be due to wheel spin.

Favorite Features

Power, fuel economy, and features.

Suggested Improvements

Interior fit and finishing is lacking.

Not Happy
By Brian

2007 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had the van 6 months and had to be in the shop every other month. First the battery died and I had to drag the van out of the garage with 5k miles. Then the tire sensor had to be replaced, check engine light comes on, electric motors jumpy, rear latch broke and the door wouldn't even open. All this with 10k miles. I bought a new vehicle so my wife (works nights) and small children would have a reliable vehicle and I wouldn't have to worry. Now I have to spend a Saturday taking it to the shop. Can't get rid of it because the dealer says I still owe more than it is worth. Can't wait to see what happens next!

I like Toyotas. However...
By jenny Del Rio

2007 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First year my battery died off, first year had a new transmission to my XLE limited edition. Year and a half, had a new ac compressor. Third year, starting to have problems with my transmission again. I bought the vehicle brand new. I just can not believe this. I think very highly about Toyotas: there quality is the best. I just got a bad one, unfortunately.

2007 Toyota Sienna
By Beth

2007 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Many, many problems with the interior of the car. Middle passenger side seat is a "lemon seat" seat belt is major issue, 5th time trying to resolve. A/C system airflow distribution disproportionate in the bi-level and floor level settings. Rear air conditioner and heat appear to not be cooling and barely heating. Radio defective, speaker blown 2x, tire pressure sensor broken, side mirror control fell into dash, base of lemon seat cracked, handle of same seat broke, over head light broke over this seat, rear bumper came loose, tires are bald at 25K miles,air bag indicator light malfuntioning. I cannot believe the problems we're having.

Suggested Improvements

Quality, quality, quality.

2007 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited
By shenderson

2007 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best minivan I have have ever driven hands down. The power is unreal. We found this Limited to handle like a sports car. It corners very well. It is not tipsy feeling like the older Caravan or even an 08 Uplander. We are very happy with our purchase.

Favorite Features

Horsepower. Comfort features, i.e. cupholders and storage. 110 volt power outlets. Superb handling,

Suggested Improvements

Move the trac-off button up or near the shifter.

Heavy on gas
By preferbettermilage

2007 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The van drives nicely, handles great. It is a tank in the snow and ice, which is mainly why we went for it as there are no AWD models from other manufacturers. That display showing 15mpg though is a real downer.

Favorite Features

Power under foot, stability, handling in snow & ice

Suggested Improvements

Improve the fuel consumption - maybe a hybrid, maybe a diesel, even better - a diesel/hybrid. Build quality could be better on a vehicle that costs north of 35K

Happy
By Steve

2007 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the Sienna XLE Pkg #6 (nav, DVD, etc) in May. Have 9.5K on it now. Took 3,000 mile road trip in September. Very comfortable. Mileage averaging 18 mpg. Not one problem. New 3.5L V6 is great,. The Sienna's not as cool as the Odyssey and is a bit boring to look at, but it's reliable, comfortable, quick, and my wife is happy (after all, what else really matters?).

Favorite Features

Powerful engine (for a minivan), high grade interior materials, built-in window shades, turn signals in the mirrors, perfect fit and finish, nav system, plenty of interior room, power rear liftgate, memory driver seat/mirrors, back up camera.

Suggested Improvements

Make nav available in some of the lower priced option packages. Although I like all the bells and whistles that came with our van, it had to be special ordered. AWD with a spare (no runflats). I would have bought AWD w/this configuration.

Surprising mileage
By Ron Shaw

2007 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got this vehicle because I needed something that was more family friendly than the 04 Tacoma standard cab that I traded in. I didn't want to take a hit in gas mileage, so this minivan ended up being the best choice, compared to SUVs, etc., that could still haul things. With an EPA rating of 26 hwy, I expected to get somewhat less, but I have been extremely pleased with the Sienna. With my mixed commute driving (about 100 miles/day RT, I average 28-29 MPG. Way beyond expectations. I am a conservative driver, but I do the speed limit. Flat out highway only driving, I actually get in the low 30s at 65-70 MPH (according to the mileage display). And, it will hold more than the Tacoma did!

Favorite Features

Size, fuel economy, comfort, DVD player for the kids, about a gazillion cup holders, storage everywhere, smooth ride, build quality.

Suggested Improvements

Hmm... I will have to think about that.

What's there not to like!
By DON

2007 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you have to move people, cargo or even your pet goldfish, why would anyone buy anything but a minivan? SUVs play to the ego but minivans play to the practicality. I use my minivans for business and have found nothing better to move equipment and people. I've also owned many kinds of minivans and until now thought they were pretty much all the same. But not this time. Toyota tops them all. It drives with incredible stability, small turning radius, smooth riding and super easy to drive. If you own a minivan now and it's not a Toyota, it will be well worth your time to drive this around.

Favorite Features

The ride, the disappearing seats, comfortable seating, lots of storage, the large area inside the car, all the bells and whistles (they are fun!), terrific radio, auto temp. controls (3 way), neat DVD, plenty of pep and of course...Toyota workmanship.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to be able to completely remove the rear seats. There's lots more storage under. I cut a masonite board to cover the entire rear area. Toyota should sell one. A place to store the first aid kit and fire extinguisher.

Toyota Sienna: Best Van 4 the $$$
By Todd

2007 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The resale, fit and finish, stability, reliability, transmission, engine, dash board views, and rubber/ plastic movement and sound surpass the other minivans. The Sienna is heavy duty family grade. We drove the Honda and it was really nice. But not as heavy duty as the Sienna. The Toyota is much studier and feels better on the road. We love this van and I swore I'd never buy one!!

Favorite Features

Sliding door, child peek mirror, engine power. Seat ease configuration.

Suggested Improvements

Outside styling. Make mud flaps standard on a specific package, offer fog-lamps as accessory instead of package. Offer towing kit!!