Used 2007 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

an unreliable toyota
By kevin

2007 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am not very pleased with this sienna. My other cars are a 10 year old Mercedes and 3 year old BMW. The Toyota has had more recalls than the other two cars combined--6 in total! Currently, the front seat warmer does not work and the the "automated" rear hatch door is a manual door. The AWD tires failed after barely one year of use. Even though all these issues are fixed by the dealer, the hassles and fixes are tiresome--after all, why bother buying a Toyota if this is the quality. I guess compared to the sticking gas pedal problem, mine are nothing to complain about. I will never buy another Toyota again!

Will NEVER buy a Toyota again
By Steve T

2007 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a 2007 Sienna XLE 4WD. We paid market price for it: no discount. The air sensor on the tires leaks air and we get a flat tire...or two...or three, every couple of months. We missed the lemon law by 5 days...we have fought with Toyota and the dealership for months, but they refuse to fix anything...NEVER AGAIN will I purchase a Toyota...it is the most UNSAFE car I have ever owned. I will teach my kids to avoid Toyota like the plague.

FIX THE TIRES and the flat sensors.

Just a few problems
By UnhpyOwner

2007 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, I've enjoyed my minivan. However...(1) both sliding doors rattle. Took it in several times, they greased it and it was ok for a short time and then back to the rattle. No one can find the problem; (2)driver's side sliding door sometimes gets stuck (can't close it from inside) & (3) same door sometimes won't open from the inside either; Now, (4) the calipers are shot. I don't brake quickly either! This van is 2 years old & falling apart on me!

automatic sliding door; driver's seat fully adjustable; rear seats fold into floor

Front control for rear ac/htr needs improvement; get the rattles out - I'm not the only one having this problem.

Simply the Best
By vam

2007 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2005 Pacifica which I thought I loved, but my wife's Sienna is simply extraordinary. I am very surprised at some of the negative comments I am reading on Edmunds. This van drives extremely smooth, better than a car, the power is astonishing and we get 26MPG. I truly feel it's the best car we owned. We had Hondas, Ford, and my Pacifica. Don't take our word - go drive it. Mechanically impeccable.

everything, power, comfort, feel, gas mileage

Maybe a hybrid version - or simply getting it to 35 or 40 MPG- that would be amazing.

Impressed
By Chris68

2007 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this van to replace a 2002 Sienna. All had been improved between the two models. Interior is a lot roomier and more practical with the third-row seats folding into the floor. Power, handling and braking gave us confidence, along with the safety rating. This last point was a life-saver when the van got rammed on the driver's side by another van going about 70 kmh. While the other van (an earlier Sienna model similar to our old one) was totaled, the 2007 Sienna looked like it could have left the accident on its own. No injuries to the occupants! Had she used almost any other vehicle, my wife would not be alive today. Will keep using Toyota vans.

Incredibly strong safety cage, comfort, power, practicality.

better trim fitting