2007 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Engine is worthless
By BF on 10/31/09 07:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota sienna engine is worthless. Miss an oil change and it will sludge up fast and Toyota will not help. Trade yours in now before it the engine goes out. Toyota dependability & reliability is a myth. Just plain lie-ability.

Sienna
By ocean on 06/14/09 21:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our sienna is a well designed minivan, and I am very happy with the 3.5 liter V6 and 266HP. And the 3rd seat is easy to stow and useful.

Tire Trouble
By JohnCalifornia on 05/08/09 17:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second Sienna; our 1998 was fine. We've had the 2007 model for two years now, and it's had a lot of trouble with the run-flat tires. A couple of flats, and the air-pressure warning light comes on way too often. Today I took another flat to the dealer; the service department said "you're not supposed to just replace one of these at a time -- we should do all four. Otherwise, if the differential fails or the transmission fails, Toyota won't cover it under warranty." So -- throw away 3 good tires (only half worn) and spend $1000 on new run-flats, or Toyota won't honor the warranty? Ridiculous. Also, this van gets at least 20% worse mileage than our old one. Disappointing!

Surprisingly disappointed
By hillaryef on 02/18/09 13:18 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was told to choose: Sienna or Odyssey. My mistake. At this rate I probably wouldn't pick either! We're very disappointed with this car. Under the hood, yes it's ok. It's the small stuff that's frustrating. It seems like there is always another minor issue. Of course some really are just minor (ie: the window trim comes off) but still annoying. We paid too much for these issues! The stuff that really bothers me is things like the very loud rattling on the right side sliding door. (taken in...no one can find anything wrong) I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone. There must be something decent out there other than the Sienna or Odyssey. Off to the auto show :-(

Love It!!
By momof3 on 10/25/08 08:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this van! I do a lot of driving - almost 700 miles a week simply routine, not including other out of town trips. This mini van is one the the best and reliable vehicles I have had (the other being a Toyota as well, a Tercel back in the 90s). It's comfortable, rides smooth and looks great too. The only annoyance has been the tire sensor light when the weather gets cold outside & the sliding doors don't latch open when windows are down. But small potatoes compared to other vehicles I have had. I have had this van for 16 months and have 40,000 miles already. No problems from this vehicle, nothing negative in my eyes about it. I love it and would definitely buy another without pause!

Awesome van
By SibTiger on 09/13/08 18:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Sienna CE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The acceleration on this van will knock your hat off. The ride is very smooth and quiet. Fun to drive. Fuel economy is good: 20 city, 23 hwy. Cavernous space inside fits our family of 7 and all our stuff easily. For hauling, it fits a full size couch if you take out the middle row of seats out. (It's a trick to learn to take them out, but not bad once you do it a few times.) The big nose is a major bug magnet. The only issue we've had is tire pressure sensor error. Wife has drained the battery three times by leaving lights on... but it fully recharges and works like new. Overall, we're highly satisfied and would purchase again.

The best van on the planet...
By UCB on 08/15/08 23:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I reluctantly entered the mini-van world last year. I thought that my life had lost all meaning. However, the Toyota quickly restored my faith. I have always had Hondas and Toyotas and the Sienna is by far the nicest riding vehicle that I have ever owned. Most comforting, given this difficult transition from car to van, was that the Sienna is also the fastest minivan on the planet by a long shot - 0-60 mph in a little over 7 seconds is not too shabby-leave Honda and Nissan owners in the dust. Surprisingly good fuel economy for a vehicle this size (25mpg average). Toyota build quality is the best. Only service problem we have had was that the digital clock.

Toyota Sienna is great so far!
By barry taylor on 08/07/08 12:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very pleased with mileage on highway. Handles well and has a short turning radius. Seats are difficult to remove and replace. Power window on driver side is hard to regulate.

What to buy a Toyota or Honda?
By Nick on 07/31/08 19:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We narrowed our search for a good big family car down to the Toyota Sienna XLE or the Honda Odyssey equivalent level. We bought the Toyota, and in the first 6 months had to have the CD changer replaced 3 times! One tire won't hold air steadily, the paint chips very easy, the key transmitter needs replaced and no matter how and where we drive we can't average better than 18 mpg. Our dealer takes care of the problems under the warranty, but we loose much time having to go there and wait for repairs on a new car. Our conclusion is the building quality for the price does not match and we are now considering trading in for a Honda Odyssey.

Like the van... kind of
By Raylan on 07/25/08 14:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nearing one year with 2007 Sienna, 18k miles. Great room for kids and all that comes with them. Drives nice, with lots of power. Handling not so great, breaking a bit scary at times due to the soft break pedal. Interior quality is not so Toyota-like; needs refinement with attention to materials and finish. A/C needs more power to the back seats. I would like to say the gas mileage is better then I thought. We're getting around 22-23 MPG combined and the added power is nice to have during traffic in/outs.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.