Used 2007 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger Minivan Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Was great until.....
By mike915

2007 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a brand new Sienna in 2007 with hopes of it being the family car forever, after all "Toyotas go forever".
But about 3 years into it the check engine light came on and starting idling rough. We had never missed a maintenance visit. we were at about 85,000 miles so the warranty was gone. We found out that there is a sensor deep in the engine that had to be replaced, $8,000 to do.
Well that was the end of that vehicle for us as we could not afford the repair. we found out Toyota knew about the problem and put out a service advisory, not a recall, which means you are out of luck. Great up until that day the engine light came on. Will not buy Toyota again.

As good as a van can get:)
By Dave

2007 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove all brands and selected the Toyota over the Honda. Price and features were main reasons, even though the Honda drove a little better. I like the overall ride of Sienna better. I am very impressed with the gas mileage, 26 hwy and 23 in town. I replaced the tires at 45K, but otherwise have not put any money into this van. It had been great for our family!

I am surprised how often I need eight seat. Car seat can be strapped into middle center seat and easy to feed toddler.

Side doors rattle a bit, so they could be tightened up. The 2011 missed out on several of this vans nice features, such as you can not place a baby seat in the middle center seat and terrible bar left in the center so I can put 4X8 sheet in it. I decided to keep my 2007 over the 2011.

Toyota Sienna is great so far!
By barry taylor

2007 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very pleased with mileage on highway. Handles well and has a short turning radius. Seats are difficult to remove and replace. Power window on driver side is hard to regulate.

Steering wheel controls for radio. Windows go down on second row seating.

Separate controls for power rear windows left and right

Fit and Finish and Tires
By estrauss11

2007 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the Sienna Minivan, but Toyota's fit and finish stinks. Three days after buying the minivan the 6 disc cd changer failed, had to wait a month for a new one. Next was the front driver and passenger door panels get stuck on the door sill and pop off. The rear power outlet, fell out of the side panel, and does not reset in the hole. None of the dash board pieces fit evenly, too many big gaps. Last is the Michelin tires seem to wear fast, but that might be due to wheel spin.

Power, fuel economy, and features.

Interior fit and finishing is lacking.

Surprising mileage
By Ron Shaw

2007 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got this vehicle because I needed something that was more family friendly than the 04 Tacoma standard cab that I traded in. I didn't want to take a hit in gas mileage, so this minivan ended up being the best choice, compared to SUVs, etc., that could still haul things. With an EPA rating of 26 hwy, I expected to get somewhat less, but I have been extremely pleased with the Sienna. With my mixed commute driving (about 100 miles/day RT, I average 28-29 MPG. Way beyond expectations. I am a conservative driver, but I do the speed limit. Flat out highway only driving, I actually get in the low 30s at 65-70 MPH (according to the mileage display). And, it will hold more than the Tacoma did!

Size, fuel economy, comfort, DVD player for the kids, about a gazillion cup holders, storage everywhere, smooth ride, build quality.

Hmm... I will have to think about that.