2006 Toyota Sienna Consumer Review: Love My Sienna

2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Review

LE 8-Passenger Passenger Minivan (3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Love My Sienna
By sienna_06 on

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am writing this review in March of 2014. I've owned my Sienna since it was new. I now have over 250,000 miles on my van. It has given me little problem over the years. I purchase 90,000 mile/warranty Michelin tires, and they usually wear unevenly and need replacing before they hit 50,000. This is with regular alignments & tire rotations done at the same time I have the oil changed at 5,000 miles. Other than this, the van has given me little problem. I've been very happy with my van

Reliability in the mechanics as well as the body and interior. Even with all these miles on the van, the seats still look almost new.

Finding and fixing the issue with the unusual tire wear. Nobody seems to know why this is happening, and I've even spoken with an alignment technician who owns a 2006 Sienna just like mine except another color, who says that he is going through tires about every 15,000 miles! He cannot figure out why this is either.
By stixoffire
on 06/06/15 09:41 AM (PDT)

I never rotate tires on a Front Wheel drive vehicle . Unless you want to replace tires often. I buy 40,000 mile tires (the tires are warranted by the date code of manufacture not really by miles) A tire can be installed and have 1 year warranty left regardless of mileage. So I buy the 40K tires, at 40K I replace my front tires, at 80K to 100K, I replace the rear tires along with the front. I save the cost of 2 tires every 2nd tire change and I have no issues with any of my vehicles. I probably have a million miles in front wheel drive vehicles - I used to buy into that rotation stuff - but I have learned by not doing it - how long the rears will last and the fronts I replace them when they reach their mileage - they actually make it to there. When I was rotating I would not reach the rating or maybe barely and I would have to buy 4 tires. I think it is a scam by the tire industry , it does sell more tires and also when you have to rotate every 5K you pay for that and/or are in the service booth often (to buy something else.)